State Playoffs 5a

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tell me why not? I saw Ravenwood last week and Brentwood two days ago. If the two meet again there's no reason why Brentwood wouldn't win that game. I'm not saying they WILL, simply because it is not so as of now. However, to think they CANNOT make it that far is plain ignorance.

I believe that Brentwood does have a chance to make it that far, but Ravenwood definately has the better team this year, and SHOULD make it farther...But then again, thats why we play the game...You never know

I didn't say they CAN'T...I just don't think they will. Personally, I think this may be R'wood's year to make a run, but the region 6 people better be careful. The 4 teams on top of region 5 can beat anybody in region 6 and vice versa. I think that 8 team tourney for the semis could be real interesting this year. I don't think any of the 8 are head and shoulders above the rest. Franklin made the run last year and Antioch should have beaten them in the 1st rd.

Should have, could have, would have, blah blah blah......

I personally think region 5-5A is having a bit of a down year. When the playoffs come around, their 2, 3, and 4 seeds will some very dangerous and balanced offenses. I expect to see 3 Region 6-5A teams advance, as well as the winner of Region 5-5A.

Antioch whipped FHS last year and FHS scored on a pass that they wouldn't complete against air but about 1 out of 10 times. Not to take anything away from FHS and Coach Johnson, what they did in the playoffs was amazing, but I thought Antioch was the better team that night. This year, I've seen all of the top four from each region except Dickson Co. and I think the parity is greater this year. I really think the semifinalist will be from region 5 this year. Overton is outstanding defensively and they seem to have found their offense. If Antioch can come out and bust people in the mouth like they did on TV Friday night...look out. Gallatin is good on both sides and McGavock is probably the most talented of the seven I've seen. Not to take anything away from what region 6 did last year, but that, in my opinion, won't happen again.