Fairview @ Harpeth

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that Fairview will come out tonight with their 6th win of the season. I think we have worked too hard to lose tonight.

Fairview 48

Harpeth 21

P.S. Smiley we will prove you wrong tonight.

I hope you do, I sure hope you do. You guys have what it takes to win by as much as you want to. Just got to go out there and do it.

Fairview wins 16-0. I told you guys this game would be close as it was 0-0 at halftime. You may think what you want about me in supporting my alma mater, but facts are facts. Fairview has to limit its turnovers and penalties, and must also establish the line of scrimmage which they were able to do tonight against Harpeth. Tonight they lose two fumbles and have 9 penalties for 55 yards. Both offenses struggled passing the ball as Fairview started an underclassmen. Fairview's leading rusher was Ian Morman who had 8 carries for 70 yards.

Guest catfish-hunter

Harpeth was 1-19 the past two years. Beating them 16-0 is nothing to write home about, TRUST ME :lol:

Gerry, I like you and all man but Region 7-2A is FAR BETTER than Region 5-2A. Westview is an outstanding football team at the top of that region. Milan and Huntingdon will likely play in the quarterfinals.

East Robertson won Region 5-2A and they almost lost to Dresden at the start of the year. Dresden did not even make the playoffs in Region 7-2A.

East Robertson will beat Richland

Goodpasture will beat Riverside

Ezell could beat Lewis Co. but I'm not 100% sure and I like Camden as a #2 seed at home to beat DCA.

Harpeth was 1-19 the past two years. Beating them 16-0 is nothing to write home about, TRUST ME :lol:

Gerry, I like you and all man but Region 7-2A is FAR BETTER than Region 5-2A. Westview is an outstanding football team at the top of that region. Milan and Huntingdon will likely play in the quarterfinals.

East Robertson won Region 5-2A and they almost lost to Dresden at the start of the year. Dresden did not even make the playoffs in Region 7-2A.

East Robertson will beat Richland

Goodpasture will beat Riverside

Ezell could beat Lewis Co. but I'm not 100% sure and I like Camden as a #2 seed at home to beat DCA.

Oh I am not bragging about beating Harpeth 16-0. I was stating how the game went and I thought it was going to be a close game. Fairview's defense went out and performed like they were suspose to shutting down the Harpeth offense, which hasn't been that hard to do all season, as the team is really young and getting better every week. Offense struggled a little last night as a back up QB started for the Jackets, which kinda hindered their passing game. But they finish the season 6-4, 3-4 in the toughest 2A region in the state!!!

Westview is not as good as people think, take away Guy and they can't find their identity, ie Gibson County. Huntingdon just hasn't seemed to be Huntindon this year, but that will change come playoff time. East Robertson at the early stages of the season was trying to find its identity. Do you call 43-27 almost losing to Dresden that is 7 points better than Huntingdon and 2 points better than Milan played them later in the season. ER will be a force in these playoffs if you ask me. You pick your poison against them, stop the run they will pass on you all night, set back in coverage and they will put Hudson in the backfield and let him run. But hey what do I know? I have only seen Westview, Huntingdon, Milan, East Robertson, Ezell Harding, DCA, and Goodpasture play this year, wonder how many others can say that, but I don't know what I am talking about.

Edited by Gerry Bertier

Guest catfish-hunter

Oh I am not bragging about beating Harpeth 16-0. I was stating how the game went and I thought it was going to be a close game. Fairview's defense went out and performed like they were suspose to shutting down the Harpeth offense, which hasn't been that hard to do all season, as the team is really young and getting better every week. Offense struggled a little last night as a back up QB started for the Jackets, which kinda hindered their passing game. But they finish the season 6-4, 3-4 in the toughest 2A region in the state!!!

Westview is not as good as people think, take away Guy and they can't find their identity, ie Gibson County. Huntingdon just hasn't seemed to be Huntindon this year, but that will change come playoff time. East Robertson at the early stages of the season was trying to find its identity. Do you call 43-27 almost losing to Dresden that is 7 points better than Huntingdon and 2 points better than Milan played them later in the season. ER will be a force in these playoffs if you ask me. You pick your poison against them, stop the run they will pass on you all night, set back in coverage and they will put Hudson in the backfield and let him run. But hey what do I know? I have only seen Westview, Huntingdon, Milan, East Robertson, Ezell Harding, DCA, and Goodpasture play this year, wonder how many others can say that, but I don't know what I am talking about.

Dresden got outscored 30-3 in the second half in that loss to East Robertson. They just collapsed it sounds like to me (I know that's not proper English).

You're right when you said Huntingdon will turn it on. With backs like Weathers and Donald and a coach like Mansfield you know what they're about to do. Milan is Milan in the fact that they run the ball offensively and play good defense. They shutdown both Huntingdon and Westview in both of their losses this year. Westview collapsed late against Gibson Co., who is terrible, but wins over Camden/Huntingdon/Milan can't go unnoticed. The Chargers are legit and they have homefield through the first three rounds.