Milan at Huntingdon

bulldawgs#1

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree. Milan has a much better team this year over last year. Milan can throw the ball this year and that was missing in 04'. If Milan brings their A game, they should win.

12yr.old champs.... You've had some good posts in the past along with Bulldog Fan #2. If Milan loses are you saying they didn't bring their A game? What if both teams bring their A game? Who wins? Just joking here..

I know the Milan squad is excited like the Mustangs are. I hope you believe me when our players get excited during Milan week. I know lots of teams look at Huntingdon and Milan and would give anything to beat them but I've always thought that both teams respect each other and always play each other tough and always show good sportsmanship. Plenty of hittin to go around for several games.

In the past it's always been run-run-run-run-run-run-run-pass for the Mustangs.

Now it's run-run-run-run-pass for us this year. :thumb: We're more open with the offense than in years past. I look for a great crowd and an atmosphere like no other in West Tennessee again this year.. Personally I'm glad that #69 Burkes for the Bulldogs has graduated along with King and Walker.

Edited by Mr. Mustang

If this game would have been played in week 2 like the Westview game was i would pick Milan but since Huntingdon's offense line has had a few more weeks to mature and Boo is getting healthier each week I'm going to have to say Milan. Our defense has been getting better each week posting 2 shutouts in a roll and although i dont think it will be 3 i think it will be enough to get us by with a win. Ill say Huntingdon 21 Milan 10

FYI Folks

Milan Bulldogs will be the only undeafted team in 2A football come Sat. morning.

maybe by 1 point, but we'll take it!

GO DAWGS! :thumb:

FYI- Milan is the only undefeated 2A school right now, understandably so since according to Coach T their schedule ranking is 49th....but they wont be undefeated after Friday. :thumb:

12yr.old champs.... You've had some good posts in the past along with Bulldog Fan #2. If Milan loses are you saying they didn't bring their A game? What if both teams bring their A game? Who wins? Just joking here..

I know the Milan squad is excited like the Mustangs are. I hope you believe me when our players get excited during Milan week. I know lots of teams look at Huntingdon and Milan and would give anything to beat them but I've always thought that both teams respect each other and always play each other tough and always show good sportsmanship. Plenty of hittin to go around for several games.

In the past it's always been run-run-run-run-run-run-run-pass for the Mustangs.

Now it's run-run-run-run-pass for us this year. ;) We're more open with the offense than in years past. I look for a great crowd and an atmosphere like no other in West Tennessee again this year.. Personally I'm glad that #69 Burkes for the Bulldogs has graduated along with King and Walker.

I know both teams are good and it really could go either way. I have to pull for my bulldogs though.

I just hope it's a good hard hitting game with no injuries for either team ;)

I know a lot's been said about Milan's schedule so far and I guess that's a good point. However, it can also be said that Milan has beaten the teams they were supposed to beat and that means something as well. Huntingdon has done the same and that tells me they are focused and well coached just as the Bulldogs are.

I know both teams are good and it really could go either way. I have to pull for my bulldogs though.

I just hope it's a good hard hitting game with no injuries for either team ;)

I know a lot's been said about Milan's schedule so far and I guess that's a good point. However, it can also be said that Milan has beaten the teams they were supposed to beat and that means something as well. Huntingdon has done the same and that tells me they are focused and well coached just as the Bulldogs are.

very classy post

I for one am glad the game is being played in Huntingdon. The stadium in Milan is embarrassing. They simply do not have the facilities to host a big game like this. The semi-final game was horrible. They brought out bleaches to put in the endzone because their stadium didn't have enough seats. They had long lines at the port-o-potties. (Yes... Port-o-potties) They have no parking on top of all that. Forget about getting anything at the concession stand. Milan really ought to consider building a new stadium over at the High School. That stadium they play in doesn't do their program justice.

I for one am glad the game is being played in Huntingdon. The stadium in Milan is embarrassing. They simply do not have the facilities to host a big game like this. The semi-final game was horrible. They brought out bleaches to put in the endzone because their stadium didn't have enough seats. They had long lines at the port-o-potties. (Yes... Port-o-potties) They have no parking on top of all that. Forget about getting anything at the concession stand. Milan really ought to consider building a new stadium over at the High School. That stadium they play in doesn't do their program justice.

II would tend to agree about Milan`s stadium. The first time I went to a game there about 4 years ago I was kinda surprised at the condition and overall ffacilities. As much history and great teams that Milan has had over the years I would have figured the town would have put more effort into upgrading and maintaining the place. Face it..its football that puts Milan on the map. If you polled folks on the other side of the state and asked them what comes to mind when you hear Milan, I guarantee they don`t say the Milan Arsenal. I know there is a lot of support in the town, but it seems like they need a nicer place to play.They have built a new fieldhouse there which was long overdue, so it looks like they are there to stay for awhile. What about it Milan fans? Is there any talk to make more improvements?

Milan has done quite a bit in the last year to correct and replace some of the problems of the past. We have constructed a new fieldhouse which can easily dress out over 60 per team. The concessions have been move to the new fieldhouse and enlarged, along with new bathrooms in the same facility. They also have put in plenty of visitor parking behind the visitor stands to correct that problem. As far as the temp bleachers in the semi-final game last year, I don't think either teams stadium could have held the crowd which was there. It was simply an effort put forth by Milan to accomadate as many as possible. We knew the crowd would be large and the tried to get as much seating as possible. If you are going to be in Huntingdon this Friday night I am sure they won't have enough seating for everyone that pays to enter. That is the reason to get to the game early if you want to set down. It is the best of West Tn. football for Class 2A. These schools line up and bust each other year in and year out. A huge crowd follows and I hope should you come back to Milan in the future you will see the improvements we have made. If you don't come back then you are missing a place to watch some of the best 2A football in the state.