Forrest Vs. Eagleville

0u812

i am a starting DE and OT for jo byrns and this is what i think due to experience. everyone is screaming about stegall's speed and he is fast but only in a straight line. when we played them we just strung all of the sweep type plays out and stegall just ran out of bounds. he is scared to cut back because he doesn't want to get hit. whether that is because of us or his usual gameplay i don't know. i do agree with some of the earlier post in that johnson needs a 3peat and that a high scoring game will benefit eagleville and a lowscoring game will benefit forrest. now lets go to johnson. johnson did 1000 times better against us than stegall did. johnson had 2 big breakout plays that he made all by himself. stegall can't even dream about that. if forrest's defense covers the field stegall will be shut down you can't give him the corner he is just to fast. as far as the score goes i have no idea. eagleville will rule the air and forrest will rule the ground it could go both ways. good luck to both teams... :thumb:

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You beat me to it 8ManFront. Our secondary is doing a superb job. White Heritage had a little over a hundred yds passing last week but the secondary did a good job of keeping the receivers in front of them except on one play and I think it was a mix up with one of the linebackers. I believe Derrick Powell has 6 interceptions for the season. Great job secondary.

the week b4 yall heritage played Jo Byrns and they only had 76 total yards most on the B team so how u gonna say they had ova one hundred yards passin, they completed 1 pass for about 3 yards.

Anyways Eaglevilles secondary is descent but Jo Byrns did pass on it, but they have passed w/ ease (except maybe east) against every secondary they played all year. So that doesnt mean they are bad cuz we passed on Forrest too. I think that Eaglevilles linebackers are really good and if they can keep johnson between the tackles then they can contain him.

Eagleville wins in a very close game.

Steagall is a terrible back, he does'nt run hard or make good cuts and he is really not that fast. And you are right he does'nt like to get hit. You cannot base how good Steagall is on one game. If you don't think he can run hard and make cuts ask McEwen or Cascade, plus he catches the ball out of the backfield extremely well. He had over 200 yds rushing and receiving against McEwen and around 160 yds rushing against Cascade. Earlier in the year he struggled with some minor injuries[ankle sprain and light concussion.] He is playing well now, but yes he is still a wimp. YEAH RIGHT

40% CHANCE OF RAIN FRIDAY. What does that do for the forecast of the football game? Does the rain give the edge to the Rockets? What do you think 8manfront?

Forrest 13

Eagleville 12

I think you are right. Eagleville is dead if they can't throw the ball. Where Forrest is more of a run team who should not have a problem with the rain.

You beat me to it 8ManFront. Our secondary is doing a superb job. White Heritage had a little over a hundred yds passing last week but the secondary did a good job of keeping the receivers in front of them except on one play and I think it was a mix up with one of the linebackers. I believe Derrick Powell has 6 interceptions for the season. Great job secondary.

Well I think eaglvilles secondary is horrible.

good point. if heritage can pass for over 100 yards that means there secondary isn't that good. they havent thrown the ball for that many yards in 2 years. we are worried about our secondary all i was saying is that forrest should be able to pass on them, since heritage passed for over 100 yards.

Edited by titansbuck

The Rockets have several players with int's, Colin Henson had two last week. Devin O'Brien, Dominique Johnson, and John Skelton also have Int's. I'd have to go back and look at my stats to get others. I still say the Rockets in a close one. Go Rockets!!

O'brien has 1, Colin has 2, Johnson has 2,Skelton has 3, Todd has 1, Abrigo has 1

The Rockets have several players with int's, Colin Henson had two last week. Devin O'Brien, Dominique Johnson, and John Skelton also have Int's. I'd have to go back and look at my stats to get others. I still say the Rockets in a close one. Go Rockets!!

O'brien has 1, Colin has 2, Johnson has 2,Skelton has 3, Todd has 1, Abrigo has 1

What do you think 8manfront? Come on now I know you are reading this and you just are dying to run that mouth. Come on coach what about the chances of rain, how does this effect your gameplan? Tell you what don't respond cause it looks bad when a coach gets on here and makes a fool of himself!

We are scared to death, we know if it rains we do not have a chance. Forrest is a much better team in the rain. If we can not pass we do not have a chance. I'm sure our players believe that. You are right we can not rush the ball we are a pass only team. One good thing, I'm glad none of our players get on here and read this trash from people who do not look at the stats and the whole picture. The only person that gets on here regularly and talks about Eagleville Football is me an old fart, occasionally 8ManFront and another old guy from Riverdale. It seem to me the only people that run their mouth are from Forrest and other teams. I'm glad our guys are concentrating on the ball game. Oh yeah thankyou Forrest for the lovely black funeral wreath you sent to our school yesterday, we really appreciate it. We are looking forward to a great game Friday night, the tail gating will start early around 5:30 pm. GO EAGLES

Edited by goforthegoal

First of all, get out the hip waders, it's gettin deep in here. Second of all, the funeral wreath sounds like a Rhonda Holton trick to get her boys fired up. I'm sure she'd love to gloat over an Eagleville win. I've known her for years. It will be a good game no matter what the weather. No bragging from either side. The players both ways know it is going to be no picnic.

Keep it clean and play hard. Go Rockets!!

WHO SAID YOU DIDN'T HAVE A CHANCE IF IT RAINS? The question was what does this do for your gameplan. If anybody is starting something it is you goforthegoal my friend. Some stupid kid from forrest has got on here but i guess none of your boys read this crap. However they don't need to cause their coach is on here doing enough talking. As for the wreath, you got to be kidding me if you think forrest would do that. That is the oldest and lamest trick in the book a coach or principal could pull. :o

I have never talk bad about another team or their coaches or their players. Between you and Rocketfever2007 who most likely is a Jr. at Forrest, ya'll have challenged our our coach to be a fool and Rocketfever saids our secondary is horrible and on another thread he saids we stink. And yes he said we were dead in the water if it rained. These are just facts. It should be a well played game. Both teams are well coached. I am looking forward to coming to Chapel Hill, we have always received good hospitality their. I know our coaches are good freinds and talk with each other every week but this week. It should be a hard fought clean game. If you think I am trying to start something, I'm sorry that is not my intentions. I'm just a Dad who supports his son and his team. Oh yeah my son is #50 Aaron Fisher, C/DT. He is also the one who won the 225 weight class at your weight lifting competition. Yes I am a proud Dad, no desire to cause problems.