Freshman Championship

cherokee#1fan

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Central, Gordon Lee, Walker Valley, Sweatwater, and McMinn Central were the JV's. Bradley, McMinn, Cleveland, Soddy were the freshman teams, I think. Cleveland was the best freshman team we played, McMinn was probably the second best freshman team we played. Cleveland's freshman team was really strong, I think they beat your freshman team also.

O.K. I understand what you're saying now. I still think McMinn is the best representative. Hard to punish a team just b/c they are logistically in a better position to play all of the region teams. I understand Ooltewah and Soddy and even Bradley for that matter not wanting to travel to the northern schools to play, and vice versa. But, that is still a choice those teams/coaches made. Even though there is no good criteria for choosing the best teams from each division, you can't ignore that McMinn was 5-1 against region 2-5A freshmen teams. Besides, I'm pretty sure McMinn's freshmen could beat the JV squads of Central, Walker Valley, Sweetwater, and McMinn Central as well. Don't know anything about Gordon Lee. Shoot, McMinn's freshmen could beat McMinn's JV for that matter. Anyway, it is a moot point now, since McMinn is playing and I hope you're right about next year having criteria in place.

Yeah, Cleveland's Freshmen were pretty strong.

Central, Gordon Lee, Walker Valley, Sweatwater, and McMinn Central were the JV's. Bradley, McMinn, Cleveland, Soddy were the freshman teams, I think. Cleveland was the best freshman team we played, McMinn was probably the second best freshman team we played. Cleveland's freshman team was really strong, I think they beat your freshman team also.

What about Soddy-Daisy, they beat you....give them a little love

What about Soddy-Daisy, they beat you....give them a little love

Yes, we lost to Soddy, score was 14-12. Ooltewah had two touchdowns called back, first half ended with the ball on the Soddy one yard line(huge missed opportunity), missed a field goal as time expired wide left. Bottom line we did not play well enough to win, to many penalties and mistakes. If we had taken care of business and beat Soddy all this discussion would be moot. Ooltewah would have been playing today not McMinn. If's and butts, Good Luck to both teams.

Looks like McMinn represented the southern part of the region well today and showed they deserved to be there. They beat Oak Ridge 50-28.

Wow. This OR Freshman team is the best that the North has to offer. Maybe the South 5A teams can finally see light at the end of the current North dominated tunnel.

I'm not convinced that McMinn's Freshman team is the best team in the South, but congratulations men! Best or not, you certainly did represent McMinn, Bradley, and Hamilton Counties very well!