Clinton vs West

Beagleboy

I know Clinton Middle played Alcoa Middle this year and shut them out. Years before Clinton Middle has played, Kingston, Rockwood, Cherokee, alot of teams like that and 1 year Clinton Middle played the Carter Freshman team and lost to them in triple OT. I think what happens is that alot of the players come from the middle school and play other sports or just dont really want to call themselves a part of Clinton High School football and just dont play and over the years a couple more players quit and a couple more quit and then that class that started out good as freshmen has gotten alot smaller and the senior class has only about 10 players in it.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clinton High School will not win again this season. Losing is like a snowball going down hill. Once it starts rolling its hard to slow it down and then the players get tired of it and they quit. Look at Campbell County, for years no kid up there worth anything wanted to be associated with that program. I think Clinton is now the new Campbell County, where losing comes natural.

Clinton High School will not win again this season. Losing is like a snowball going down hill. Once it starts rolling its hard to slow it down and then the players get tired of it and they quit. Look at Campbell County, for years no kid up there worth anything wanted to be associated with that program. I think Clinton is now the new Campbell County, where losing comes natural.

you are completely wrong about Campbell County...true, many good players left teh program to go elsewhere, but several did not...those good players who stayed did not have teh suporting cast that they needed to have a winning team at CC...any kid who stayed at CC instead of runnign away from their former friends and teammates shoudl be considered a winner fo rnot giving up...