cumberland gap panthers is the real deal

Gapfan06

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Panther Fans..In The Panther Counrty We Have Been Working Very Hard To Win The Region Champ. after winning last night that puts our goal in a reach..we have to continue to work hard and get better every day we hit the field..we have played some good teams but overcome them and now we have 3 region games left with two good teams in G-P and north greene..everyone get ready for another good game witht hose too..the panthers have been workin hard and the o-line is leading our team all the way..with and up and down season with injuries and people steepign up and playing on the line we ahve a strong core..out qb is playing the best games of his life..and our running backs have been runnin hard..our wide outs have been catching the ball and makeing big plays..thats what it takes to win..and we are winning and are goin to continue..Thank To Our Fans Very Much For Support..We Love YOu Guys!!

I just wanted to step in and congratulate the Panthers on their achievements so far this year. I have to say, you are getting better with each game and I am impressed. This is definitely the best team the Gap has offered since the original 2003 team when the school first started. At that time, GP was the team to beat with HV coming in a close 2nd. As everyone is aware, times change and what goes around, comes around.

I would have to say, I would love to see a game between this year's Panthers and their "founding fathers" from the '03 season. It would really be a nail biter.

BTW, with all the posts and mentions I have recently seen, I think the Gap is finally gaining a little recognition they deserve. Maybe some of the media guys will get their heads out of the clouds (or wherever else they may be) and realize there are more good teams around than the ones that are directly under their noses.

Just remember, "The Bar Has Been Set". It is up to you guys to work hard to either meet or exceed it. Good luck and keep up the hard work. :thumb:

How does Coalfield compare among the teams Cumberland Gap has played this season?

Coalfield is solid, with a great Junior running back in Brandon Davis.

Cumberland Gap was shaky in the kicking game with a brand new place kicker, or that game might have gone into OT. That problem has worked itself out.

Head Coach Garry Kries was the leading Vol receiver in 1969, and knows how to get Coalfield ready to play.

So far, Coalfield, South Greene, and Happy Valley have been the Panthers biggest challeges. I would love to see a Coalfield vs Cumberland Gap rematch, but it isn't going to happen since Coalfield is 1A, and The Gap is 2A.

Coalfield is solid, with a great Junior running back in Brandon Davis.

Cumberland Gap was shaky in the kicking game with a brand new place kicker, or that game might have gone into OT. That problem has worked itself out.

Head Coach Garry Kries was the leading Vol receiver in 1969, and knows how to get Coalfield ready to play.

So far, Coalfield, South Greene, and Happy Valley have been the Panthers biggest challeges. I would love to see a Coalfield vs Cumberland Gap rematch, but it isn't going to happen since Coalfield is 1A, and The Gap is 2A.

I Would Like to see a rematch Between Sg and CGHS

Cumberland Gap is the real deal! Ryan Hoskins is truely playing brilliantly! All I can say is WOW! Zeth Clemons is unstopable! Brad Beason breaks tackles left and right, and Jake Shipley is on the rise! The defensive and offensive line looks bigger and stonger every week! After Friday night's game at Happy Valley, it is hard for me to believe that CG won't win the region! This week is homecoming and should post some pretty good numbers in the books for Clemsons, Beason, Shipley, Brim, Hoskins, Gulley, and Gilbert. The rest of the season should be a good one! 3 more home games, plus the road trip to GP left, so come out and support the PANTHERS!!! Good luck guys! Congratulations on a great season thus far! *Love ya Bradley!*

Edited by gapgirl2005