Best in the West

gobigred07

Obviously someone needs to do their homework before they rattle off. Since its obvious you haven't been to a Westview game lately they have Guy HB only, Josh Williams and Matthew Tucker who play both HB and FB. You can ask Gibson County that Tucker is a pretty solin sophmore running back. To me they have more than one go to guy from what i have seen this year.

The only player you have ever heard about from Westview is Guy!!

Williams & Tucker never heard of them!! Getting no press????

When they lost their first game it was said that Guy being hurt was

the reason for the lost???

Edited by BigRedTiger

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Howard was injured that week. The Crusaders were forced to play other folks. PRAY that the crusaders do not meet you in the quarterfinals. That is a battle that you do not want!

Your RB (Howard) was not injured that week he just got his

BUTT TAGGED by a very good defense!!! What about your

other RB's????

Why should we be worry about your little crusader team????

We have beat your guys the last two years in a row and on YOUR

football field the last two years!!! :(

And tell those two clowns that call your football games on the radio to

stop talking about playing Lexington again!! You had your chance and choked!! Example: "Sure wish we could

play the TIGERS again, we would beat them "now". Everyone is finding that

crazy talk very funning and very sad!!!! :(

• 2 weeks later...

I think that Williams and Guy at Westview are the best combination. Guy probably has more talent than anyone in West Tennessee. It he was around 5-11, he could probably pick any D-1 school he wanted to go to. Although he is small, Guy is a tough runner who can cut better than anyone I've seen in a long time. Williams is a tough runner. Weathers and Donald are up there too. Weathers is quick and evasive. Donald is just bigger than most of the lineman and stronger than most of the linebackers. All four are probably the top backs in West Tennessee.

----->Who's the Best in the West.....Lexington Big Red Tigers!!

WHY??

Start Smith at QB...then switch him to WR?

-or-

Start Threadgill at QB...then switch him to WR?

-or-

Start both Smith and Threadgill at QB and/or WR!

-or-

Start Buckley at RB or WR?

-or-

Start Deberry at FB or RB?

-or-

Start Booth at TE or FB?

-or-

???????

Unlike many backfields (Chester Co, Liberty, Hardin Co, Humboldt, Westview, McKenize, just to name a few) that only have one "go-to-player" each week Lexington has been VERY blessed they have 4 or 5 players every Friday night

that go get the win for Tigers!!

The Big Red backfield is LOADED and is a lot FUN to watch each week :thumb:

Good point I believe that lexington is gonna go pretty far in this years playoffs

Lake co. backfield has to be considered one of the best with Springer 1,004 yards and 21TDs, Yancy over 700 yards and 10 TDs,Mays 581 yards and 12 TDs along with Lemonds 500+ yards and 7 TDs. The Falcons average 325 yards a game on the ground which is pretty impressive.

Lake County??? Ha! You guys got handled by Fayette Academy..... Don't mention that backfield ever again..... Just don't do it...... You are humiliating yourself.....A good backfield doesn't get beat by Fayette Academy....I'm sorry dude.... Think of someone like Lexington, Huntingdon, or maybe even Westview, but don't put Lake County in the same breath as these teams from now on out......

i disagree just because a team losses doesnt me they dont have one of the best running games...gibson county's antone cunningham had a great sophomore year and gibson went 4-6 doesnt mean antone isnt one of the best

That is all that they had......Yeah i could line someone up and hand the ball to them every time, and yes they would accumulate a whole lot of yards like Cunningham did.... Great year, not taking anything away from him.....But don't tell me one of the best backfields is going to get beat first round in the playoffs to FA.... How many yards did the Gibson County quarterback account for....Not many.....Their game was Cunningham,,, and like I said if that is your game,,,, yes you are going to rack up some yards,,,,,, I'm sorry, but don't tell me that Lake County or Gibson County has one of the best backfields around.....

Gibson County Best Backfield Around??? maybe, the duo of Jon Roberts and Antone Cunningham was massive. Who stopped Jon from runnin a 3@2 dive for a 8 yard gain abliterating a linebacker and a safety before he trips over a lifeless body? Who caught Antone around the end when he broke off from massive 73 Ward's backside? NOBODY!!!! There were 60 - 80 yard runs off of that mammoth. To catch Antone was to say you caught LaDanian Tomlinson and not many can say that. Mark Hauke's 20 + average on 30 or so catches do you call that all running game? Don't think so.

Gibson County Best Backfield Around??? maybe, the duo of Jon Roberts and Antone Cunningham was massive. Who stopped Jon from runnin a 3@2 dive for a 8 yard gain abliterating a linebacker and a safety before he trips over a lifeless body? Who caught Antone around the end when he broke off from massive 73 Ward's backside? NOBODY!!!! There were 60 - 80 yard runs off of that mammoth. To catch Antone was to say you caught LaDanian Tomlinson and not many can say that. Mark Hauke's 20 + average on 30 or so catches do you call that all running game? Don't think so.

Are you comparing Cunningham to Ladanian Tomlinson????? Give me a break dude!!!! ;)