Freshman Championship

cherokee#1fan

:thumb: The Freshman Championship game will be this Saturday at 1:00.

Oak Ridge @ MCMINN Co.

This will be a great game to come see on a Saturday afternoon. The game that these 2 teams played in the regular season was a barn burner. It went into double overtime with the Cherokees getting the win. Come support these 2 freshman teams on Saturday. ;)

Edited by cherokee#1fan

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:thumb: The Freshman Championship game will be this Saturday at 1:00.

Oak Ridge @ MCMINN Co.

This will be a great game to come see on a Saturday afternoon. The game that these 2 teams played in the regular season was a barn burner. It went into double overtime with the Cherokees getting the win. Come support these 2 freshman teams on Saturday. :thumb:

I thought Ooltewah's Freshmen beat McMinn. Why not Ooltewah v. Oak Ridge? What happened?

I'm sorry but both of you are wrong, ooltewah, soddy, and mcminn all had the same region record at 2-1 yes but it came down to who had the best overall record, and mcminn won because they had a 6-2 record and ooltewah did not because they had a 6-3 record, but from what i hear mcminn played all freshman teams and got the wins, and ooltewah played i think 4-5 jv teams against sophomores and even juniors sometimes, and got the lose in two of those!! but im pretty sure you put mcminn against the teams that ooltewah played and mcminn gets beat worse than ooltewah did!!! but for the first time ever i think i will say this...... go oak ridge... maybe then you will see who should have been in the championship game against them!!!

I'm sorry but both of you are wrong, ooltewah, soddy, and mcminn all had the same region record at 2-1 yes but it came down to who had the best overall record, and mcminn won because they had a 6-2 record and ooltewah did not because they had a 6-3 record, but from what i hear mcminn played all freshman teams and got the wins, and ooltewah played i think 4-5 jv teams against sophomores and even juniors sometimes, and got the lose in two of those!! but im pretty sure you put mcminn against the teams that ooltewah played and mcminn gets beat worse than ooltewah did!!! but for the first time ever i think i will say this...... go oak ridge... maybe then you will see who should have been in the championship game against them!!!

:thumb: Excuse me but McMinn drilled Oak Ridge 30-20 this year so we already know who should be playing them Saturday. McMinn played every team in the region and was 5-1 in the region not 2-1 that is why they are in the championship!!!! I wish McMinn could play Ooltewah now instead of the first game of the season!!!!!!

:thumb: McMinn's wins and losses this year!!

Ooltewah L

Cleveland L

Soddy D. W

William B. W

Oak Ridge W

Bradley W

farragut W

Rhea Co. W

McMinn chose to play all the region teams except heritage. If the region who the tournament consists of then why would you not play those teams. It should not even be a discussion.

I think it is a matter of logistics, hot rod! Tough to justify travelling 2 hours with a group of Freshman. Hence, Owls coaches choose to stay closer to home. McMinn has the perfect location to play Chattanooga teams and Knoxville teams without driving more than an hour. Even though the Owls whipped you boys early this season, I think most people would agree that McMinn is the best representative in this Championship game. Good luck to you guys.

:lol: McMinn's wins and losses this year!!

Ooltewah L

Cleveland L

Soddy D. W

William B. W

Oak Ridge W

Bradley W

farragut W

Rhea Co. W

McMinn chose to play all the region teams except heritage. If the region who the tournament consists of then why would you not play those teams. It should not even be a discussion.

Cheorkee#1fan, let me educate you. This freshman region championship was set-up when this region was set-up several years ago. The best of the four northern schools (Farragut, Heritage, Oak Ridge, and Blount) is supposed to play the best of the four southern schools (Ooltewah, Soddy, Bradley and McMinn) for the region 2 5A freshman championship. The southern schools don't usually play the northern schools because of travel, it makes no sense for Soddy, Ooltewah etc. to travel to any of the northern schools for 3 plus hours for a freshman football game on Monday, a school night. Your games with Farragut, Blount, and Oak Ridge don't count as region games period. If you think they do why didn't you go to Heritage and play? If you were going to play everyone during the season there would be no reason for this champioship game. The game is at McMinn every year because it is the most central location to all possible schools. You are talking about something you know nothing about. This will be the last year that there will be no Criteria for deciding who plays in case of a three way tie, I can promise you that. No way should overall record have been considered with Ooltewah and Soddy playing JV teams in order to get games. They do it every year they have every year and they have never figured into these freshman standings. The only games that count are the Bradley, Ooltewah, McMinn, and Soddy games. The McMinn coach really should his butt in this deal. He ran the score up on Bradley this past Monday 55-0 and tried to use that score as a reason for McMinn to go play Saturday. Ooltewah and I'll bet Soddy didn't run the score up on Bradley. Ooltewah's starters did not play in the second half at all. Enjoy your game Saturday but don't think this will be forgotten. These type things have a way of coming full circle. Maybe they will have a concession stand this year or even Ref's, Ooltewah has played in this game every year it has been played except one. Several years they did not open the concession stand or have a PA and one year they had no officals. One last thing, you are not the Cherokees #1 Fan, TribeFan is and always will be! :thumb:

:lol: LISTEN HERE BIGDUCKY FIRST OF ALL THE COACH AT MCMINN DID NOT RUN UP THE SCORE ON BRADLEY. THE 2ND AND 3RD STRING WAS IN THE GAME BY THE 2ND QUARTER AND PLAYED THE WHOLE 2ND HALF. SO YOU DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THAT NOW DO YOU. 2ND THE REASON THAT MCMINN DID NOT PLAY HERITAGE IS BECAUSE THEY CANCELED BEFORE THE YEAR STARTED. KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT BEFORE YOU SAY ANYTHING. 3RD WHO IN THEIR RIGHT MIND WOULD HAVE CAME UP WITH A REGION CHAMIONSHIP IF THE REGION GAMES YOU PLAYED DIDN'T MATTER. I AGREE THAT THERE SHOULD BE SOME SORT OF BI-LAWS SET UP NEXT IN CASE OF TIES. :lol: