McMinn vs William Blount

bigducky

Hey Burnt I can appreciate where you are coming from but let's get off of #10 back he did the best he could with what he had to work with.

Now Biglucky1 you need to slow your roll about coach Daugherty, he is doing just fine and I think he will improve as he gains more experience. Just be patient and remember that Rome was not built in one day.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Burnt I can appreciate where you are coming from but let's get off of #10 back he did the best he could with what he had to work with.

Now Biglucky1 you need to slow your roll about coach Daugherty, he is doing just fine and I think he will improve as he gains more experience. Just be patient and remember that Rome was not built in one day.

Very well said TribeFan. Coach Daugherty is a great guy, and is learning the game fast. He loves the boys and cares about there future, that is what matter, we all like to win, but we have to crawl before we walk, and he is starting to take some big steps. We do not need to run him off like we did Mullinax. Go Cherokee beat WB

Nobody ran Mullinax off he was ready for a change and is real happy @ Armuchee and the people love him (go figure). I agree with your post but I would say that if Tony does not win atleast 5-6 games a year that people will begin to complain, I suppose that is part of job when you are the head coach. I think time will tell us that Tony can get the job done we just have to be patient. William Blount game is chapter 8 in the "story" which is a must win game for the cherokees!

Nobody ran Mullinax off he was ready for a change and is real happy @ Armuchee and the people love him (go figure). I agree with your post but I would say that if Tony does not win atleast 5-6 games a year that people will begin to complain, I suppose that is part of job when you are the head coach. I think time will tell us that Tony can get the job done we just have to be patient. William Blount game is chapter 8 in the "story" which is a must win game for the cherokees!

Tribefan sounds to me like you did not know coach Mullinax very well because the administration ran him off. Sure he was ready for a change, he was ready for the administration to stop giving him false information. I sure hope mcminn can beat blount but I doubt it, looks like another losing season.

Untill we UNITE, All athletics, ( Basketball, Baseball, etc) like all other schools it will be hard to have a winning program. We only have 8 seniors this year. I have counted at least a dozen boys that are great atheletes that would make a difference in the football program. Go to Cleveland, OR, other schools all the coaches work together with the boys..

Believe me biglucky1 I know Coach Mullinax alot better then you will ever know him. True the administration was on his back all the time but do think he cared? "NO" that is what made him great to be around, becuase you always knew where you stood with him. Now about the game McMinn will win, listen to me McMinn will win there is no other option. They will then go to Heritage (scarey game) and then renew the big rival game with Bradley. The Tribe is back....

Untill we UNITE, All athletics, ( Basketball, Baseball, etc) like all other schools it will be hard to have a winning program. We only have 8 seniors this year. I have counted at least a dozen boys that are great atheletes that would make a difference in the football program. Go to Cleveland, OR, other schools all the coaches work together with the boys..

Well said bradshaw. I've been arguing all year that McMinn is at a disadvantage b/c of numbers, especially seniors. McMinn is competing with less than half the numbers some of their opponents are fielding. They started the year with 8 seniors and have lost three for season b/c of injuries. They had eleven last year. You can't say that doesn't factor in. For comparison, Oak Ridge has over 25 seniors on their roster. Lagrage, GA (a team I have come to admire) won the state championship last year starting 17 seniors. I'm not saying you can't win with Jrs or sophs but you better have a good group of seniors in the mix.

Now why have the last two senior classes been so small? Don't know. They were small jr classes, small soph classes, and small fresh classes so it goes back to when Mullinax was still at McMinn and during Hutchins' year at the helm. McMinn typically has lower numbers than most of their opponents which is due, in part, to the fact they are the smallest 5A school in the state. It seems that the last two years were a down cycle at McMinn. This years jr group has solid #s, soph are kindof small, but fresh have the most out McMinn has seen in recent memory. So the future looks bright.

With all of that said, McMinn is playing good ball right now which is a credit to their players and to the coaching staff. They could have very easily written off the season like last year.

Rebel Nation I find it funny you Blount Co. people bash each other when referring to each other's respective schools but when one of those schools is playing outside the county all of a sudden ya'll love each other.

One thing about it you got one h_ _ l of a team @ Maryville and a great coach in GQ.

Interesting fact the last time McMinn played Heritage up there the official on our side of the field was a member of the Blount Co. school board. Now how does that happen and how can he officiate a game between one of the schools that he represents and a team from a different county. He was professional but he should never call a Blount Co. school football game. Just food for thought....

Yea i see what you're saying, but Bradshaw here is putting James above everybody on the team and blaming all of his mistakes on the players around him. That's something i just don't like to hear when people blame everybody but themselves. Point is that Will is playing well the team is winning and that's that.

And for the game friday night, i believe with it being senior night and all the emotions going around, that the tribe will pull out of a very close game with a win.

Edited by Burnt

Defense will be the key for this game, whoever makes the mistakes on D, it will make the difference.

Big palys on offense because of mental break downs on defense by one team or the other will be what loses this game.

I give the edge to the 'Kees at the moment because of momentum, although WB has played very touhg opponents the last couple of weeks.

McMinn 21

WB 18