Knox Central Vs. South Doyle

chsOL68

Bigcatt--the only ones I know of that are getting interest from D1 schools are, Nance from Marshall mainly, Longworth is getting mail on an almost daily basis from Clemson and Lonas Sieber has supposedly recieved offers from some schools. TN Tech offered him at camp this year (I know they are not D1).

You would hope that a school would take a chance on Gaston. I know his height is working against him, but he can play.

As far as Central being loaded with D1 talent, that just isn't the case.

Adkins and Helton might get D1 offers in baseball.

Medma- Marshal & Michigan is talking to Sean has a good chance of going either. he is also getting two to three letters a week from them. lots of smaller colleges Emory& Henry,Chatanooga State,Tusculem, just to name a few.

Edited by abiggsexxy

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

glad to hear it sexy one. Sean is a nice kid. Are they wanting him for football or baseball? Which sport does he prefer? I couldn't be at the game last week, but I'll catch up with ya at S-D. :blink:

Medman- Marshal is looking at him for football

Michigan is football also Chatanooga ,Louiville Ky,Memphis and alot of smaller colleges for baseball, the really likes baseball alittle better

Keep your heads up Bobcats you'll see the Rebs again. Ouch, this game won't be pretty. Helton and Daa Daa will put up some numbers this week. CENTRAL 48 SOUTH DOYLE 7. You boys on the sideline better watch Coach Bridges when he spits that bacca.

If that happens, and I think it will, at least it will be at Maryville. I do think Coach Helton uses this game vs. a new region foe, to get his team back on track. Having said that Central is a very talented team but for most of the game had no anwser for Maryville's "D". I expect they will improve and beat SD handly, sorry for the kees'.

I agree there are not many teams who could beat Central this year, and as someone above posted there were calls that could have turned that game at any point. Having said that Central's D is solid but Maryville's proved just how good they could be.

I think this game Coach Helton will use this game to get his teams confidence up to include Zack's. The kid no doubt, took the loss very hard as he really thought he could have gotten his team into the end zone with seconds left to play vs. the arch nemesis Maryville. Real competitors like Helton who take mistakes and failures very hard when they can't come through. QB Helton is one tough kid and he'll be ready to make a statement and lead his team vs. SD. Central 47-7

Not takeing anything away from Maryvill but coach helton cost Central thegame

Well, this game went about as expected. It was not real pretty. Central looked pretty disinterested after they got up 27 in the 2nd quarter. They had some turnovers, which is to be expected in this weather. Again, way too many penalties and dumb mistakes. The O line did not play well at all tonite. It could be a long week of practice for a couple of those guys. On some positive notes, the running backs, Gaston, Dyer and Wilson, looked very good. The D was very good. Longworth had an excellent game. I think with S-D blitzing so much, we should have thrown some short passes and screens. Maybe Joel was playing it close to the vest and trying not to give too much away for next week.

S-D played hard and made a few plays on D and sacked Zack a few times. They didn't have much success on offense against Central's D. Had a couple of nice plays, but not really too many positives. Stevenson didn't seem to have many yards from scrimmage.

Any region win is a good win.

Next week is a huge game with Powell. Will the Powell fans be silent again this week, or will the huge win over Halls bring them back out? We'll see.