Lewis Co. @ Waverly Central

waverly tigers

I wouldn't be suprised if Waverly won this game. From the looks of things, Lewis Co. isn't the cream of the crop as first predicted. And Waverly's not the cellar dweller everyone thought they would be. Waverly is a big, physical football team that noone really expected to be as tough as they are.

Waverly's got a defense that plays oldschool. Line up, whip the man in front of you and then get to the ball. Lewis Co. really hasn't played ANYONE. And they weren't that impressive in the ones they won. But that all changes this week. This won't be a blowout.

This game will come down to special teams. If Waverly can be solid, and get a few big plays out of their return game, cause a fumble, or maybe take a pick back, they will have the opportunity to win this game, but if not, they don't have enough offense in the end. Anyone who plays Waverly EVERY year knows that they're always the toughest 2-8 team you play. They just don't get into the endzone.

I think this will be a test for Lewis Co., as a big win here will give real momentum going into their final three weeks where they will have to host a surging Riverside, take a week off, then go into a powerful Camden machine that seems to be beginning to pump on all cylinders.

Waverly could take this one, but I'll take the Panthers.

Lewis Co. 21 Waverly 20

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know who will win this one but i'll always pull for my family so Bobby Sharp Put it to them!!! Lewis County I hope you get to play Milan This year!!!!

I don't think you'll get your wish...Lewis co will have to go through the privates in region 5-2a not to mention Camden before they can even think about getting to see Milan or anyone in region 7 for the semi's....the Panther defense is just not what it needs to be to get that deep in the play-offs. But they do have enough to win this one against a non-productive Waverly offense.

Lewis Co. 20

Waverly 13

Edited by Lions4ever

THE WAY I SEE THIS SHAKING OUT IS THAT IF WAVERLY CAN PLAY THE TYPE OF GAME ON DEFENSE THEY HAVE THE LAST TWO WEEKS,THEY HAVE A SHOT AT WINNING. THE WAVERLY OFFENSE MUST CAPITALIZE ON ALL BREAKS THAT ARE GIVEN TO THEM OR THIS COULD BE ANOTHER OVERTIME THRILLER. WAVERLY HAS BEEN AN OVERTIME DARLING THIS SEASON, BUT CAN THEY WITHSTAND ANOTHER OT? LET'S HOPE FOR THE WAVERLY FANS, PLAYERS, AND COACHES THEY DON'T HAVE TO GO THERE. I CAN'T MAKE A PREDICTION BECAUSE I SEE THIS GAME TO CLOSE TO CALL. ;)

Wish I could be at this one cause it'll be a goodin'! but I of course will be across the river cheering my Lions to victory. Work hard Tigers you CAN pull this off. It always helps when our next week opponent plays a tough game the week before...kinda softens em up for us! :lol: ....just playing :lol: ....I would love to see ya'll take the W in this one...GO Tigers!

Common opponenets (Richland & A'ville) make you think LC has the edge in this one, BUT...

Waverly has shown a lot of heart in some OT wins! Could be a lot closer than some folks are thinking! If the Tigers hang on to the football & play some defense, who knows what might happen...

Either way, good luck to both teams!

just because riverside had some problems with waverly doesn't mean that everyone will. Not taking anything away from waverly because they ARE a very improved team, but so is every other team in the region all which have come off of big losses at the beginning of the season.

"Lowest County" wins this one big.