Knox Central Vs. South Doyle

chsOL68

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Central home boyz will bearden but has too much class to be 70-0.

Is this English?

Central will win this one by as many as they want. S-D's only hope is that they can stop the sophomores and freshmen from running up the score.

I would also like to ask this question....Exactly WHO is D1 talent for Central?

Granted they are a great high school football team, but I don't recall seeing anyone who I would consider D1 material.

Central will win big.

I got to watch them play against my Red Rebels last Friday night and I was very impressed (wanted to get on the MHS vs. CHS thread this morning to tell all the Central fans that but it had already been shut down).

The Central defense is GREAT (not good) and the offense executes very well. They've got great athletes on both sides of the ball and I don't think that there are very many teams out there that can beat Central this year.

I agree there are not many teams who could beat Central this year, and as someone above posted there were calls that could have turned that game at any point. Having said that Central's D is solid but Maryville's proved just how good they could be.

I think this game Coach Helton will use this game to get his teams confidence up to include Zack's. The kid no doubt, took the loss very hard as he really thought he could have gotten his team into the end zone with seconds left to play vs. the arch nemesis Maryville. Real competitors like Helton who take mistakes and failures very hard when they can't come through. QB Helton is one tough kid and he'll be ready to make a statement and lead his team vs. SD. Central 47-7

The only thing in South-Doyle's favor is they are the sandwich team between Maryville and Powell on Central's schedule. Will Central overlook them or be down after the loss to the Red Rebs last week? I think they will be mad as all get out. This one will get real ugly real early. The Bobcats' starters play the 1st half. The 2nd line and freshman teams play the 3rd and 4th quarters. I don't think Helton will let this score get crazy, but a 50 point win is not out of the question.

Edited by medman

Keep your heads up Bobcats you'll see the Rebs again. Ouch, this game won't be pretty. Helton and Daa Daa will put up some numbers this week. CENTRAL 48 SOUTH DOYLE 7. You boys on the sideline better watch Coach Bridges when he spits that bacca.

Edited by ZCAR

well i beg to differ central may have some D1 athletes,south doyle may not be to good but they have a few D1 players as well and three of them come from there secondary

south doyles secondary is probably one of the best around here you got jeremy allen at 6,1 one ninty his brother at 6,0 even one ninty at the corners and Derek wilcox 5,11 one seventy five and the allens are juniors and wilcox is just a sophmore and there allready saying that all three of them are going to be great division 1 material o and dont forget about star running back mike mike stevenson he is being recruited by a nice amount of colleges right now with a line like south doyles and mike stevenson being one of the prep xtras top rushers dont count south doyle out of anything just yet south doyle by 3

well i beg to differ central may have some D1 athletes,south doyle may not be to good but they have a few D1 players as well and three of them come from there secondary

south doyles secondary is probably one of the best around here you got jeremy allen at 6,1 one ninty his brother at 6,0 even one ninty at the corners and Derek wilcox 5,11 one seventy five and the allens are juniors and wilcox is just a sophmore and there allready saying that all three of them are going to be great division 1 material o and dont forget about star running back mike mike stevenson he is being recruited by a nice amount of colleges right now with a line like south doyles and mike stevenson being one of the prep xtras top rushers dont count south doyle out of anything just yet south doyle by 3

I have three questions.

1. Who on Centrals team is being recruited by DI school?. Not just a letter but actually being recruited.

2. Did Central and maryville play Frosh. J.V. games Monday?

3. Isn't it against TSSAA rules and Knox. Co. School board policy to chew tobaaco on the side line? Certainly not a good example.

As far as S.D. and Central. If central is ready they will score 10 T.D.'s

Bigcatt--the only ones I know of that are getting interest from D1 schools are, Nance from Marshall mainly, Longworth is getting mail on an almost daily basis from Clemson and Lonas Sieber has supposedly recieved offers from some schools. TN Tech offered him at camp this year (I know they are not D1).

You would hope that a school would take a chance on Gaston. I know his height is working against him, but he can play.

As far as Central being loaded with D1 talent, that just isn't the case.

Adkins and Helton might get D1 offers in baseball.