Obion Co 17 Covington 7

PowerSet

Unbelievable effort by a gutsy bunch of kids!!!.....The score was 17-7 but it wasn't even that close...OC had a TD pass dropped in the endzone and a missed field goal in the first half and had the ball on the 4 or 5 yard line when the game ended...The best defensive game of the year and this from a unit that had been allowing close to 360 total yards a game..Covington had only a handful of first downs and only one big play...If not for a nightmare 2nd quarter at Alamo against Crockett County,this team could be 6-0 right now instead of 3-3...But the Rebels are 2-1 in one of the toughest 3A regions in the state and are right in the middle of things for a spot in the playoffs...Everyone is hoping for the best on Garett Grady's injury..Good luck at Brownsville next week against the Tomcats of Haywood County..There is nobody now on the schedule that should intimidate the Rebels.Afterall,the Rebels just disposed of the number one ranked team in the state.Have fun with this one and celebrate till Monday,then focus on the Tomcats...Again,congrats to the staff,players and everyone associated with the Rebel football program on an unbelievable victory...Oh by the way,the Chargers have only lost TWO region games the last 8 YEARS and both have been to the Rebels..This is also the 4 year in a row this game has gone down to the wire...

2002-Covington 20 OC 13

2003-OC 14 Covington 7

2004-Covington 33 OC 27

2005-OC 17 Covington 7

As we said on here, you can not measure HEART, and this group of Rebels seem to have tons of it. This was by far the most complete game I have seen by a Rebel football team in several years. Truth is Covington should not have scored the one td they did. The Rebel "D" was in their face all night, and there was some serious hitting going on. Once again, the Rebel offense proved they can move the football on anyone. Just a SUPER effort by the ENTIRE team, and a huge win. The only downside to last night was Garrett Grady's injury. I hope this was not a serious injury, have not heard yet this morning. After a slow start, the Rebels have pulled to .500 on the season at 3-3. This team seems to have really found itself, and is right now playing some VERY GOOD football. Have fun with this win guys, you deserve it, but then get focused, another Region game is up next week as the Rebles make the long trip to Brownsville to battle Haywood Co. Another TOUGH team in this LOADED region. The two keys to the game were (1) containment, and (2) ball control. The Rebels did both, holding Covington well under their average output on offense. And the Rebs had several long drives, which ate up the clock. Congrats to the Rebels, every player, coach, trainer, manager, water girl, and anyone else with the team. It was a fun way to spend a Friday night.

GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Savor this win til Saturday night, then put the notch in your belt. Start thinking about next week. The difference between a champion and a winner is that champions stay focused on the main goal, where as winners get caught up in the smaller battles. :thumb:

Great job by the way. That school assembly Friday Morning must have really helped. :D

Edited by fieldgoal1