Who Is Omar Wattad? Is He Overrated, Or What?

aj rodriguez

I graduated from Central a few years ago and occassionally check out these threads. I'm getting sick of Central students, who probably have never touched a basketball in their life, getting on here and downing other teams and their players. It shows no class and makes Central look bad. I also don't understand how you can talk about how good Central is, how bad they are going to beat SHHS, and how they will win the district and make it back to the state tournament. When did Central establish themselves as a basketball powerhouse in Tennessee? I'm pretty sure they haven't so quit showing your ignorance by talking trash and glorifying Central and how great they are. You guys might want to win something first or atleast more than once every sixteen years. The Hamptons, Johnson Counties, Unicois, and other small AA schools are no longer on the schedule. It won't be a cake walk to the state tournament like it was last year and should have been the two years before, but the beating there would probably be about the same.

i agree with you about the students talking crap on here. all it does it ###### the other teams off and make them wanna beat you as bad as they can. but i think central has established itself as a team to be dealt with in east tn. they have had 4 20 win seasons in a row and an appearance in the state tournament. they have also beaten their share aaa teams on their schedule in the past few years.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quick!

Maybe someone should call App St, UTC, MTSU, and Southern Illinois and tell them to withdraw their offers to Wattad because he had an off night where his team still won. Not to mention we should call Stanford, UT, Penn State, GA Tech, UK, UNC, Miami, Georgia, and the long list of other schools that have contacted, and will be watching Wattad play this year both for the Hill and the Travelers. I would be surprised to see any Central, or any player in the conference in the next 3 to 4 years even get half the attention Wattad gets, and deserves from scouts and Major D-1 Schools. He is the most dominant player in the area since Jovann Johnson, and none of you have anything bad to say about Jovann. If you don't beleive me ask Jo, he and Shane Williams work out with Omar 2-3 times a week, outside of regular practice. Not to mention in this fall league half the team was not even their because of football season. So once the rest of the team comes back (Forney, Crowder from injury, Turner from injury, Alexander) Wattad will get more open looks, meaning more points meaning more wins for the Hill. 16-0 is tough but if any team could do it in this conference it would be the Toppers. South has more of a shot at beating the hill than does Central, just cause of height. Central finishing Top 4 in the conference is a lofty goal for you guys. Good Luck, because it might be the only thing that will help you win.

Quick!

Maybe someone should call App St, UTC, MTSU, and Southern Illinois and tell them to withdraw their offers to Wattad because he had an off night where his team still won. Not to mention we should call Stanford, UT, Penn State, GA Tech, UK, UNC, Miami, Georgia, and the long list of other schools that have contacted, and will be watching Wattad play this year both for the Hill and the Travelers. I would be surprised to see any Central, or any player in the conference in the next 3 to 4 years even get half the attention Wattad gets, and deserves from scouts and Major D-1 Schools. He is the most dominant player in the area since Jovann Johnson, and none of you have anything bad to say about Jovann. If you don't beleive me ask Jo, he and Shane Williams work out with Omar 2-3 times a week, outside of regular practice. Not to mention in this fall league half the team was not even their because of football season. So once the rest of the team comes back (Forney, Crowder from injury, Turner from injury, Alexander) Wattad will get more open looks, meaning more points meaning more wins for the Hill. 16-0 is tough but if any team could do it in this conference it would be the Toppers. South has more of a shot at beating the hill than does Central, just cause of height. Central finishing Top 4 in the conference is a lofty goal for you guys. Good Luck, because it might be the only thing that will help you win.

Alright to say he is good is one thing. But to say he is the most dominant since Jovann. He doesn't even compare to Jovann. He might not even be the best player in the conference. Shaud Johnson led his team to state, and he really didn't have a very good supporting cast. So if we need to be talking about anyone its him.

My kid does not go to SH, but we have played against him in the past in travel ball. You are making a very big mistake by not taking him seriously. IT WILL come back to haunt you. He may have had a bad night, which would be a good night for most, but everyone is off every now and then. Whether his is the #3 junior prospect in TN or not, I don't know, but I do know the quality of ball player he is. Don't get bit on the backside :D

Alright to say he is good is one thing. But to say he is the most dominant since Jovann. He doesn't even compare to Jovann. He might not even be the best player in the conference. Shaud Johnson led his team to state, and he really didn't have a very good supporting cast. So if we need to be talking about anyone its him.

He is the best player in the conference, last year he finished 2nd to a phenomonal Tyler Estepp for player of the year. He was a sophomore b.t.w. Jovann was phenomonal, don't get me wrong, but Science Hill was also a NATIONALLY RANKED program at that time, so the help was there. Not saying that this SHHS team couldn't be great as that one in the past, or that Wattad is as good as Jovann, but each of them will be remembered as the most dominant player of their respective era's in East TN basketball history.

6. Nasty sideburns

Your jealousy resonates in the immaturity of the comments you make. Say something worth saying or refrain from cutting on someone just because you are inferior to them in that area which we are all here to discuss, which is basketball.

Thats what this board is about. Not a place for frustrated talentless people to bash the hard work and skill of young men, who do not cause trouble, and serve as positive male role models to a younger generation.

Your 'nast sideburns' comment is superficial, you don't have to like how a player looks but you sure have to recognize when a guy has lit up most of the competition he's faced, not only locally but in many national venues.

To quote the rapper BIzzy-Bone, "Real recognize real."

Let the fakers be fake.

[quote name='BroadwayBaller' date='Nov 10 2005 - 12:15 AM' post='825822040'

Your 'nast sideburns' comment is superficial, you don't have to like how a player looks but you sure have to recognize when a guy has lit up most of the competition he's faced, not only locally but in many national venues.

This guy is obviously not very smart. SOMEBODY BAN HIM PLEASE!!!!! :blink: