Brentwood Academy @ Montgomery Bell Academy

Eagles09

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess you're right about those state championships being nice, but thanks to those 2 years and the recruiting around it....we are now stuck with 8 divisions, 24 Mr. Footballs, and 1000's of fans that think TN high school football is a joke.

Way to go CF. At least we have our runner-up trophies to be proud of. And yes, once again, we get beat by MBA.

I am definitely right about those championships being nice. There are schools that have been around for decades and decades, that have a much larger enrollment and give financial aid and still never accomplished that. I am very glad that you agree.

You obviously have your right to an opinion about Tennessee high school football being a joke. You also have your right to an opinion as to why. If your first opinion is correct, I hope you would agree that it probably doesn't help our image much when one of our top programs gets humiliated by 50 or so when we play an out of state school (I was one of those "1000's of fans" that you mentioned, who left at half time). If your first opinion is correct, I submit my opinion as to one of the reasons why TN high school football lost some respect. Your theory that Coach Flatt single handedly caused the split with no recruiting violations ever proven in over 30 years is strictly an opinion or a theory. Sadly, my opinion is, as you well know, based on fact.

Edited by USA1

I guess you're right about those state championships being nice, but thanks to those 2 years and the recruiting around it....we are now stuck with 8 divisions, 24 Mr. Footballs, and 1000's of fans that think TN high school football is a joke.

Way to go CF. At least we have our runner-up trophies to be proud of. And yes, once again, we get beat by MBA.

Silverballs,

Please just shut up!

Where did Bruce Little end up? Didn't he commit to Colorado at one point?

Arkansas State. He and Barry Turner are best buddies, and CU offered both. Bruce made a verbal, but CU withdrew their offer when Barry committed to Nebraska. It was very late in the game, and Bruce really got stuck.

Recruiting is such a wonderful thing!

THis is def. BA's worst team in a very long time. No QB at all. O-Line isnt very good outside of Mike Berry and Jadon Hogan and Jason Huie but they all play both ways and by the end of the games they are dead. Best player could be Bill Kottas and they cant get the ball to him. Without offensive balance you cant score on good teams. Def. is OK and gets to tired too compete by the end of games due to players going both ways. Its just an overall OK team.

There has to be someone at Brentwood Academy who can get Bill the ball.

word on the street is that this is our weakest team in 15 years...is it the players or the coaching?

First, it remains to be seen whether this is "our weakest team". Let's wait until the end of the year to make that call. Lots of football left. Second, it's a pretty high standard, since BA has not had a losing record for a season in over 30 years.

I do like the effort this team gives each week. They play hard. Good things may yet happen this year, and I fully expect next year's team to be one of the best in several years.

First, it remains to be seen whether this is "our weakest team". Let's wait until the end of the year to make that call. Lots of football left. Second, it's a pretty high standard, since BA has not had a losing record for a season in over 30 years.

I do like the effort this team gives each week. They play hard. Good things may yet happen this year, and I fully expect next year's team to be one of the best in several years.

Not ready to say this is our weakest team, but this does not look like the normal "product" we put out on the field. Good news about next years team. Give us the inside scoop...do we have a few deals in the works?

Also, my fellow posters, my passion for BA often gets misinterpreted. I apologize if some of my remarks come across as too harsh.

Now let's get back to what we do best!!! Anyone been out to some of the local middle school games this year? Lets ROPE 'EM IN!!!

Not ready to say this is our weakest team, but this does not look like the normal "product" we put out on the field. Good news about next years team. Give us the inside scoop...do we have a few deals in the works?

Also, my fellow posters, my passion for BA often gets misinterpreted. I apologize if some of my remarks come across as too harsh.

Now let's get back to what we do best!!! Anyone been out to some of the local middle school games this year? Lets ROPE 'EM IN!!!

You've been outed for some time now. Nobody takes you seriously, and yet you aren't funny.

Edited by itzme

Again. Your routine is old. You are not cute or funny. Quit acting like a BA supporter. Your "passion" isn't misinterpreted. You are just an IDIOT!

There is no "I" in "team" but there are 2 "i's" in "idiot"!

Edited by Bighurt

You've been outed for some time now. Nobody takes you seriously, and yet you aren't funny.

here's a suggestion: why don't you and USA just quit responding to him? It is pretty clear that the only point of his postings is to get a rise out of you, and you oblige him every single time he posts this silly stuff. With this response you have given silverballs incentive to post again tomorrow.

here's a suggestion: why don't you and USA just quit responding to him? It is pretty clear that the only point of his postings is to get a rise out of you, and you oblige him every single time he posts this silly stuff. With this response you have given silverballs incentive to post again tomorrow.

I like his posts and enjoy responding to them. It is actually comforting to know that BA causes him so much discomfort and hostility. The poor little guy has to blow off steam somehow.

Edited by USA1