District 11 A

rhs#1fan

Richland played alot of freshmen last season, including point guard. Not much size but athletic, quick, and shooters. I watched alot of teams this summer, Cully and Richland are to me the top two teams.

District 11A Preseason Predictions

1.) Culleoka

2.) Richland

3.) Huntland

4.) Moore Co.

5.) C.A.

6.) Santa Fe

7.) Cornersville

The original 11A holds solid against the two newcomers!! :D

Its amazing that some of you are picking Richland who is just coming off of a 5 win season to finish near the top. I am a Titans fan but hey I'm smart enough to know that they stink right now, no way I would pick them near the top just because I'm a fan (Thats just wishful thinking). Now I have nothing against Richland I'm just stating the obvious. Now my picks in no particular order for the top 4 spots go: Culleoka who returns all of their team and have a year under Slaten will only be tougher. Huntland coming off of a region year and some good young talent will do well. CA coming into a new district returnig their core squad loaded w/ seniors should be near the top. Also M.C. almost beat Mt. Pleasant in the region last year is always tough. Those are my top four. Bottom dwellers are Santa Fe who lost most of what they had, Richland 5 total wins last year, Cornersville 3 total wins last year. Enough said..........

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its amazing that some of you are picking Richland who is just coming off of a 5 win season to finish near the top. I am a Titans fan but hey I'm smart enough to know that they stink right now, no way I would pick them near the top just because I'm a fan (Thats just wishful thinking). Now I have nothing against Richland I'm just stating the obvious. Now my picks in no particular order for the top 4 spots go: Culleoka who returns all of their team and have a year under Slaten will only be tougher. Huntland coming off of a region year and some good young talent will do well. CA coming into a new district returnig their core squad loaded w/ seniors should be near the top. Also M.C. almost beat Mt. Pleasant in the region last year is always tough. Those are my top four. Bottom dwellers are Santa Fe who lost most of what they had, Richland 5 total wins last year, Cornersville 3 total wins last year. Enough said..........

You have to remember too, that Richland had a new coach in Miller last season. All of his talent is buying into his system and these are not the Raiders of old, but a new an improved bunch that will win a whole lot more than 5 games this season.

Just remember who said it first!

The Raiders are coming!!

Here are my non-biased picks.

1. CA

2. Culleoka

3. Moore County

4. Huntland

5. Richland

6. Santa Fe

7. Cornersville

CA - I can't believe everyone isn't putting them at the top. They have a lot of speed and quickness. A core starting five that consist of being very quick and athletic. Post game will struggle some but they will make up for it with their speed on the outsides.

Culleoka - Don't know that much but they do have the mario kid and thats enough said in this district. The kid can make everyone around him much better.

Moore County - almost beat an upset state-bound team last year in MP. They always have a solid basketball team.

Huntland - very good on the outside and should be a upsetter this season.

Richland - I believe they have something to prove this season and will get it done. Another one who could upset some teams.

Santa Fe - Lost the big time players. They went through a period of athletes and couldn't produce anything. A very upsetting situation. Should've had a couple of state appearances but failed to achieve success. They will be going through a big drought the next several years.....bank on it.

Cornersville - Don't know much about them but they haven't proven to be better than last.

Honestly this district is pretty weak compared to teams like perry county, summertown, MP, Wayne County, and Perhaps ZCA. I don't see them having much success in FEB.

Ca lost Clint Shelby and Drew Earl... they get back Brent Hill, Markease, Brandon Heiclebach (sorry to butcher it), evan rector to name a few ... markease and Hill have the speed...rector a good shooter and brandon has good defense... those plus a few more had a bunch of varsity time last year and not to mention were in a much stronger district 12 .... Ca definitly top 3

Santa FE will come back strong like they always do. They have two new and very quick guards in Matt Clanton and Chase Thomason. Also they have two pretty experienced seniors in Roger Heginbottom and Daniel "chuckie" THomason. GOOD LUCK GUYS!

clanton and speed dont belong in the same sentence... especially if he is dribbling sorry clanton

Santa FE will come back strong like they always do. They have two new and very quick guards in Matt Clanton and Chase Thomason. Also they have two pretty experienced seniors in Roger Heginbottom and Daniel "chuckie" THomason. GOOD LUCK GUYS!

Where did the new guards come from? Or are they just now getting playing time do too graduation of others etc.

"Santa Fe - Lost the big time players. They went through a period of athletes and couldn't produce anything. A very upsetting situation. Should've had a couple of state appearances but failed to achieve success. They will be going through a big drought the next several years.....bank on it."

This is right on the money! Could not have been better said!

"very quick guards in Matt Clanton"

This is a joke! He is horrible!

I had no idea that Coach Miller and Ryan were related. Coach Miller is alot older than I thought. How did you find that out Sharpie 4014.

As I said before, sleep on the Richland Raiders all you want. These aren't the same ole sit back and watch Raiders... They are here to bring in a Championship!! Don't forget...Tourney's at Richland this year also!!!

Coach Miller will have this team ready to play!!

GO RICHLAND RAIDERS!!!

COACH MILLER - - COACH OF THE YEAR!!

Edited by rhs#1fan