Dobyns Bennett Offense Going Into Playoffs

the real deal

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Assuming no additional injuries, looks to me like McCord and Ring will be available for QB action during the playoffs. Ring looked pretty good Friday, what little he played with lightning and all. I think they should play him and see if things click. If it does, save McCord for the 2nd and 3rd round of playoffs. If not, put McCord in. The real question is, what is Burton's status. Wonder how his doctor's visit wnt and will he be able to play anymore. He may well be their best QB. If Burton is allowed to play, we will finally have depth at that position. That would be nice entering playoffs.

Burton got clearance today and should be practicing as of this moment. It will be Coach Clark's

decision as to who plays. We have been lucky to have had

three guys who have played well, but I agree with others

that we need to try to stick with 1 (barring further injuries) and let our offense build up some confidence.

It can't be easy on the line or any of the offense with the

changes and the constant talk of this year's offense compared to last year's. I know VanDalay is a great supporter, but his comments in comparing quarterbacks couldn't be a positive if they happen to read this site.

Maybe they don't. I wish the Indians the best against JC and in the playoffs. I hope the easy game against CC doesn't come back to bite us in the tail. The defense has been a wonder to watch, now let's all get behind our offense and roll tribe roll!!!!!!

It will be very interesting to see how things shape up for Friday night. On the one hand, we're playing a traditional rival and the only other 5A team in the immediate area, and we obviously would like to go undefeated in the conference and win it outright. On the other hand, we have some injuries to a couple of key players that need to continue to heal, and the game makes no difference whatsoever to our playoff seeding. I hope the team comes out firing on all cylinders and that we are able to get some people out of there in the second half.

Bud, I was mainly talking about McCord in addition to Burton (and Marcus Rogers just came back last week and I suspect may be a little tender yet). But I'm hearing conflicting things about McCord, including that he's done at QB for the season, even though he's going to keep playing WR.

Some of the region 2 folks apparently think that because Ooltewah beat Oak Ridge and since OR beat DB early in the season, that somehow region 1 is inferior to region 2. :lol: We'll see how that "logic" plays out. But be warned, even with all the talk about the DB quarter backs and the fact that OR beat DB early on, DB is not at all the same team they were. Offense is significantly improved. Defense is improved too. Only going head to head will tell the tale. But you can continue to underestimate if you like.

One thing I want to clear up, I never once compared any DB QB against another. I listed the Players strengths as being very good, and I did say that some performances may have been the best of the season...i.e Bo Burtons 1st half against TN High, Sam McCords heroics vs Sevier Co, and Bart Rings 1st half against Campbell Co. But I never once said 1 player was better than the other or one player should start over another, that is Graham Clarks call.

DB is getting right, just at the right time. Those Region 2 Snobs can think agian...

DB is playing at home, I don't care if it is against WB or Ooltewah, DB is at home.

And Sevier County will mop the field with the other.. Now the same should be and is expected by the #1 and #2 Seeds from Region 2 over our teams. Oak Ridge and Farragut will not be playing starters late in the game against Science Hill and Bearden.

I wonder what is really expected from Bo Burton @ the QB spot. I am guessing that Bart Ring (So.) will start against the Toppers, Bo will take over in the 2nd half (that's me guessing). Is that enough time for Bo to be ready to go full steam in Round 1? Yes, I say it is, but Bart Ring is going to be a good QB for the Indians and maybe he already is. I just wish Sam McCord had not been forced into action against Sevier Co and then against Karns, he would probably be near 100% about now. As it is, we need Higher intervention for Sam to take Snaps again.

Either way though, Graham Clark is still the Head Coach and I like the Indians chances will the G-Man on watch. He is like a Super Hero, he always makes the right call... Hey G-Man.. how about a Hook and Lateral for old time sakes?

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up!!