Clarksville Basketball

Midstate

Which team will be the best in Clarksville this year? Clarksville has most of its team back this year ... including Sophomore Tyrone Caldwell. Kenwood should also have a lot of talent ... including Senior point guard Freeman Pickney. Northeast lost 2 D-! signees (Drake Reed - APSU & Thomas Pfaff Lipscomb) but Coach Copper will have them contending for a district championship with his new Sophomore post player. Northwest supporters on CoachT will once again predict they will be undefeated State Champs ... but they should finish at the bottom as usual. Everyone had high hopes for Rossview last year, but they disappointed and finished at the bottom ... and the same should happen this year.

As for the District 10-AAA race ...

Dickson County has to be my favorite ... just because they return some key players from their undefeated regular season championship team from last year - even though they lost Corey Pheiger to Rice.

Henry County will be a dark horse ... they have a new coach this year.

Springfield could also make some noise with their athletes as they make the jump from AA.

Early Predictions for 10-AAA...

1. Dickson Co.

2. Clarksville

3. Kenwood

4. Clarksville-Northeast

5. Springfield

6. Henry County

7. Northwest

8. Rossview

Any thoughts?

Edited by Midstate

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We (Greenbrier) played in one of the toughest districts in the state last year, especially in AA. With MLK and David Lipscomb both going to state semifinal games. Springfield was one of the top teams in that district along with MLK, DL, GB, and Station Camp. They are a great team with amazing athletes and will definitely compete in this district. We also played against Clarksville NE last year and lost by one; since they lost Thomas and Drake they will definitely be down this year, and Freeman is an awesome player and has a few players on his team that will help him at Kenwood. In the end I honestly think Springfield will be in the top 2 if the keep their heads on straight and play together which is their only problem. I know its hard to make the jump from AA to AAA but they definitely landed in the right district to make a run and do really well in AAA. I don't know much about Dickson Co. (except losing Cory P. is a huge loss) or Clarksville so they could be the top teams but look out for Springfield, they're dangerous and I would say should definitely be ranked higher than 5th. Their record was pretty close to .500 last year but you have to consider the teams the played, especially in their district and they didn't lose very many players.

Edited by catsbball1

• 2 weeks later...

id say that those predicitions are pretty accurate but i dont see dickson being in first. they lost corey of course and ive heard that primm is now hurt too..this is a big hunk of there scoring losing these two. big time other losses are pj stevenson from kenwood, thomas gregory from chs, chauncey dickerson and dante williams who pretty much scored all the points for northwest, drake reed, thomas pfaff and mike mcgraw from nehs, and james bolden and brandon bell from rossview.. i see it turning out prolly like this:

1. clarksville

2. kenwood

3. northeast

4. springfield

5. dickson co.

6. henry co.

7. rossview

8. northwest

Im unbiased because I dont even stay in clarksville. I just noticed you guys downing Northwest. I'm not going to speculate on how much success they'll have, but I'll just say this:they do have a few bright spots. A team Im an assistant coach for scrimmaged them and if they were more disciplined, they could be very competitive. They're also young. Vann, Vielma, McClendon have potential.

CHS is going to be the best in my eyes, followed by KW and Dickson. Kenwood is overrated if you ask me.

Jamboree:

CHS vs. KW

NW vs. NE

RV vs. MC(I think this one, but Im positive about the first two games)

Guest catfish-hunter

Im unbiased because I dont even stay in clarksville. I just noticed you guys downing Northwest. I'm not going to speculate on how much success they'll have, but I'll just say this:they do have a few bright spots. A team Im an assistant coach for scrimmaged them and if they were more disciplined, they could be very competitive. They're also young. Vann, Vielma, McClendon have potential.

CHS is going to be the best in my eyes, followed by KW and Dickson. Kenwood is overrated if you ask me.

Jamboree:

CHS vs. KW

NW vs. NE

RV vs. MC(I think this one, but Im positive about the first two games)

Northwest is young and talented, they always have the talent and athletic ability to compete but I think what people are stating is do they have the discipline and coaching to play on the next level. The only reason they go to state in 96 is because they had the best backcourt in the Midstate starring Louisville Star Marques Maybin. But its been a lil harder for them lately, the class of 2004 was really good to them but lost in the 1st round of regions.

I see Clarksville being the team to beat, they have the best backcourt this year with Greg Bronson and Tyrone Caldwell and post game locked down with Shaun Merriweather and Shawn Dowlen.

Northwest is young and talented, they always have the talent and athletic ability to compete but I think what people are stating is do they have the discipline and coaching to play on the next level. The only reason they go to state in 96 is because they had the best backcourt in the Midstate starring Louisville Star Marques Maybin. But its been a lil harder for them lately, the class of 2004 was really good to them but lost in the 1st round of regions.

I see Clarksville being the team to beat, they have the best backcourt this year with Greg Bronson and Tyrone Caldwell and post game locked down with Shaun Merriweather and Shawn Dowlen.

After last nights Jamboree, would anyone like to change thier order of picks..I think there might have been a few surprises even though Springfield, Dickson, and Henry didnt play in it but more than likely if you win the city and split with everyone else you win district.

Wasnt surprised but I think NE/NW is better than expected. Some people had them picked low.

Things I noticed from the jamboree:

-Northwest has DEFINITELY improved(boys and girls)

-Freeman Pinkney is ready to play and lead his team

-NE has a few athletes

-CHS is better than they showed

Just based on last night, who's looking good this year(just Clarksville teams)?

1. CHS

2. Kenwood

3 and 4. NE & NW(not sure who to choose)

5. Rossview

6. Mont. Central

Guest catfish-hunter

Things I noticed from the jamboree:

-Northwest has DEFINITELY improved(boys and girls)

-Freeman Pinkney is ready to play and lead his team

-NE has a few athletes

-CHS is better than they showed

Just based on last night, who's looking good this year(just Clarksville teams)?

1. CHS

2. Kenwood

3 and 4. NE & NW(not sure who to choose)

5. Rossview

6. Mont. Central

I agree..I think Clarksville could have easily drilled KW had they not subbed thier whole starting five at one time. However, Freeman will be a load this year for any team. Where was Kenwood's Cordell Lyons, is he no longer playing? I dont think anyone doubts NW's talent or athletic ability but will the coaching hindre them once again? NE is typical NE, even with losing two D1s they'll be very tough once Feburary comes. Cooper does a good job with his phyiscal toughness demenor and with new assistant coach Otis Howard this gives them a big advantage. Didnt see the Rossview-Central game but it looks like Cody Dunn is a one man show once again for the Indians. Look for Bagwell to lead Rossview to a surprising finish. I think they'll do better than most people have them, maybe not in the W/L column but they'll be competitive every game. My pick to win district has to be Clarksville, just too much quickness and talent. If Lyons doesnt play for Kenwood then I'm gonna say they're dropping down in rankings because Pinkney cant do it alone.

1.Clarksville(Reg and Tournament titles)

2. Dickson Co.

3. Northeast

4. Springfield

5.Northwest

6.Henry Co

7. Kenwood if Lyons doesnt play but if he does then #3

8. Rossview-Only because they are so young and not much talent across the board

I do think Northeast will be better than people give them credit for. Also, after watching the jamboree, Northwest has definitely improved. Kenwood will be a contender in my opinion if they get Lyons back, because Freeman Pinkney can flat out play. It's tough to tell about Clarksville by watching the jamboree, as their best players didn't play as often as they will in the regular season. Also, I think Rossview will suprise some people this season. Even though they are a young team, they play hard and could pull a few upsets this season.