Hampton Vs. Cloudland

RedwallOutcast

It is a big game if you are a Cloudland / Hampton fan and a big game for upper Carter County. Seems as if the adults are trying to take over the game. That won't happen. It will still be played on the field.

Both teams have several "yard chewing" threats, with the best of them being 'PacMan' Townsend, who spearheads Hampton's offense. If he is somewhat contained, then Cloudland could be in the driver's seat. On the other side, Cloudland seems to have more potential "yd. chewing" threats. I think it will come down to which defense can hold the other down. Yes, defense will win this game for someone.

Enjoy your BIG GAME and I hope that the adults don't ruin it for two fine East TN. 1A teams. With all of the "talk", remember that the young men are athletes trying to do the best for their respective communities and schools. I'm sure there will be a "bad hit" or two, or three, but that happens in every game. Just don't let that stuff get out of hand on the field and maybe the adults can 'contain themselves'.

ENJOY........but 99.5% of the area adults will attend thier schools games. :D

Officiating will be a big key, need to set the tone early and keep things under control. One thing that could have solved alot of problems, would be trading sidelines. Hampton wanted to be on the other sidelines ,away from the croud, Cloudland declined. The croud could cause Cloudland problems if not dealt with correctly.I think nearly everyone just wants to see a good clean ballgame. I think about anything could be the difference in this game, a big pass, interception, turnovers,penalties or it could just be dominated by one team or the other. Whatever the case, people should get their money,s worth.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hampton faced the best passing team in this area last week. The Caldwell kid from Happy Valley has over 2000 yards passing.

All I know is that we threw the ball on Hampton and Cloudland knows how to throw.

The respect won't come, It will only bashing and dumb stuff. Just like Cloudland was for so long, the most hated team around. Good teams are always hated. Don't you love it.

I want Hampton to win. I hate the people from Cloudland. After the Hampton game... It was the first time I actually talked to people from the other team.

All I know is that we threw the ball on Hampton and Cloudland knows how to throw.

I want Hampton to win. I hate the people from Cloudland. After the Hampton game... It was the first time I actually talked to people from the other team.

Jellico didn.t see Hampton,s varsity but the first two series. Halfback had 3 carries ,fullback had 5. The line played some more. J C lets up quicker than anyone I,ve ever seen. One of the strangest things I,ve saw all year, Hampton jumped on one of the teams real early, he had the third team defence in and the other team got like a 30 yard run, they called holding on the other team and J C declined the penalty. It was still in the first half. Thats one reason people don't think Hamptons defence is all that great, the varsity has only surrendered 43 points all season. Thats like 4 points a game. Hamptons defence may be their strongest suit, highly underrated.

Jellico didn.t see Hampton,s varsity but the first two series. Halfback had 3 carries ,fullback had 5. The line played some more. J C lets up quicker than anyone I,ve ever seen. One of the strangest things I,ve saw all year, Hampton jumped on one of the teams real early, he had the third team defence in and the other team got like a 30 yard run, they called holding on the other team and J C declined the penalty. It was still in the first half. Thats one reason people don't think Hamptons defence is all that great, the varsity has only surrendered 43 points all season. Thats like 4 points a game. Hamptons defence may be their strongest suit, highly underrated.

I played for both JC and Dog White

@ HHS and they have always been more about sportsmanship than anything they always say were gonna have to play these guys again one day and have never wanted to run up the score on anyone.Hampton and cloudland has always been the hardest hitting game of the year and this one wont be any different but its always been clean both these teams have alot of pride and class and ill be surprised if their is cheap shots on the field my concern is in the stands I just hope the adults will stay calm and let the kids enjoy this special night in carter county football. GO DOGS!!!!!!!

First of all i Registered today because i feel SO STRONG about this game and to reply to some things that are kind of discouraging me.....I haven't been to a game for this whole year but u better believe i am going to be there on HIGHLANDER HILL cheering for the highlanders and hoping Mike Lunsford dosent get another win.....wow i cant tell you how well i will feel tonight after i see him lose. well why do i feel this way.. for one i have played for him (1999-2003) (State runner up) (Not a great title.....for me) and well i have grown a disliking of this fellow..wow what a great coach but as a Person well you just have to play for him and see the things he will do to accomplish his goals...well thats how i feel....all i can say to you Hampton dont get down or he will hang his head and accept your loss like it has happend before hey believe me i have been there and done that.....watch ezell and boyd and u will see him tuck his tail......Good Luck To Hampton...Minus Mike :rolleyes:

First of all i Registered today because i feel SO STRONG about this game and to reply to some things that are kind of discouraging me.....I haven't been to a game for this whole year but u better believe i am going to be there on HIGHLANDER HILL cheering for the highlanders and hoping Mike Lunsford dosent get another win.....wow i cant tell you how well i will feel tonight after i see him lose. well why do i feel this way.. for one i have played for him (1999-2003) (State runner up) (Not a great title.....for me) and well i have grown a disliking of this fellow..wow what a great coach but as a Person well you just have to play for him and see the things he will do to accomplish his goals...well thats how i feel....all i can say to you Hampton dont get down or he will hang his head and accept your loss like it has happend before hey believe me i have been there and done that.....watch ezell and boyd and u will see him tuck his tail......Good Luck To Hampton...Minus Mike :rolleyes:

What did he do to you?

Now Cloudland people,where does all the trash talking really come from. There have been posts after post Degrading the best coach in Highlander history. Don't even try to question his charactor, This man will help a total stranger in a heartbeat. He is hardnosed but he,s also one of the most caring people we will ever know.

he is hard nosed and he made us tougher than most. Like I said he is one of the best coaches around. No dbout about it. You are his brother..being a lunsford yourself it's ok to take care of your bro. Im not Questioning his character im stating the degree of his character. Dont belive me, you cannot hurt my feelings.. it's the truth and its in the air in roan mountain ask ANY former player or perhaps some of their parents... I speak for my former colleages and oh yes we have many memories to recognize......i will never forget..

this is off my mind and that is all i have to say...i will feel miserable till the game is over tonight...

Well, I have sat here and watched this board as long as I can without posting.

I for one am looking forward to the game tonight with great anticipation. But, I hope that we adults can act like adults and let these young men play this game with the respect that they deserve, and I mean on both sides. This is a ballgame and someone will win and someone will lose, but let these guys go away with their heads held high and not embarrassed by the way the fans acted.

I hope that Cloudland will play their hearts out in order to come out with a win against Hampton and not Mike Lunsford. There may be hard feelings with some people but we need to put that behind us. We also need to remember that there are those of us who still call the Lunsfords friends and that has not changed and it hurts to get on here and see the things that are being said.

GOOD LUCK TO BOTH TEAMS TONIGHT. I HOPE YOU COME OUT FIGHTING AND END UP SHAKING HANDS WITH EVERY HEAD HELD HIGH KNOWING THAT YOU DID YOUR BEST.

Well, I have sat here and watched this board as long as I can without posting.

I for one am looking forward to the game tonight with great anticipation. But, I hope that we adults can act like adults and let these young men play this game with the respect that they deserve, and I mean on both sides. This is a ballgame and someone will win and someone will lose, but let these guys go away with their heads held high and not embarrassed by the way the fans acted.

I hope that Cloudland will play their hearts out in order to come out with a win against Hampton and not Mike Lunsford. There may be hard feelings with some people but we need to put that behind us. We also need to remember that there are those of us who still call the Lunsfords friends and that has not changed and it hurts to get on here and see the things that are being said.

GOOD LUCK TO BOTH TEAMS TONIGHT. I HOPE YOU COME OUT FIGHTING AND END UP SHAKING HANDS WITH EVERY HEAD HELD HIGH KNOWING THAT YOU DID YOUR BEST.

GREAT POST