Temple

Bzaller

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But seriously, Temple will alwayz be tough as long as they have Coach W. at the head and a few skogens around.

Grace people post on temple threads b/c of the rivalry, we know their plays their strengths and weaknesses, and they know ours. It just makes sence to talk about sumthin you know alot about. The games this year will be as intense as past years, but i think grace has the edge in talent this year, but having the talent doesn't alkways win the games.

Wasn't Rockwood a top class team last year?

I agree with your top line.

Edited by WadleyJuice

Temple will finish second in their district.

I've seen both play and I think they're about even at this point, even though some may disagree. I think one thing that might hurt grace is having to many stars on the team. I remember seeing Eldridge shoot about everytime he got the ball one scrimmage... which he did make most of them. And I dont even know if thats an issue for Grace playing as a team... more of a question... will they play team ball? Other than that I see at least 2, 3, or maybe 4 good games between Temple and Grace this year. Good Luck to both... :lol:

I've seen both play and I think they're about even at this point, even though some may disagree. I think one thing that might hurt grace is having to many stars on the team. I remember seeing Eldridge shoot about everytime he got the ball one scrimmage... which he did make most of them. And I dont even know if thats an issue for Grace playing as a team... more of a question... will they play team ball?

WadleyJuice, you are correct. This is the main question I see facing Grace. They have several very good players, and this can be a MAJOR problem for high school teams, especially when you have seniors who are wanting to put up big numbers to get a scholarship, etc. If Grace plays team ball, they win district. If they run up and down the floor and take dumb shots, they go down hard.

I take it You are a Temple fan. I mean dont get me wrong, Temple is a great team, they just aren't quite on the same level as Grace.

I take it you are a Grace fan. I mean don't get me wrong, Grace is a great team, you just haven't seen Temple play much this year. There has only been one official season game (Tellico Plains) this year. Wait until you see Grace play Temple and then you can honestly say who is better or not, because the better team(although two good teams) has the most points at the end of the fourth quarter...and sometimes that isn't totally true...so which ever team has the most wins against each other this year at the end of the season (whether it is 2,3, or 4 games)will be the better team. I doubt these two teams will only play twice this year.

Edited by PBG030

Right now they are not even. By watching both teams in a scrimmages Grace is a little stronger than Temple... RIGHT NOW. Temple may struggle a little early but i guarentee you by their first game with Grace they will be ready to play and the teams will be about even. Even if they werent exactly even it doesnt matter becuase you know the games are gonna be close.

To say Grace has the best team in single A is a little much. Are they good? Yes. Better than Temple? Maybe, they DO have more raw talent. Best in the state? i will say i dont know b/c i havent seen all the good teams in the state play. have you? I know their must be good teams out west. I have seen Grace play and i know they are good, but the Best? You have to see all the competition to intelligently call them the best. Call them better than Temple if you want, but unless you've seen all the really good teams dont call them the best.

As for the prognostication on the Temple-Grace game, you may be right. Temple will have to play good to win. Temple may not have the most talent, but i know they will work harder. I know this because i know Coach W. will make them bust it every day in practice. Temple is more disciplined, plays better team D, has a better coach, and KNOWS they can beat Grace. Grace has more talent, probably a better offensive attack, and THINKS they can beat Temple. The mental aspect of it may be bigger than most people think. Those Grace guys think they can win, but the Temple players know they can win. If Grace has an off shooting night(which eventually will happen) against a good team, they will struggle and probably lose. Grace will rely on offense, Temple will rely on defense.....that is proof that Temple has a better coach and will beat Grace when it counts.