Temple V. Copper Basin

vols2422

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If temple comes out thinking they will roll over copper basin- they are retarded- Temple cannot stop the run- every game they have lost the team has run all over them- Copper won't be able to stop temple either- but if temple doesn't play some defense it could be very dissapointing...

There have been some other good ones too. Chris Ferrell was a very good one. Probably the best passing quarterback South Pittsburg has ever had. Lance Wheaton for Midway was a good one and Greg Ryan for Greenback was another.

To put those two from Boyd in this is ridiculous. Will Healy was good, but not good enough to be mentioned with some of the QB's from the past that have played at SP. Chris Ferrell was a great all around QB and SP has had several others as well - Marcus Reynolds, Tim Starkey, and Ron Ridley. Don't forget that SP plays Marion every year and they had some pretty good QB's in the early 80's and early 90's - DeWayne Walters, Ray Fowler, Brian Barton, Shane Thomasson, Scott Stevens, and Josh Dobson. Walters, Barton, and Thomasson all played college baseball, while Stevens played football at Cumberland Univ. and Dobson at Carson Newman. Chris Ferrell was the starting QB at Lambuth University in the late 80's early 90's. Tim Starkey played DB at Tennessee Tech....not sure about the other two....

To put those two from Boyd in this is ridiculous. Will Healy was good, but not good enough to be mentioned with some of the QB's from the past that have played at SP. Chris Ferrell was a great all around QB and SP has had several others as well - Marcus Reynolds, Tim Starkey, and Ron Ridley. Don't forget that SP plays Marion every year and they had some pretty good QB's in the early 80's and early 90's - DeWayne Walters, Ray Fowler, Brian Barton, Shane Thomasson, Scott Stevens, and Josh Dobson. Walters, Barton, and Thomasson all played college baseball, while Stevens played football at Cumberland Univ. and Dobson at Carson Newman. Chris Ferrell was the starting QB at Lambuth University in the late 80's early 90's. Tim Starkey played DB at Tennessee Tech....not sure about the other two....

All the above are good players, but the two best to ever play at Beene Stadium were back in the early seventies. David Coates of Bridgeport, AL (Ole Miss) and Kippy Brown of Sweetwater (Memphis and later a UT and NFL assistant coach) were absolute studs. Ask anyone who was around or played during this era and they will probably agree.

All the above are good players, but the two best to ever play at Beene Stadium were back in the early seventies. David Coates of Bridgeport, AL (Ole Miss) and Kippy Brown of Sweetwater (Memphis and later a UT and NFL assistant coach) were absolute studs. Ask anyone who was around or played during this era and they will probably agree.

You can put Brian Stewart in there with them too. I was around in those days so I know exactly where your coming from. I basically was talking about Temple's QB being a great QB. Before I saw him play I didn't have any respect for him,but I do now. Not many high school QB's can be on the run and throw a ball like a dart 65-70 yards. Those you mentioned could do the same. Good to talk with some of the older generation. By the way Temple by 28!!!!

If Temple plays like they did last week (or if they improve even more than last week's performance) then they will win by 3 or 4 touchdowns... Obviously they can be beaten, but I predict Temple winning by 2 touchdowns. I hope you guys play to the best of your abilities tomorrow night! I pray God will protect every player (temple and C.B.) from any injuries...that's the last thing temple needs right now...Play hard and do well on defense. Maybe this will be the night that temple's defense starts clicking. I know they can make it work. They have great coaches and kids with big hearts. :thumb:

If I am not mistaken, South Pittsburg used to scrimmage Cookeville back in those days as well. Cookeville had Watson and Mack Brown at that time. I may be wrong. I know there have been several great QB's to play there and the boys from Boyd are far from the top of the list.....