Db Vs Science Hill

ArtVandalay

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GLee,

Thank you for the nice words...good luck to you all, as well...expecting a big win for the Cyclones...

Art,

Thank you for asking; JoJo is over the strep, finished with the antibiotics, Cameron will be punting (but didn't Thomas Odom do a great job), Aaron Marsh is back, and as far as I know we are pretty healthy...we will need good health and good effort tomorrow night...

There will be a shuttle bus running from the Ft. Henry Mall (loading and unloading at the corner of Memorial Blvd and Ft. Henry Dr) tomorrow night.

Roll Tribe Roll

Edited by skunk

Art, I'm pretty confident you're not Bill Lane, which raises the mildly interesting question of whether he cribbed today's article in the T-N from your post the other day. Now maybe he got the info independently somehow, but it's a pretty big coinkydink, huh?

http://www.timesnews.net/sportsArticle.dna?_StoryID=3561869

Cool, huh? Your right, I am not Bill Lane. Hey, I am like WaCoJaCo when it comes to the Kingsport Times News, I want to see stories on DB more than other Schools. I sent Bill Lane the post in an email and he felt that it was ok for the Times. So that took up space from maybe a Gate City story and it got DB in the news a little bit more.

Interesting thing is, Bill Lane started working @ the Times in '63 and he remembers this story first hand just like TN64Champ. And also just like 64Champ, he mentioned the rock throwing incident in Erwin as another major reason for DB pulling out of the Conference.

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up!!

Edited by ArtVandalay

Art, Please say "Hi," to Bill if you happen to speak with him again. Ask him if he remembers a similar, yet more overt rock throwing incident in '63 at Morristown? Also, please tell him local realtor, Eddie Grills (#41), and Freddie Walton's brother, John (#50) have a tape of all those '64 games with the exception of Chat.Cent. At the only reunion in 1999 most of us sat in a small room at the high school after that evening's game watching game films until 2am without alcohol. And, yes, Bud, I have some colorful memories of that evening, my team mates, and almost every down of that magical season. Good luck Friday and thoughout the playoffs.

Cool, huh? Your right, I am not Bill Lane. Hey, I am like WaCoJaCo when it comes to the Kingsport Times News, I want to see stories on DB more than other Schools. I sent Bill Lane the post in an email and he felt that it was ok for the Times. So that took up space from maybe a Gate City story and it got DB in the news a little bit more.

Interesting thing is, Bill Lane started working @ the Times in '63 and he remembers this story first hand just like TN64Champ. And also just like 64Champ, he mentioned the rock throwing incident in Erwin as another major reason for DB pulling out of the Conference.

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up!!

Well that makes me feel better about Lane, and not only that, I think you're right that we may have found the solution to the rather paltry DB coverage--we'll just write the articles for them and send them to them! :thumb: