D2 State

mjuhb

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bye, Bye Baylor?

Pretty bold words from a Hutchison fan.

Remind me again about Hutchison's long soccer tradition and all of their accomplishments over the years. . .

. . . times up.

That's what I thought!

:lol: touchy, are we?!?

Maybe you didn't realize that it would be impossible for me to respond while you were typing? So before assuming I would have nothing to say, here's a thought.

Oklahoma has a great football tradition, which is nice and something to be proud of, but it means nothing in the current season. NOTHING!

FYI - St. Agnes is my team this year, though a Hutchison win wouldn't make me cry.

Edited by brownhut

I think the smartest thing Catholic and Notre Dame did was to go division 1. I think that the competition level (on a whole, some schools of course are exempt in this statement) is much harder in D2 on getting to state. I wonder if any other D2 schools will follow suit.

I will add an adendum, that this is from a total soccer perspective, and not taking any other sport into account.

:thumb: touchy, are we?!?

Maybe you didn't realize that it would be impossible for me to respond while you were typing? So before assuming I would have nothing to say, here's a thought.

Oklahoma has a great football tradition, which is nice and something to be proud of, but it means nothing in the current season. NOTHING!

FYI - St. Agnes is my team this year, though a Hutchison win wouldn't make me cry.

The analogy of Oklahoma football is pretty lame. Baylor has been in the finals for eight years in a row and won six. Maybe comparing the team to the present USC football team would be more appropriate, just a thought.

I think the smartest thing Catholic and Notre Dame did was to go division 1. I think that the competition level (on a whole, some schools of course are exempt in this statement) is much harder in D2 on getting to state. I wonder if any other D2 schools will follow suit.

I will add an adendum, that this is from a total soccer perspective, and not taking any other sport into account.

[/quote

Private schools like Catholic and Notre Dame can only enter the A/AA division if they elect to cease offering financial aid to students.