Beech Vs. Portland

Bucc #58

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Both teams are very well coached and good football teams. However, I don't believe that Portland has gathered themselves since the loss to Kenwood. The Clarksville game didn't help them much either. While I hope that Portland wins purely for Kenwood getting a tie atop the region (Beech still winning because of the head to head tiebreaker beating Kenwood 19-15 in week 2), I see Beech winning by 14. Good luck to both teams in week 10 and in the playoffs. Hope to see region 6-4A represented well.

Well, after those two losses you referred to, Portland has managed to get back on track and hopefully will continue its winning ways. Of course I am also biased in this matchup. Although it has happened in the past, it's difficult to take a win away from the Panthers at Memorial Field. Both of these teams seem to be evenly matched with Beech averaging 20.9 ppg offensively and giving up 14.6 ppg from the defensive side of the ball. The Panthers are also giving up 14.6 ppg on defense but have a slight edge on offense averaging 22.7 ppg. Being at Portland will help the Panthers, but I see a hard fought game that could go either way.

:D

Sorry, PPride, but good luck Beech and you have to understand why an SC fan would say that.

I graduated from SCHS so no, I really don't understand. Especially since you put us out of the playoffs three years in a row. If we had put you out I would understand, but I do accept your apology, though.

:D

(People are just jealous of our past success!)

I'm biased so I won't say anything about this matchup, but I would like everyone elses input.

First off I'll say that both of these squads should do the Region proud in the playoffs!

I am going to have to give the edge to Beech even playing on the road. I do like Portland's kicking game, especially if it ends up being close(!) but Beech has a better overall team considering all other facets, IMO.

I see Beech by 10!

:o

I obviously play for Beech, and I haven't seen any input on us from any other threads. Portland is a good football team which I look forward to playing. We are also a good football team. It is sort of strange that our first and last regular season game we go up against a Wing-t oriented team. Our offensive play is completely different. Even being a player for one of the discussed teams, I believe it will be a dog fight to the end.