clifford20

GLJ was saying "his" in reference to Ivolly being a "he", not assuming that you are.

Also, I'm not exactly sure of all you have said about Impact (and I'm not involved with Impact but rather have watched them often) but they are a strong club program that does things right. When you do things right, then you really don't have to recruit because if the girl loves the game she will come out.

Excuse me for not repsonding sooner to CATU, but I was wiping the vomit off my keyboard.

You make the statement that a player from culleoka could play for Siegel or Page. That is interesting. I should not take the bait on this but I must.... Siegel is one of the 5 best teams in our state. That has been proven by victories over, Harpeth Hall (2), Father Ryan, Brentwood, East Ridge, Cookeville, Centenial, Page Franklin, Independance, BGA, Blessed Trinity (GA), Pelham (Al), Guntherville (Al)..ETC. We have had tough losses to McGill Toolin, Bob Jones, Germantown, Father Ryan, and Brentwood. This accounts for 7 of our 10 losses. i must also remind you that nearly all of these losses came after losing our middle hitter who has been a three year starter.

As for starting for Page High that is almost as ludicrous as well. THey may be down from the championship teams but good lord, nobody could keep that train rolling.

I am taking for granted that the Culleoka Team has it's own club? Or do they play for Impact, or Lightening? You are really making the club this sound so easy. I agree that Middle Tenn has talent, but go to North Central Indiana, Louisville, Huntsville, Central Illinois...you want to talk about talent!...thanks to Impact and other clubs, Middle Tenn is where it's at because of those clubs.

Siegel and Blackman have done well recently in Murf because the kids that were on those teams were playing club in middle school. it wasn't a good club, but it was volleyball non the less. (...plus they both have a great coach)

Isn't Culleoka in Eagleville's district? We played them this weekend.

Lafayette played Culleoka in pool play in the Page/Centennial. Of all the teams Lafayette faced in this tournament Culleoka is the only team they faced that would be considered an extremely easy win. We even replaced our best OH to give them a chance and it still wasn't close. I'm fairly certain there were no players that would be considered tops in the state at any position. Their girls played hard though, but were just way overmatched.

With regards to Impacts recruiting players and handpicking teams, I think they would be destroying their club if they did this without tryouts. That would NOT be a popular way of doing things with the masses and would doom them to failure. The way they are doing things now is clearly working. TN just needs to be patient. It's clear that club gets stronger and stronger every year. The key will be parents getting their kids involved at an earlier age like the Louisville teams do. When that happens their is no reason Impact cant be on the same playing field as KIVA and MAVA. I marvel at just what they have accomplished so far, because I "suspect" they are not getting some of these top players until late middle school to high school.

(Corrected a glaring misspelling. -TGLJ)

Edited by TheGreatLineJudge

Announcements