Huntingdon v. Gibson Co.

truth225

I believe that the overall record at the end of this year will be even when milan takes away yalls record of three straight state appearances. There were some bad calls in the game and you know it. But milan did make a bad call at the end of the game to pass the ball instead of pounding it twice in the in zone. So I will say I hope there is another game this year between the two teams so we can see if another team can handle Alcoa a little better!!!! :lol:

Edited by bulldawgfan

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know this is not the Milan-Huntingdon thread, but did any of you Mustang fans read the McKenzie Banner today quoting Coach Morris of Milan?

That article was from the Milan Mirrow Exchange printed in the Mckenzie Banner.

If I had made the calls Coach Morris did on offense, I sure wouldn't fuss about the penalties!

Edited by radioman27

It was an article reprinted from the Milan Mirror Exchange, it basically said that the refs beat them, Huntingdon didnt. Does Morris have a losing record to any other program? He is now 6-7 against Huntingdon.

Mustang69... I know what Morris said ticked alot of people off here in Huntingdon. He could have said Milan had their chances and had some calls go against them at crucial times but to blame it on the refs is "Bull". He lost the game because of poor play selection. He said he would have said that even if Milan had won the game.

I don't remember him taking that approach when Huntingdon got robbed in 1998 when Kidd fell flat on his face after he declared he was a set receiver on the line and Milan scores on that play. Kidd knew he screwed up and didn't even run out for the pass play.. Like you said I guess he was frustrated.

Someone from Milan said they liked their chances in a rematch. Guess what. Huntingdon likes their chances too. Why didn't he leave it at that and say "great game from both sides" like I'm saying now. Great game from both sides...

:lol:;)

He said that Huntingdons D-line was WEAK (especially up the middle). ;)

Nah, just gripping about holding calls and such. Frustration talking I suppose.

I will admit most ref's, umpires, and such are blind in one eye and cant see out the other though.

:lol:

yer pal,

mustang69

Milan will take the next matchup. Too strong. Anybody who says Coach Morris call at the goalline was stupid, think twice. Everyone in Carroll County knew Milan was about to pound it in. Why not throw it out in the flat play action style? Nobdoy on here would have doubted his call had Wells not dropped the ball. Would they? The guy was wide open..nobody within 15 yards of him. Yea, I have no doubt giving the ball to Coleman he would have scored. I dont have any doubts about that. Freak stuff happens especially when the ball slips out of the QB's hand. IMO, the Dawgs will be in the Buro' come December.

Edited by westtn2004state

Milan will take the next matchup. Too strong. Anybody who says Coach Morris call at the goalline was stupid, think twice. Everyone in Carroll County knew Milan was about to pound it in. Why not throw it out in the flat play action style? Nobdoy on here would have doubted his call had Wells not dropped the ball. Would they? The guy was wide open..nobody within 15 yards of him. Yea, I have no doubt giving the ball to Coleman he would have scored. I dont have any doubts about that. Freak stuff happens especially when the ball slips out of the QB's hand. IMO, the Dawgs will be in the Buro' come December.

OK one last thing on Milan-Huntingdon and I am done with it until/if a rematch.....Morris can cry and whine until the cows come home and it wont change anything about the last game. Huntingdon had the ball inside the 5 on three different occasions and came away with zip, some of that had to do with Milans D MOST of it had to do with our own shortcomings. Ya'll are welcome to your opinions but mine is still this......If both teams play up to their best potential Huntingdon is still two TD's better. Good luck Milan with the rest of your season (especially week 10) and we look forward to a return engagement. :lol: