Greeneville Vs Morristown East

Devil10

East really let one get away last week against Cherokee. Rather than sitting at 4-1 in the region and a strong possibility of a playoff berth, they are now in a 3-way tie at 3-2.

Even though this game is in Morristown, the 'Canes, unfortunately, have not fared well at Burke-Toney stadium posting a 2-3 record (although two losses came against top-ten teams). At home, East is averaging 21 points a game; allowing 22.5, and have dropped their last 3 games in M'town. Greeneville, on the road, is 2-2, averaging 20 points a game, allowing just under 21 a game, and have won their last two. Looking at their common opponents (Cherokee, Cocke Co., West, and Volunteer), both offenses and defenses are very similar in terms of total points scored and allowed.

This should be a close game with a 4 point spread (24-20) and will depend entirely upon which 'Cane team shows up. If the one that played its heart out against West and Jeff shows up, East wins. Otherwise, it's wait until next year for Hurricane fans.

Predictions?

Unfortunately for East, Greeneville has something to prove this week after the loss to West last week. I always hope the Morristown teams win (unless they are playing each other, then it is always West), but i think Greeneville is going to come in on fire and will end up pulling this one out.

It is unfortunate for East that they have to face Greeneville after the loss to West. Greeneville will want to prove that they can beat a Morristown team and East is that team. If East plays as hard as a team as Ramsey plays as an individual they have a chance. However, after the disappointing loss to Cherokee, I do not think they will be up for Greeneville.

Again, Greeneville has something to prove and they will try to prove it against East.

we played a great game last night on both sides of the football ."D" played prob there best game they have all year. they played solid all 4 quarters the only td came off a blown coverage so they shouldnt have even scored on our defense.our special team played a great game also john allen kept them deep in there on territory and the recieving tema done a great job.on offense terral dockery tore it up. in my opinion he could be one of the top back in our confrence and he still has to more year. if he keeps up the progress he could be one of the best backs to come through east. passing game wasnt really there last night they had a great secondary, but with dockery running the ball like he is then i guees the passing game doesnt reallly have to be there al the time.

bigr35 how about that coaching last night ?