Fulton at Knox Catholic

Flyguy2100

I dont think that Fulton is over looking Catholic. Fulton needs this game to stay in the hunt for a playoff spot. Why would they over look it. Look for Fulton to be ready for this game and to show some people that they can play with the big boys again this year.

2 time defending state champs means that the Fulton Falcons are the big boys. Catholic needs to show people that they can play with them. No one believed that Catholic could play with these teams, all the pre-season picks had them finishing 4th or 5th. For some reason people thought that D-II was weak because KCHS was winning. They still don't get any respect in their own home town. If they can some how pull out a victory on Friday, they can earn some respect.

Edited by ScottA11

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In order to get respect in this region, you must win it ALL. Win it all stands for the State Title. Ask AE and Fulton about the word RESPECT. AE has won this region for the last few years and they didn't gain respect but in 2001, they won respect.

Fulton didn't gain any respect until they won their 2nd title. It's all about winning the state in order to get the respect that's deserving.

Oh by they way, you can win the region all you want but you better be ready to win in the playoofs when it matter most.

I hate to say this but AE vs Fulton the last two years..

Let's GO AE!!!

Sorry buddy but I disagree with you! AE knew going into the game that Catholic would be the hardest team on their schedule.

However, you better realize AE isn't worried about Catholic nor is Catholic worried about AE. Why do you guys keep bringing that up? Fulton will be ready to knock Catholic off. They know it's a must win game!!!

by the way if AE wasnt overlooking Catholic why were there no fans at that game??????

everyone from AE expected AE to win

I did as well :)

WHY??? Any team that beats Smith Co., Anderson Co., Austin East, Livingston Academy, and Knoxville Webb in the same season is pretty dang good.

I will disagree on the prediction however ;)

WHY??? I think that the defending two-time state champs have played with a chip on their shoulder since that embarrassing loss to Alcoa. They drilled Boyd and beat a good Tyner bunch. I think they'll see this as their first big region game since dropping the two against AE and AC at the start of the season.

Fulton: 28

Knox. Catholic: 27

The champs are back from the dead and playing like a team that can three-peat this year ;)

We shall see, we shall see. If Fulton wins, it shakes up this region bigtime. Things that make you go hmmmmmmmm.......

In order to get respect in this region, you must win it ALL. Win it all stands for the State Title. Ask AE and Fulton about the word RESPECT. AE has won this region for the last few years and they didn't gain respect but in 2001, they won respect.

Fulton didn't gain any respect until they won their 2nd title. It's all about winning the state in order to get the respect that's deserving.

Oh by they way, you can win the region all you want but you better be ready to win in the playoofs when it matter most.

I hate to say this but AE vs Fulton the last two years..

Let's GO AE!!!

That's baloney, I've lived in this state for 16 years and A-E and Fulton get plenty of respect from all over the state. Bobby Snyder is one of the most RESPECTED basketball coaches in ths state and he never won a title in fact he only went to the state tournament once in his 45 year coaching career. There are programs all over Tennessee that have major clout and don't win titles. Dobbyns-Bennett, Oak Ridge, Years ago Jefferson City. You gain respect by winning games (big games)and playing hard. Besides the last two years A-E and Fulton should have been playing each other to go to state, look whose in the oppostie region.

Edited by ScottA11

That's baloney, I've lived in this state for 16 years and A-E and Fulton get plenty of respect from all over the state. Bobby Snyder is one of the most RESPECTED basketball coaches in ths state and he never won a title in fact he only went to the state tournament once in his 45 year coaching career. There are programs all over Tennessee that have major clout and don't win titles. Dobbyns-Bennett, Oak Ridge, Years ago Jefferson City. You gain respect by winning games (big games)and playing hard. Besides the last two years A-E and Fulton should have been playing each other to go to state, look whose in the oppostie region.

If you've lived in this state for 16 years, then you'll know how many state titles those schools you listed have. I don't usually agree with much that Turtle says, but he's right on about this. Fulton has played in the last 3 State Title games and noone (outside Knoxville) talked about them until last year. Catholic is obviously not only the team to beat in this region, but a major contender in AAA. Yet they only made it into the AP polls this week.

If you've lived in this state for 16 years, then you'll know how many state titles those schools you listed have. I don't usually agree with much that Turtle says, but he's right on about this. Fulton has played in the last 3 State Title games and noone (outside Knoxville) talked about them until last year. Catholic is obviously not only the team to beat in this region, but a major contender in AAA. Yet they only made it into the AP polls this week.

KCHS played for the state title two years ago and came within a yard of winning it against BGA. Besides I was refering to respect in their own town. Teams who do less get more respect than KCHS in Knoxville. And of the teams I mentioned (other than Fulton and A-E) the last state champion was Oak Ridge in the early 90's. People criticize the Irish for their schedule, and for playing in D-II. They have a good football team and when they win everyone makes excuses for why they lost except for Smith Co.

yes they did...but the falcons are still solid up front on defense...i think they will break out of there shell this week against the run and show people that we still are a force to reckon with...finally we are playing well and why would we overlook catholic? they are undefeated #1 in the region and #1 in the state in many peoples books...the falcons will be ready to play...

Hey FF06, haven't heard from you in awhile. I know this season wasn't what you were hoping for.

I gotta be honest man, I don't like your chances much Friday. Catholic is solid all over and very disciplined. It will take a team out-disciplining them to beat them. Or Catholic making mistakes....

I gotta root for both teams, because both have earned my respect over the last few years. I have a good family friend on Catholics side though, so they get the nod.

Irish 35

Fulton 21

You're talking about Basketball and we're talking about Football.

Scott, who made excuses because Catholic beat them? Not the Roadrunners! But the only excuse I would make on the AE vs Catholic game is that was the worst played offensive game they(AE) played. Also, Catholic only scored 1 offensive TD on them and the other scores came from the defense. But it's almost playoff time and that's when it matters most...

You're talking about Basketball and we're talking about Football.

Scott, who made excuses because Catholic beat them? Not the Roadrunners! But the only excuse I would make on the AE vs Catholic game is that was the worst played offensive game they(AE) played. Also, Catholic only scored 1 offensive TD on them and the other scores came from the defense. But it's almost playoff time and that's when it matters most...

No Turtle- read before you speak- I'm talking about football. That's why I said that Fulton has been in the last 3 State Title games. I think you'll remember them- they were all played exactly 2 weeks after Fulton ended your Roadrunners' seasons.

I have a question...OK so everyone was saying CATHOLIC would not be able to handle the schedual this year right? People were even making threads titled "Why catholic will lose in D1" and everyone got on that bus and rode on it saying catholic wont do good blah blah...In my opinion 7-0 is pretty darn good...and i havent seen but more than 5 posts about how CATHOLIC deserves some credit. My question is does everyone have something agaisnt a private school beating these public schools.

I also need to congratulate webb for having an awesome season so far and no one giving them credit on here. Sorry I cant post a score.