Who is the 5A Mr. Football

SS55

Ok, I have kept semi-quiet this year...here is consideration from LaVergne...

Offense:

Back: QB - ARod #6 - Last week has 399 yards alone.

Lineman: Center # 50 - Shotgun snaps & made every block this year. He is also only 5'9", 190#.

Defense:

Back: Big Bather #2 - 2 INT for TD this year.

Lineman (LB): #10 - Leading tackler & at 5'11", 175#, willing to hit anybody.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gulmire yes, but McDade? He is very good and I don't want to take anything away from his very good season, but there are other linemen who are D1 candidates who are having equally good years.

McDade would be a surprise.

That's why I put his name out, to get some discussion out on the subject. I did put some stats out on him for his consideration and no one else has yet put out stats on anybody. If a player mention is on your team, put some stats out on them.

Gulmire yes, but McDade? He is very good and I don't want to take anything away from his very good season, but there are other linemen who are D1 candidates who are having equally good years.

McDade would be a surprise.

Who is having a year like McDade? I'm not arguing, I just want want to know.

You have to consider the kind of impacts the players are having on their teams. McDade is probably their offensive and defensive MVP. I know that Woods and Caldwell have had better years on offense, but he's a key blocker for Caldwell and he really opens up the passing game for Woods.

If you throw out all the names of the "D1 canididates" and go strictly on stats, McDade would definatly be near the top of the Mr. 5A list.

Edited by hwfox4vols