Lake County In The Playoffs

Yea i here on that. This year i think we were the most balanced than we have ever been. We usually just run the ball till we can't run anymore but we actually had some sort of a passing game this year and our qb is a Junior and may be pretty good also next year if we can get the freshman going in the offseason. Anyway glad to here yall in the playoffs and hope yall can get past Fayette this year. I know two years ago we played Fayette in the first round and was leading up until the fourth quart and they scored 34 unanswered points to beat us 42-18, that was a heartbreaker because Fayette made it to the semi's that year so in a way we could have maybe it to state lol just a thought. Well good luck to yall in the playoffs and might get to see yall in another game this year. Good lcuk

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bigster, I wasn't going to reply but you keep baiting me into it. Maybe you can go talk to Coach Barger and he might hire you as his offensive coordinator. Lets look at a few stats shall we? Lake Co. has scored 415 points through 10 games. that is an average of 41.5 per game. They have rushed for over 3,200 yards an average of 320 yards per game. Springer has put together back to back 1,00 yard seasons and that run up the middle as you call it is an option play, if you do not know that means generally there are three things that can happen on that one play, a give to the fullback, a keep by the QB or a pitch to the TB. Secondly, maybe you have not paid alot of attention but Springer is a much better runner than passer, he is not as comfortable throwing the ball and will often tuck the ball and run even on pass plays. The offense the Falcons run is suited to the players and their talents. Maybe after season you or some of the other fans can get with Coach Barger and he might hire you to help out. If not support the team and let the coaches do the coaching.

Bigster, I wasn't going to reply but you keep baiting me into it. Maybe you can go talk to Coach Barger and he might hire you as his offensive coordinator. Lets look at a few stats shall we? Lake Co. has scored 415 points through 10 games. that is an average of 41.5 per game. They have rushed for over 3,200 yards an average of 320 yards per game. Springer has put together back to back 1,00 yard seasons and that run up the middle as you call it is an option play, if you do not know that means generally there are three things that can happen on that one play, a give to the fullback, a keep by the QB or a pitch to the TB. Secondly, maybe you have not paid alot of attention but Springer is a much better runner than passer, he is not as comfortable throwing the ball and will often tuck the ball and run even on pass plays. The offense the Falcons run is suited to the players and their talents. Maybe after season you or some of the other fans can get with Coach Barger and he might hire you to help out. If not support the team and let the coaches do the coaching.

I know exactly how the play is suppose to work..If someone hits the full back..Springer takes the ball...I've been going to Lake Co games for 35 years and I've seen the same plays so maybe Coach Barger will hire me to to be the coordinator...Sep has all kind of speed at receiver and is hardly ever used...Surely Springer can throw a slant 5 yards...And as far as utilizing speed and the talent they have....Yancy and Mays are bringing the play in just about every other play..One of them lines up behind the full back and everyone knows they are going either to the outside to the left or the right...with an occassional run up the middle every once in awhile..It seems if both Mays and Yancy were both on the field at the same time with all their speed ..Lake could run a sweep to one side and maybe run a counter back to the other side...But..I'm not the offensive coordinator.....But..I along with a lot of fans... know that if we run the ball up the middle like we did against U.C. and then we kept running the ball up the middle,up the middle.and up the middle and it wasn't working..I'm smart enough to at least try something else...And all those stats you are talking about....is against teams that most people thought we would blow out.... I'm 48 years old and I could have gained 150 yards against those teams..And they just didn't have enough speed to keep Lake Co from getting outside..I love Lake Co football and was just hoping the coach may be need a little help..I'm not trying to say I know more than he does..I believe Coach Barger has done a great job..am glad he came...but as a fan..and as probably a fan that has been to probably been to more Lake Co games than any other Lake Co fan, I just wanted to post what most fans are saying in the stands....We all know ,we are not the coach...but if we are going to lose...let's go down trying something different instead of running up the middle on 4th and 14 like it was several times against U.C.as they were hitting Springer 4 yards behind the line of scrimmage...

WarDawg...Never mind about the offensive coordinator job....Tenn has an opening with Randy Sanders resigning....lol....But really...I believe Coach Barger is doing a good job...I'm just coming from a fan point of view.....I believe we're all in this together..I was one one of those fans that came to all the home and away games when Lake Co was thinking of giving up football..My blood runs green...We've had a great year but I really believe we have the athletes to be do more than we have.....

Mr. Bigster I am sure that Coach Barger appreciates your support. If coaches listen to all the fans in the stands and monday morning QBs then none of them would keep their jobs long. The coaches no more than anyone what type of talent they have and what their kids can do. They work with them every day. Lets look down the road at Mckenzie, Hayes is putting up great numbers and they are winning but you keep seeing fans say they need to run the ball. Even when they have a line that does not run block well. The ole saying is if it ain't broke don't fix it. Fans of Lake Co. need to realize the turnaround the program has made, how hard these kids have worked and support them. Not get on message boards that the players read , and give the coach advice or be critical of the program. I would disagree on the comment the numbers put up were all against weak competition. Gleason and Bruceton both would have been playoff teams in Region 8. They are better than Manassas and Halls. Both have playoff caliber talent but play in a tough region. The bottom line is it is easy to pay five dollars , sit in the stands and second guess every move the coach makes.

Mr. Bigster I am sure that Coach Barger appreciates your support. If coaches listen to all the fans in the stands and monday morning QBs then none of them would keep their jobs long. The coaches no more than anyone what type of talent they have and what their kids can do. They work with them every day. Lets look down the road at Mckenzie, Hayes is putting up great numbers and they are winning but you keep seeing fans say they need to run the ball. Even when they have a line that does not run block well. The ole saying is if it ain't broke don't fix it. Fans of Lake Co. need to realize the turnaround the program has made, how hard these kids have worked and support them. Not get on message boards that the players read , and give the coach advice or be critical of the program. I would disagree on the comment the numbers put up were all against weak competition. Gleason and Bruceton both would have been playoff teams in Region 8. They are better than Manassas and Halls. Both have playoff caliber talent but play in a tough region. The bottom line is it is easy to pay five dollars , sit in the stands and second guess every move the coach makes.

your're right ..We're not coaches...I love the plays we are running as a whole.. If we are gaining 5 yards up the middle every play or outside every play for 5 yards..I would keep doing it every play..But on the other hand..As in the Union

city game...we couldn't run up the middle and kept doing it over and over...But ..You are right...WE,as fans should support our team,which I have spent more gas than probably any fan around..Even a home game to me is about 28 miles each way...I will be at Fayette Ac...and keep on supporting the team...I just hope if we are running 5 plays up the middle and gaining yards..fine ..I hope we keep doing it..but ..if not I hope we will make some changes..Or Lake Co will be going home for the season...But..anyway..this is my last post about being negative..I believe or am hoping Coach Barger will adjust...

I think the Lake Co. program has come along way in the last 3 years. Coach Barger is well on his way in returning Lake Co in to a state power again. We should all be happy that Coach Barger is here and figure a way out to keep him here. Coaches are always going to questioned about the play calling but they are the ones who watch the film and put together a gameplan based on their opponent. We the fans to not see what goes on in practice nor do we see the gameplan that is put in for that week. Lake County's brand of football has always been the run and a nasty defense and under Coach Barger that is returning.I too have been to more than a few Lake Co football games in my time and frankly I like what I see now compared to 4 years ago. We should all be happy at the turnaround that has took place in Lake Co and continue to support the coaches and players as they built the falcon program to what it once was.

I think the Lake Co. program has come along way in the last 3 years. Coach Barger is well on his way in returning Lake Co in to a state power again. We should all be happy that Coach Barger is here and figure a way out to keep him here. Coaches are always going to questioned about the play calling but they are the ones who watch the film and put together a gameplan based on their opponent. We the fans to not see what goes on in practice nor do we see the gameplan that is put in for that week. Lake County's brand of football has always been the run and a nasty defense and under Coach Barger that is returning.I too have been to more than a few Lake Co football games in my time and frankly I like what I see now compared to 4 years ago. We should all be happy at the turnaround that has took place in Lake Co and continue to support the coaches and players as they built the falcon program to what it once was.

You are right if you compare it to 4 years ago...We couldn't beat Bogata back then..Not a slight on Wes..We had several good players then..just not enough of them..I also said I liked our plays as a whole....but if you were at the U.C. game you definitely know what I was talking about...I work with several former football stars from Lake Co..I don't mind naming them..Kevin Avery...Scotty Gross...They have told me the same thing...Not that it will change anything.....We are not the coaches...Let me ask you a question?Has Lake Co actually beaten anyone this year that you really thought we would lose to?I'm talking about Gleason,S.Fulton,Halls,Greenfield,etc...With an 8-2 record last year and everyone back..be truthful.....Now..we all knew U.C. and McKenzie coming in would be difficult games....We lost both those games....But..I think most of us still believed we could win those games...We never made any adjustments in that U.C. game whatso ever....I'm not the coach..He has done a great job..But remember...most of these players were on a great middle school team that that had more talent than any middle school team in Lake Co football...All I'm saying is ..yes..L.C.. has a lot of yardage...a lot of points...but look at the records of those teams we have done it against....We have more talent than what we have shown....I've basically said what most Lake Co fans have been thinking or want to say....We know we have the talent.....And yes...L.C has always ran the ball ...But this team does not have a Kenny Flagg,Ronald Hopkins...I really don't believe U.C. is that much better than us but if you think we made any adjustments that night or played up to our potential...then we weren't watching the same game...I've said what I have said...I am not the coach...I have never talked negative on this site about L.C. but we all knew with the whole team coming back..it should be a great year..

And it has been a good year....I'm hoping it becomes great... As far as I'm concerned ..this is a dead subject from here on...I,m not the coach and I hope he stays a long time and Lake Co goes a long way...I'm really not trying to be negative...but when we are two or three touchdowns behind and running 10 straight plays up the middle for lost yardage....Enough said...

I'm from Dyersburg and watched Lake Co in the jamboree..L.C. was very impressive...I work with several Lake Co former players ,Kevin Avery,Cornelius Hughes,Scotty Gross and kept hearing about Springer and how fast Lake Co was..I went to the U.C. game with several other workers from Dyersburg and I have to agree with Bigster...Every play seemed to go up the middle and U.C was hitting the L.C backs and the quarterback 4 yards behind the line of scrimmage.....I kept waiting for some kind of adjustments but even in 3rd and long situations...all I saw was basically the same plays..I went to watch them against Halls for the same reason,knowing the L.C former players and Rodney Patrick,who has a son that plays for Halls..L.C. looked a lot better and even threw a couple nice passes but Halls hasn't won but about three games all year...I sure hope L.C has a better team than what I saw against U.C. and I'm sure they do..but again...I looked at the schedule and only about 3 teams have winning records...Based on what I saw on that one night only...I have to agree with bigster.It was about the worse play calling I have ever seen...The L.C. players seemed to give up and we left in the 3rd quarter with the score about 28-0...Good luck in the playoffs ...

You are right if you compare it to 4 years ago...We couldn't beat Bogata back then..Not a slight on Wes..

Nice one, bigster. Keep in mind -- we DID beat Crockett County......after our quarterback got bailed out of jail at 9:00 that morning.

We also beat Gleason (all four years), Halls (3 out of 4), Fulton City, Greenfield (2 out of 4)....yeah, that's about it. With better discipline on all fronts, we are at least .500 all those years. We had the talent in 2000 to be about a 8-2 or 7-3 team that could have gone a couple rounds deep. But no discipline.

Nice one, bigster. Keep in mind -- we DID beat Crockett County......after our quarterback got bailed out of jail at 9:00 that morning.

We also beat Gleason (all four years), Halls (3 out of 4), Fulton City, Greenfield (2 out of 4)....yeah, that's about it. With better discipline on all fronts, we are at least .500 all those years. We had the talent in 2000 to be about a 8-2 or 7-3 team that could have gone a couple rounds deep. But no discipline.

Wes...I remember that Crockett Co game..I believe that was the only game Crockett Co lost that year..And was probably the best game H.H. played that year....I wished now I wouldn't have said anything....As a whole ..the playcalling is best for what we have...All I was trying to say was if we are running the ball up the middle or outside and gaining 5 yards a carry..then I would keep doing it...But if we are running the ball like we did against U.C. and not gaining any yardage and minus yardage on most of them..at least try something different..anything...Go down swinging.. But that is Coach Bargers call and I feel like he has done a great job...But if he still needs me....I will be available...lol...The only reason I said anything is I know L.C. has the talent to play with just about any Single A team...Good luck to the Falcons and Coach Barger against Fayette Ac..Enough about this subject though....On to the game with Fayette Ac...

Edited by mrbigster

Who is Lake County`s coach and where did he come from (experience)?

I`m just assuming they don`t have the same coach anymore who led them to the mires that they were in for several years after being one of the top 1A teams in the state in the 90`s.

It is not always the Coach that leads a team into the dumps! Sometimes the talent just dries up for a few years! That is one major difference in 1a football than 3 or 4a. The kids for LCHS football at this time are great kids and also talented. The begining of the rough patct came from a jr high bunch that won one game in three years. In small school football cycles happen. Dont always blame a coach or any one else realize what you have. Look out in two years, the talent may be shallow again!!!