Macon vs. Sycamore

geo1126

Who did you "dominate except the score" ? LOL PLEASE. Take Dallas away and you don't have a single win. GL

Why does everybody think he's all we got? Yes, he's fast, but he has a terrific Off. line doing a great job gettin their blocks. Hey, this is high school ball. If we can throw just a little, running all you need. He's going to get even better when the defense has got some people in the backfield. And yes we beat WH in every aspect but the score, maybe not against Smith ( I didnt go). Now come on. :)

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest catfish-hunter

Macon Co. beat 7-1 Westmoreland and lost by 3 points against 5-2 Smith Co. Their other losses were against 7-0 Trousdale Co., 7-1 Pearl Cohn, and 3-4 White House (who has played great since starting the year 0-3).

Sycamore lost to 6-1 Creek Wood and Cheatham Co. A 5-2 Greenbrier team beat them this past Friday night. Pearl Cohn, who is 7-1 overall, beat Sycamore. Sycamore, like Macon Co., also lost to that 3-4 White House bunch.

What does all of this mean?????

These aren't the two typical #4 seed teams that lose to average competiton and sneak into the playoffs. The team that wins this game will not only get in the playoffs, but that team can make some noise in the playoffs. Notre Dame OR Polk Co. will not present a threat in the opening round of the playoffs that either of these teams hasn't already seen through the first seven weeks of the regular season.

What I do know geo, is you had 20 more total yards and 3 more minutes TOP versus WH and still got beat 21-10. Smith County had 279 total yards against you and held you 183 (of which Dallas had 178 total yards). Sounds like he was pretty much all you had. I was there and his two big runs in that game were all Dallas.

You haven't "dominated" anyone all season.

Gl though vs. Sycamore !!!!!!

Who did you "dominate except the score" ? LOL PLEASE. Take Dallas away and you don't have a single win. GL

Excuse me littlereid...You must not have been at the Macon/Station Camp game last week. Yes Dallas had some great plays but so did several others....Hudson, Young, Kirby, Clemons, Woodard, Pedigo, Hall, Hire, must I go on!!! I do not mean to leave any one out; the whole team was awesome. :thumb: Keep up the good hard work you are doing; it's really paying off.

See ya'll Friday night against Sycamore!!!

I'd just like to say that ,if Macon plays like they did against Station Camp, they will be very hard to beat. I believe anybody would agree,(even Pearl Cohn), that if Macon has a decent throwing game, nobody in our region anyway could stop em. I know our record is 3-4 but 2 of them were possible state finalist at least. (Trousdale and Pearl Cohn) and 2 of them we dominated except the score. I predicted Macon to play Fulton a few years back about halfway through the season and people laughed. I predict macon to play Notre Dame the first round. No comment at the moment. IMO

:thumb:

I would think you would have to play a lot better than you did against Station Camp. Station Camp is 1-7 with several lopsided losses.

Pearl-Cohn pounded you (32-14)...as did Trousdale(31-6). You dominated except for the score...that's hilarious. :thumb:

The winner of this game will probably go to play an undefeated private school in the 1st round. I don't think either team has a chance to even play Notre Dame close.

How do you dominate PC and TC when the score is as wide as it is...and against SC I was at the game and SC held pretty much all night...the 2 scores was just big plays that racked up a lot of yards...Dallas prolly got 100 yds just off those 2 runs...If Macon Can pass the ball they'll win this game, I haven't seen a good passing game at the games i've been too...If they had a good passing game they might be better in the region than what they are, but I wish'em luck and hope they do make the playoffs...

How do you dominate PC and TC when the score is as wide as it is...and against SC I was at the game and SC held pretty much all night...the 2 scores was just big plays that racked up a lot of yards...Dallas prolly got 100 yds just off those 2 runs...If Macon Can pass the ball they'll win this game, I haven't seen a good passing game at the games i've been too...If they had a good passing game they might be better in the region than what they are, but I wish'em luck and hope they do make the playoffs...

I'm actually pulling for the Tiggers too. It's difficult to develop a passing game this late in the season even if they change qb's.

I am not very famillar wiyh sycamore I know they had a very good team for the last two or so years who is the coach down there and where did he come from evedently the coaching staff has put together a good team. I do not know if the Tigers have ever faced them or not but I beleive it will be a good game Macon Co. take away a few mistakes have been in almost all their games so far I think they have a good chance to pull this one out it seems that the Tigers have found somewhat of a throwing game that will hopefully take some of the pressure off of Dallas Macon 24-20.

I am not very famillar wiyh sycamore I know they had a very good team for the last two or so years who is the coach down there and where did he come from evedently the coaching staff has put together a good team. I do not know if the Tigers have ever faced them or not but I beleive it will be a good game Macon Co. take away a few mistakes have been in almost all their games so far I think they have a good chance to pull this one out it seems that the Tigers have found somewhat of a throwing game that will hopefully take some of the pressure off of Dallas Macon 24-20.

Guest catfish-hunter

Sycamore has been a solid 3A playoff caliber team since 2000:

2000: lost in the first round at Milan 28-14 (5-6)

2001: beat Bolivar 31-7 in 1st Rd., beat McNairy 38-7 in 2nd Rd., lost in quarters at Crockett Co. 9-7 (11-2)

2002: lost in the first round at McNairy 55-7 (6-5)

2003: beat Jackson South Side 37-34 in 1st Rd., lost at Greenbrier 23-22 in 2nd Rd (7-5)

2004: missed the playoffs but finished with a respectable 5-5 overall record

The school's overall record is 37-28 since the 2000 season (do NOT count the 1999 season when we finished 0-10 as a bunch of sophomores & freshmen).

Tommy Tharp: 29-18 from 2000-2003 as the War Eagles head coach.

The team is now coached by Gary Halstead, who is 8-10 overall as the head coach at Sycamore. I'm predicting that record will be 10-10 at the end of the regular season :D

I'd like to clarify something. I did not say we dominated PC or TC. They beat us hands down. The two games I was talking about were WH and Smith. We should have beaten WH, and our coach wishes he had that one back, but oh well they won. Now Smith I didn't go to, but from what I heard we had them until their last drive. If I was wrong I'm sorry. Now, let's all calm down. :D