Thomas Walker VA @ Cumberland Gap

Shotdoc

Well the Panthers are coming off a long and productive road trip, (4weeks, 3 wins one open date) and are looking to improve their overall record against a struggling Thomas Walker team. The Panthers can't forget about the scare against TW last year though (40-33) in a game the could have went either way. My question is how will the Panthers be after a very emotional and hard fought victory at Happy Valley on Friday. They must keep their focus and intensity and come out and take it to TW. If they do this, it shouldn't even be a game. If they don't, they will be in for a dog fight like last year. One game at a time boys, and take care of business. My guess is, they play hard like they have been and win this one. ;) Keep on rollin Panthers, we're proud of ya!!!! :)

CG-56

TW-6

Panther Pride!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are coming off a big win...Took a lot to get the job done but we stuck in there and got it done..We are not lookin by TW by any means..We know any given team can beat you at any given time...We play each game a week at a time and prepare for each game one week at a time..This should be a pretty good game..It is our homecomin off a 3 road stretch...Everyone should come out and support there Panters..

Panther Pride!

I hope everyone on the Panther roster realizes the importance of playing up to your potential Firday night and not playing down to your competition. Thomas Walker is not the best team in the world but that doesn't mean you can't lose the ball game to them.

Remember what the old wise man said: "Don't ever let your maximum effort be only the minimum effort required to do the task!" Explanation: take care of business with pride, and give it your all.

With that said, my prediction:

Cumberland Gap - 54

Thomas Walker - 12

Well, looks like the Gap boys are staying focused and mean business!!! Good post #1. You have to bring your A game each Friday night out there on the gridiron. Keep up the hard work and good things will happen to you. Flip96, you're exactly right. CG is definitely the better team, but they gotta play their game and not TW's. Take care of business should be the theme this week!!! :justwrestle:

CG-56

TW-6

Panther Pride!!!!!

this will be a one sided game.....even though you cant under estimate thomas walkers chances but i think gap has this one BIG

PANTHER PRIDE!!!!!!!

You may be right, but the Gap has gotta play like TW is the #1 team in the state.....(Of Virginia that is :lol: ) If they don't then TW could sneak up on them. It's scary to play these teams like this. A true test of a good team is to beat the teams you're supposed to beat. And if you're suppose to beat them bad...then you do. I'll stick with my prediction on this one. CG Rolls cause they will be focused! :lol:

CG-56

TW-6

Panther Pride!!!

I mean no disrespect for the Pioneers, they are a great bunch of kids, but they just don't have the experienced athletes to compete with the Panthers this season. Maybe in 2 or 3 years, but not now.

Reggie Hounshell is the only big threat that Thomas Walker has, and with one linebacker keyed on Hounshell, it leaves the rest of the team to have their way with the Pioneers.

This will be a golden opportunity for injuries to heal, and younger players to get some game time. I doubt that we will see many starters getting a lot of snaps.

The worst thing that could happen in this one is to mess around and get a key player injured by playing at half speed. The 2nd worst is to let the Panthers get rusty and out of sync.

Claiborne was smart to schedule Thomas Walker as a warm up game.

Don't let this mid-season soft game allow you to lose focus on the Region contests ahead!

The other games on the schedule can get you to the play-offs in great shape. This game can't really help you, so make absolutely certain that it doesn't hurt you.

Cumberland Gap (subs) 42

Thomas Walker 14

Interesting factor in tonight's game...how will the Panthers' pass happy offense deal with a rainy night? Should be interesting to watch. I still think they hang on though and win this one big. :lol:

CG-56

TW-6

Panther Pride!!!!!!!

Football history says to go with a power running game on a wet field, and grind it out.

I would prefer to see the Panthers pull it back in tonight and go with Hassler at QB running Trevor Hester up the middle, and a few option runs.

The margin of victory is not as important as coming out with a win, and those hamstrings intact. Acrobatic cuts with soft footing can lead to injuries that the Panthers don't need right now.

Let the O line push the Pioneers from one end zone to the other. Pass plays should be open all over the field due to having so many weapons, so the Panthers probably won't be able to resist putting in the air some.

Play solid, have fun, stay healthy!

Football history says to go with a power running game on a wet field, and grind it out.

I would prefer to see the Panthers pull it back in tonight and go with Hassler at QB running Trevor Hester up the middle, and a few option runs.

The margin of victory is not as important as coming out with a win, and those hamstrings intact. Acrobatic cuts with soft footing can lead to injuries that the Panthers don't need right now.

Let the O line push the Pioneers from one end zone to the other. Pass plays should be open all over the field due to having so many weapons, so the Panthers probably won't be able to resist putting in the air some.

Play solid, have fun, stay healthy!

Word is that Hester will not play tonight. I heard he's been in the hospital for the past couple of days. Guess it will be up to Beason and Shipley to lead the running game tonight.They are more than capable seeing as how Hester has been on the line the past two ballgames!!!! :lol: