Hampton Vs. Cloudland

RedwallOutcast

This should be one heck of a game,if cloudland keeps their cool they should be able to win in a close one,happy valley had alot of personal fouls because of a couple players couldnt keep their cool.if cloudland can contain townsend and tackle good or should i say better than they did at unaka,you better make sure you wrap up townsend cause he doesnt go down easy he's not only shifty he has good strength to go with it,if they can stop him then they will win if not then its hamptons ballgame.one thing ive noticed about townsend is he likes to get going outside then turn it back inside because of over pursuit by the defense he gets alot of big runs that way if cloudland can remedy that they should be ok.

Edited by cuda44069

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This should be one heck of a game,if cloudland keeps their cool they should be able to win in a close one,happy valley had alot of personal fouls because of a couple players couldnt keep their cool.if cloudland can contain townsend and tackle good or should i say better than they did at unaka,you better make sure you wrap up townsend cause he doesnt go down easy he's not only shifty he has good strength to go with it,if they can stop him then they will win if not then its hamptons ballgame.one thing ive noticed about townsend is he likes to get going outside then turn it back inside because of over pusuit by the defense he gets alot of big runs that way if cloudland can remedy that they should be ok.

I don't think Cloudland can keep their cool, I've heard all kinds of stories, even saying they are going to try to cheap shot Coach Lunsford. If they play stupid, it will turn into a rout. If Cloudland gets anyone ejected, forget the playoffs. Hampton will be there to win a football game and get homefield advantage.Cooler heads will prevail. On paper and all the polls says Cloudland is about a touchdown favorite. People talk about hate, its one sided, the only thing Hampton would hate is to lose the ballgame. I think hampton will be more composed on the sidelines, in the stands and on the football field. This will be the difference.

I don't think Cloudland can keep their cool, I've heard all kinds of stories, even saying they are going to try to cheap shot Coach Lunsford. If they play stupid, it will turn into a rout. If Cloudland gets anyone ejected, forget the playoffs. Hampton will be there to win a football game and get homefield advantage.Cooler heads will prevail. On paper and all the polls says Cloudland is about a touchdown favorite. People talk about hate, its one sided, the only thing Hampton would hate is to lose the ballgame. I think hampton will be more composed on the sidelines, in the stands and on the football field. This will be the difference.

I totally agree pujo. I believe that any hatred would come from Clouodland, because they wouldn't want the lime light stolen (actually earned) from them. I have also heard that if the game got out of hand, Hampton's way, cheap shots would start taking place. I only hope that coach Keith watches for this, I respect him alot for what he has brought back to the program and would hate to see it get ugly. Hampton and Cloudland both have a chance to show what Northeast TN Football is about to hte rest of the state, would hate to see it marred.

I am also glad that Cloudland is the favorite, only more fuel for our boys. Alot of the press picked Happy Valley to win too. All I can say is play hard and play smart and everyting will turn into one heck of a ballgame.

I havent heard any rumors like that pujo,i dont think they would be that stupid.everyone needs to just get over the lunsford deal he is at hampton now so let it be cloudland can still win ballgames without him coach keith is doing a good job i do think they need to add a few more offensive plays though they still sometimes remind me of john orr teams of the past,good defense but not enough offense especially in critical situations calling the same play over and over wont get it done.as far as your brother goes i think jealousy is the biggest problem with a select few people who like to just start rumors he still has alot of friends in roan mtn.love him or hate him the fact remains that cloudland became other teams nightmares while he was there cloudland is the only team in northeast tn. that i can remember going to play for a state championship who knows he might end up back at cloudland one of these days

Edited by cuda44069

I havent heard any rumors like that pujo,i dont think they would be that stupid.everyone needs to just get over the lunsford deal he is at hampton now so let it be cloudland can still win ballgames without him coach keith is doing a good job i think they need to add a few more plays to their offense though they still remind me of john orr teams of the past sometimes,good defense but not enough offense especially in critical situations.as far as your brother goes i think jealousy is the biggest problem with a select few people who like to just start rumors he still has alot of friends in roan mtn.love him or hate him the fact remains that cloudland became other teams nightmares while he was there.who knows he might end up back at cloudland one of these days

Great post Cuda, jealousy and hatred will destroy you. You are also right Mike has tons of friends and alot of respect in Roan Mt. I koow alot of little talented kids who would like to play for him. I know two that will regardless. One of them's name is LANDER.

Hey I heard you guys are playing thursday , is this true? if so i think i might make the 2 hour drive to see this one. Hampton fans hate me for it but i still give the nod to cloudland , but would like to be prooved wrong. if it was at hampton i may think otherwise , but it is hard to win at cloudland. This should be a great , hard hitting game cloudland has a great rushing attack while hampton may have the best run defense in 1a #54 and #47 are two of the best linebackers ive seen at this level in some time. whichever team develoopes some type of passing game may take this one. Have a great game guys and i agree with dropping the lunsford hate he is a great coach and a good guy dont hate just because hes at your rival school now. good luck both teams ;)

Hey I heard you guys are playing thursday , is this true? if so i think i might make the 2 hour drive to see this one. Hampton fans hate me for it but i still give the nod to cloudland , but would like to be prooved wrong. if it was at hampton i may think otherwise , but it is hard to win at cloudland. This should be a great , hard hitting game cloudland has a great rushing attack while hampton may have the best run defense in 1a #54 and #47 are two of the best linebackers ive seen at this level in some time. whichever team develoopes some type of passing game may take this one. Have a great game guys and i agree with dropping the lunsford hate he is a great coach and a good guy dont hate just because hes at your rival school now. good luck both teams ;)

It would be worth a two hour drive, this game will have more electricity than a UT game. The atmosphere will be unbelievable.This one will stand your hair up. I don't think this game will be as close as people think, I won't even say who I think will win, but my perdiction is somewhere around 28 to 0.

THERE HAS BEEN NO TALK ABOUT ANYTHING PUJO SAID ABOUT OUR BOYS THEY WON'T GO AS LOW AS THROWING CHEAP SHOTS I THINK THAT SOME OF THE HAMPTON PLAYERS SHOULD BE WATCHED FOR THAT. DON'T BE DOWNING ANY KID FOR SOME RUMOR THAT YOU OR SOMEBODY ELSE STARTS THAT'S NOT THE TRUTH YOU ARE JUST TRYING TO MAKE CLOUDLAND LOOK BAD SO WHEN YOU LOSE YOU CAN COME BACK AND TALK ABOUT THE SO CALLED CHEAP SHOTS. DON'T DOWN OUR BOYS THEY PLAY THEIR HEARTS OUT AND KNOW HOW TO PLAY DON'T GET NERVOUS AND START TRYING TO MAKE THEM LOOK BAD FOR BEING A GOOD FOOTBALL TEAM, THAT'S LOW DOWN IF YOU ASK MY OPINION GOOD LUCK TO BOTH TEAMS BUT CLOUDLAND WILL PREVAIL.

THERE HAS BEEN NO TALK ABOUT ANYTHING PUJO SAID ABOUT OUR BOYS THEY WON'T GO AS LOW AS THROWING CHEAP SHOTS I THINK THAT SOME OF THE HAMPTON PLAYERS SHOULD BE WATCHED FOR THAT. DON'T BE DOWNING ANY KID FOR SOME RUMOR THAT YOU OR SOMEBODY ELSE STARTS THAT'S NOT THE TRUTH YOU ARE JUST TRYING TO MAKE CLOUDLAND LOOK BAD SO WHEN YOU LOSE YOU CAN COME BACK AND TALK ABOUT THE SO CALLED CHEAP SHOTS. DON'T DOWN OUR BOYS THEY PLAY THEIR HEARTS OUT AND KNOW HOW TO PLAY DON'T GET NERVOUS AND START TRYING TO MAKE THEM LOOK BAD FOR BEING A GOOD FOOTBALL TEAM, THAT'S LOW DOWN IF YOU ASK MY OPINION GOOD LUCK TO BOTH TEAMS BUT CLOUDLAND WILL PREVAIL.

There has been talk. I don't sit around and dream up lies. Do you supose it would be possible for some of these kids to have said things when you were not around. I.m definately not trying to find any excuses for anything. If Cloudland wins,it will have nothing to do with cheap shots. That would be something to make their chances alot less. They penalize you for that stuff. I,d say the coaches will have both squads under control. Just a good hard hitting game.