DB @ Karns

ArtVandalay

Check out Ron Bliss' web site... A story on the DB QB situation, which was written Sunday. He tells about the injury to Bo Burton, out for the rest of the regular season, the heroic efforts of Sam McCord against Sevier Co. and an update on his injury. Also, Bliss tells of the trust that Graham Clark has in Soph. QB Bart Ring, who led DB in Spring Scrimmages. Bart has only taken a few snap this season, but he looked poised, not scared, and is a very fast QB.

DB's Defense is starting to take center stage. The Tribe Defense has given up a total of 49 points in 7 games. Oak Ridge got 20, Bearden 7, Sevier Co. 7 (a Defensive score), Elizabethton 6 (against the 4th string), South 6, Jeff. Co. 3, Tennessee High 0.

It's not just a 1 or 2 man Defense either... week in and week out, the Tribe is led by someone different. This is by far and away (do date mind you) statistically and performance wise, the best Defense in the Graham Clarks years.

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up!!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember that bud.

I think Clark had words of praise for him after that scrimmage. I think the offensive line may be the key. If they can give him time to think, he'll be ok. The lineup was changed for the Tn. High game. I think there were two new faces in the offensive line and they looked much better than in any other game this year. Does anybody know if the same guys were in at the Sevier Co. game?

Tyler Nunley and Alan Hinson started at the guards spots the last two weeks. Nunley, a Sr. was the starter at the beginning of the season, but had been playing reserve for the first few games. They both made a good transiton and have played well the last two weeks.

If it was me (and it's not)... I would save Sam McCord, try to get him 100% going into the Playoffs. Even if the news on Bo Burton is better than could have been hoped for, he needs a week or 2 (if no fracture) to heal up. Bart Ring took the bulk of the Spring Practice snaps at QB, I'd play #7 Bart Ring @ QB. I had no idea the Jo Jo Throp has practiced at QB... he's got athletic ability, it would not surprise me for #20 to be able to handle the offense.

DB's Defense is good enough to carry this team, they have done it for the most part all season. I would not risk a permanent Injury to Sam McCord for this game. Not making light of it, it is a Region game, but DB has a game to play with in Region play. One loss in Region play still gets the #1 Seed and Home Field Advantage for the Playoffs.

Whatever Graham Clark chooses to do, he knows best for this Indians Team, that's why he is the winningest Coach in DB History 130-27.

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up!!

If it was me (and it's not)... I would save Sam McCord, try to get him 100% going into the Playoffs.

I agree. Sam told my better half that he was going back in as receiver, not QB after the 1st injury. Her thinking, possibly incorrect even tho she is a RN, was that his shoulder needed less action than a QB gets so as to finish healing (normally a minimum of 4 weeks if the injury was as publicized). It was surprising to me that he went in as QB last game but I guess his doc must have turned him loose - yes it has been more than 4 weeks. But then he did get hurt pretty quickly again, didn't he? The young man needs to heal. And from what you're saying, if Sam heals, Bo is not as serious as feared, and Bart doesn't get hurt, we could end up with 2 or 3 good QBs going in to playoffs - if Bart is allowed time on the field. That would be a nice ace and now would be the time to try him out. I hope we go with Bart and see what happens.

I have no idea about Bo Burton's injury. But I do know that Sam McCord is hurting. I watched Friday night with his Dad, Mom and Grandparents 1 row below me, and I have never been more proud of an INDIAN in my life. He got nailed time and time again, and refused to come out of the game.

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up!!

This thread seems to be a little slow so ... I'll try to stir both sides of the pot - if that's possible, and duck.

To the DB team insiders, will the DB team mess up like two years ago and not take Karns seriously? I'm sure the coaches won't, but getting that across to the team could be difficult since most weren't there during that former "disaster".

To the Karns fans, any chance your team can get it together and beat the #1 team in the region? Is anybody there fired up or not - like 2 years ago? Any shaved heads promised? If you think we're bringing a QB who can't QB, best reconsider.

Is the trip to the game worth the $25 - $30 in gas it'll cost round trip?

BTW, last minute change - the DB band was originally not going (low on money) but (because a competion was canceled) it has now been decided to take the pep band. I'm sure the team will appreciate that change.