3a Who Will Go To The Championship From West Tn?

Laser Rex

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dyersburg and Lexington have proved to be best so far, but Dyersburg has a hard road ahead. If everything falls like it should, Dyersburg would have to beat Crocket in the 2nd round and Covington or Trezevant in the 3rd round. Beating those two twice in the same year is a tall order to fill.

Good luck Trojans!!

Guest catfish-hunter

Trezevant, Dyersburg, Liberty Tech, or Lexington...............WHO IS THE BEST AND WHY?

If I had to pick a team from west-TN then I'd say Lexington. They've beaten Riverside, Liberty, Hardin Co., and probably after this week Jackson South Side.

I don't know if they are good enough to beat David Lipscomb but we'll just have to wait and see.

Dyersburg, Covington, Crockett, Trezevant, Mitchell, Jackson South Side, and Liberty are all great teams with a legit shot at making a run as well :thumb:

I think anybody from Region 7-3A could make it to the 'Boro.....Lexington could also be a possibility.....

Dyersburg will have the toughest road to the 'Boro.....Covington is Covington and they will have a great chance to make it....Crockett Co. has Ron and Shaun Johnson along with Jarvis Perry and those guys are real good reasons why they could make it.....Haywood IMO is the best team athletically in the Region. Only downside for Haywood is being 3rd or 4th seed and having to go down to Memphis to either play Mitchell or Trezevant....Lexington probably has the best backfield in West Tennessee and their linemen are BIG......

I think it will be

Quarters:

Lexington @ David Lipscomb

Haywood @ Dyersburg

David Lipscomb will beat Lexington and Dyersburg will beat Haywood ..

Semis:

Dyersburg @ David Lipscomb

And I think D-burg beat Lipscomb in a great game to make it the 'Boro.....

Guest catfish-hunter

Dyersburg and Lexington have proved to be best so far, but Dyersburg has a hard road ahead. If everything falls like it should, Dyersburg would have to beat Crocket in the 2nd round and Covington or Trezevant in the 3rd round. Beating those two twice in the same year is a tall order to fill.

Good luck Trojans!!

Your statement is somewhat true but not entirely. Lexington may have to open with the same Marshall Co. team that beat them in the opening round of the playoffs a year ago. After that David Lipscomb, Cheatham, Creek Wood, Liberty, and Southside are all possible outs for the Big Red Tigers and anyone would tell you that.

Lexington is big up front with some oustanding backs (especially Buckley) but we are talking about a team that has been gone after the first round the past three years (Greenbrier in '02, Page in '03, and Marshall in '04).

Yes I did say Lexington has the best shot because I do think Dyersburg will have a tough road to go beating teams like Haywood, Crockett, and Covington potentially twice in one season (not to mention Mitchell and Trezevant) but their is no way that Lexington's road to a potentail state title won't be a difficult one :thumb:

Good luck Trojans!!

you are thinking that dyer beats covington? if covington wins (a good probability) covington would be second seed under dburg. so they would meet in the second round. if they both win the first round (another good probability).

you are thinking that dyer beats covington? if covington wins (a good probability) covington would be second seed under dburg. so they would meet in the second round. if they both win the first round (another good probability).

dburg would not meet covington until the quarter finals, which is round 3.......if they both win game 1 and 2