BEST HIGHSCHOOL FOOTBALL GAME OF THE YEAR

RHSRB10

Year in & year out, all classes considered... Maryville vs. Alcoa is the game to see (and has been for 70 years!)

Went to the Murvul-Alcoa game. Great crowd, great atmosphere, but not much of a game. And pretty much the same story all 3 times I have been to that game.

Tonight's game between Lake Co. and McKenzie is one of the best games in the state this year (if you like offense). McKenzie squeaked out a 54-53 win (regulation) as LC scored on the final play of the fourth quarter, went for two and got stopped short of the goal line. Ties for the highest-scoring game in the state this year, along with Ezell-Harding's 55-52 win over CPA two weeks ago. But that one went 4 OT's, this one was 107 points in regulation. There might have been some sure-enough records set if that thing had gone to OT.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest thedragon

I'm not saying all of these big schools shoudnt be the game of the year, but like BIGPOLKFAN said the Polk County Wildcats @ Notre Dame Fighting Irish in week 10 will be the game of the year in the south-east part of Tennessee by far. Region Championship easy team in Round 1, And it is beginning to be a big Rivalry.

Should be great, the one sided stands will be jam packed with both teams in the Top 10 in the State, both undefeated in Region play.

I heard CSS was going to carry it???If anyone knows holla back.