Pre Season Top 25

itzme

In the latest School Sports magazine, they came out with the first pre-season national top 25 that I've seen. Tennessee had two teams ranked... Bolivar at #17, and Mitchell at #22. Just to give you an idea, the only states placing two teams in the top 25 were California, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Tennessee. Pretty good company.

Congratulations to these two great programs!

Now lets consider....are these teams truly worthy of their ranking OR is it because or the stars on their team. Bolivar I believe so...Mitchell I'm not so sure. I realize both of these teams are really that good but Mitchell didn't even make it to state last year and they are in the top 25 NATIONALLY

come on now you know my boys at Bolivar are deserving, dont even be asking that! ;)

Mitchell is worthy of it too. they are the most talented team in the state hands down, even better than Bolivar, but they got a little too confident last year and overlooked a very good Haywood team in substate. ive also heard their coaching aint to hot but i dont really know anything about that. its good to see some TN teams getting respect on the national scene, especially my school.

Guest catfish-hunter

come on now you know my boys at Bolivar are deserving, dont even be asking that! :thumb:

Mitchell is worthy of it too. they are the most talented team in the state hands down, even better than Bolivar, but they got a little too confident last year and overlooked a very good Haywood team in substate. ive also heard their coaching aint to hot but i dont really know anything about that. its good to see some TN teams getting respect on the national scene, especially my school.

Mitchell may have great talent but they aren't even the 2nd best AA team in the state behind Bolivar. That honor in my opinion goes to LIBERTY.

Mitchell may have great talent but they aren't even the 2nd best AA team in the state behind Bolivar. That honor in my opinion goes to LIBERTY.

Mitchell has the talent to be ranked Nationally. I don't blame anyone ranking them here, based on a core team of Top 5 player Nationally Thaddeus Young, Florida-committ Brandon Powell, 6'7 Andre Thornton, 6'5 Najule Ervin, 6'5 Junile Ervin, Michael Cager, and Jarvis Jones... That's a loaded lineup...

Hawyood Co and Liberty will also be very, very good this year

Mitchell has the talent to be ranked Nationally. I don't blame anyone ranking them here, based on a core team of Top 5 player Nationally Thaddeus Young, Florida-committ Brandon Powell, 6'7 Andre Thornton, 6'5 Najule Ervin, 6'5 Junile Ervin, Michael Cager, and Jarvis Jones... That's a loaded lineup...

What does Mitchell have to show for all that talent they are seniors now with no state tournament apperance even when they where in class A they still missed out on the boro trip a good team will beat them every time not to mention out coach them those guys just run up and down the floor

Edited by BIGWEBB

What does Mitchell have to show for all that talent they are seniors now with no state tournament apperance even when they where in class A they still missed out on the boro trip a good team will beat them every time not to mention out coach them those guys just run up and down the floor

Can u imagine what a coach like Rudisiell could do with a group like that Bolivar may not be the 17 most talented team in the country but it is definetly one of the best coached he finds the pieces to put with his superstars that just make the team work still wouldnt count Mitchell they are talented and big should be just about everybody crossing my fingers to see a Bolivar Mitchell matchup at the Boro

And with all these teams in AA, I think AA could give AAA a run for their money if there was just one state champion. Sounds like just about all the top teams this year in TN are in AA.