Siegel Vs Blackman

JohnBoy74

Guest didyouseethatmessDANG

Alot of people don't like Siegel because of their attitudes off the field/court. Others just simply don't like the way they play sports.

great reasons. :lol:

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally see the stuck up attitude more at Siegel Middle than I do at the high school and its not really the students it's the parents

AGREED...part of that comes from the..."We live in Breckenridge so we are better than you" attitude, same can be applied for a couple of other neighborhoods where the parents are like that. It doesn't carry over to students but I can't stand the parents like that and I know there are some.

AGREED...part of that comes from the..."We live in Breckenridge so we are better than you" attitude, same can be applied for a couple of other neighborhoods where the parents are like that. It doesn't carry over to students but I can't stand the parents like that and I know there are some.

Siegel has their fair share of poor sports and people who think their better than everybody else, etc, but so does every school in Rutherford County. Wasnt too long ago that Oakland had the same rep in all sports ( in the 80's and 90's ) that Siegel now has. I dont know about you guys, but as a Oakland alum id kill to have the support they show for their teams, stuck up or not. Oakland has won 20 games in bball for 15 season in a row, but cant get anybody to show up unless they play a boro school. The girls team couldnt even pack the gym for their sub-state game last season and that is arguable the best team in school history. These folks like Fball just cant stand Siegel because they have pride in their school and they have had success doing as much. I say major props to Siegel, they have something special at their school and they should boast about it

Oakland has nothing to cheer about that is for sure. Maybe that is why you are posting in support of Siegel instead of backing up your "own" team? There is an Oakland thread but you never post in 'support' of them? Because they are no good. Then you talk about fans not cheering on the school? So maybe you should change your user name to "oaklandgradwhojumpedonthesiegeltrain"!

Im posting in support of Siegel because they receive unfair criticism in all sports, not just football. Strange how you are so quick to talk oakland down, yet nobody knows who your team is? True, I havent posted on the last few Oakland threads, but I still support them, posting on a board isnt the only way to show your support. The Siegel Nation is one of the best things that has ever happened to high school athletics in the boro, because it forced the other schools to try to step it up

Edited by OaklandGrad

Im posting in support of Siegel because they receive unfair criticism in all sports, not just football. Strange how you are so quick to talk oakland down, yet nobody knows who your team is? True, I havent posted on the last few Oakland threads, but I still support them, posting on a board isnt the only way to show your support. The Siegel Nation is one of the best things that has ever happened to high school athletics in the boro, because it forced the other schools to try to step it up

thank you.

I really could care less about the "Siegel Nation". Personally, I get a kick out of Siegel's student section. But noone in that section will play a snap on Friday night, so I dont know why everyone is making such a big deal about it on this thread.

And as for you people picking Blackman, have you not seen any of the past 9 games? Blackman is 0-9 for a reason guys, sure you can say they have had alot of injuries, and they have. Sure you can say that they just dont have much talent, and they dont. But the fact is they just arent very fundamentally sound in any aspect of the game. And that comes down to coaching. They dont do anything very well. They dont block well, they dont tackle well, they dont run the ball well, and they sure as heck cant throw the ball. They have run atleast 3 different offenses this season (wing-t, the-I, and now the shot-gun) Somebody please tell Coach Bobby Wells to pick an offense and stick with it. And in my personal opinion when you average losing about 90 yards per game because your center snaps the ball over your quarterbacks head about 5 times a game, I believe I would ditch the Shot-gun.

But the fact is Friday night is going to come down to coaching. And Siegel is just flat out better coached. Now I believe when Blackman is healthy they are a better team on paper, but the game isnt played on paper. And the fact is Blackman will put better athletes out there friday night, but because Siegel is better fundamentally and better coached they will win the game. They block and tackle better and thats where the game is won.

Blackman should of won against LaVergne last Friday, but I guess Coach Wells watched "The Longest Yard" before the game and thought the fake field goal play they ran on the movie was great. News Flash....Your not in Hollywood anymore. You kick the field goal and give your kids a chance to win a game that they played their butt off in. I sure hope he doesnt watch "Friday Night Lights" or "Varsity Blues" tonight and decides he can run the quarteback throw back pass 3 or 4 times Friday.

Well I have said what I needed to say. So I guess I will give a perdiction,

Siegel 35

Blackman 13

I really could care less about the "Siegel Nation". Personally, I get a kick out of Siegel's student section. But noone in that section will play a snap on Friday night, so I dont know why everyone is making such a big deal about it on this thread.

And as for you people picking Blackman, have you not seen any of the past 9 games? Blackman is 0-9 for a reason guys, sure you can say they have had alot of injuries, and they have. Sure you can say that they just dont have much talent, and they dont. But the fact is they just arent very fundamentally sound in any aspect of the game. And that comes down to coaching. They dont do anything very well. They dont block well, they dont tackle well, they dont run the ball well, and they sure as heck cant throw the ball. They have run atleast 3 different offenses this season (wing-t, the-I, and now the shot-gun) Somebody please tell Coach Bobby Wells to pick an offense and stick with it. And in my personal opinion when you average losing about 90 yards per game because your center snaps the ball over your quarterbacks head about 5 times a game, I believe I would ditch the Shot-gun.

But the fact is Friday night is going to come down to coaching. And Siegel is just flat out better coached. Now I believe when Blackman is healthy they are a better team on paper, but the game isnt played on paper. And the fact is Blackman will put better athletes out there friday night, but because Siegel is better fundamentally and better coached they will win the game. They block and tackle better and thats where the game is won.

Blackman should of won against LaVergne last Friday, but I guess Coach Wells watched "The Longest Yard" before the game and thought the fake field goal play they ran on the movie was great. News Flash....Your not in Hollywood anymore. You kick the field goal and give your kids a chance to win a game that they played their butt off in. I sure hope he doesnt watch "Friday Night Lights" or "Varsity Blues" tonight and decides he can run the quarteback throw back pass 3 or 4 times Friday.

Well I have said what I needed to say. So I guess I will give a perdiction,

Siegel 35

Blackman 13

you get the award for the most informative / non biased post on this thread. thank you. :rolleyes:

Oakland has nothing to cheer about that is for sure. Maybe that is why you are posting in support of Siegel instead of backing up your "own" team? There is an Oakland thread but you never post in 'support' of them? Because they are no good. Then you talk about fans not cheering on the school? So maybe you should change your user name to "oaklandgradwhojumpedonthesiegeltrain"!

lol. :ph34r: