T-town Rumble Pre-season Tournament

matcat

Okay, I feel the need to open my big mouth! Surprise to all, I'm sure!

I've gone to the T Town Rumble for several years - this is a preseason event and when it grew to the event that it is today - they wrestled 3 matches and were done.

In the 6 years that I have seen teams at this event, it has always been the objective to get 2-3 matches in during the day, not declaring champions. It's about mat time!

There are plenty of tournaments between now and Feb for all to pitch a witch about.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, I feel the need to open my big mouth! Surprise to all, I'm sure!

I've gone to the T Town Rumble for several years - this is a preseason event and when it grew to the event that it is today - they wrestled 3 matches and were done.

In the 6 years that I have seen teams at this event, it has always been the objective to get 2-3 matches in during the day, not declaring champions. It's about mat time!

There are plenty of tournaments between now and Feb for all to pitch a witch about.

Thanks for the note, sundancer.

Just some additional info, there were 300+ wrestlers and we made an effort to get each of them 3 and I know that a few only got 2, while some did wrestle 4. Sorry about those who only got 2. So that was around 450+ matches on 4 mats. We did it in 8 hours, but yet I still had people complain that it took too long. I don't know how else to speed things up unless we resort to the boring rule that my wife came up with a few years ago.

+++++

The boring rule is this:

If no scoring occurs within the first 30 sec - 1 minute, you go immediately to a sudden death takedown event and end it. If no takedown occurs within the next 30 sec - 1 minute, you flip a coin and put one on his/her back and if they can't get up or get pinned of course it is over. If they do get up and out they win.

=====

Anyway, I think that we made an effort to match the kids up according to ability and there were some good matches wrestled but all gained important experience. I was however disappointed to see that some of the "contenders" did not want to wrestle other "contenders" for fear they might get beat. They need to understand that this is not the point of preseason tournaments.

If made available to me through my website, I will post schedules for teams I receive and if giving results I will update the schedules to show that status on Mat Control at www.fiscusconsulting.com.

Edited by fiscon

Yes, i saw some good talent out there saturday, especially in the 160C. there was some good guy, i think he was wearin a red singlet? can someone give me the info on this guy?

I think you might be talking about Justin Nelson of Blackman, he was in 160 A though not sure what color of singlet, but I think it might have been red. He was dominate in that bracket.

I'm going to guess at this one - Grant Burnett from Franklin 2-1 in that group. Other red singlet would have been Funston of Riverdale 1-2 in that group.

Grant is a good wrestler, one of the Oddo/Cash boys. He should make some noise for the Rebs this year. This kid is also a wonderful baseball player!

Watch out for his little brother, Carson - I believe his is a freshman this year. I'd like to see someone try to keep him of the mat, he is a die hard wrestler. On the mats every chance he gets!

Franklin team is still loaded with siblings even after graduating a lot of the older brothers last year.

I think you might be talking about Justin Nelson of Blackman, he was in 160 A though not sure what color of singlet, but I think it might have been red. He was dominate in that bracket.

Kyle Frazier from Smyrna was wearing a red singlet. He went 3-0 on Saturday.

Smyrna's Varsity did very well. We went 31-6. Three of the losses came from our brand new JV wrestler at 171 who filled that spot for our varsity wrestler who was wrapping up his football season.

(I just looked at the results and I see two errors already. Josh Bradford only lost one match while Brian Dedmon lost none.)

It was a fun day. Brad, you did a great job.

Coach Gonyea

Edited by CoachGonyeaSHS

Smyrna's Varsity did very well. We went 31-6. Three of the losses came from our brand new JV wrestler at 171 who filled that spot for our varsity wrestler who was wrapping up his football season.

Coach Gonyea

I thought about him but didn't think he would be wearing a red singlet, he did have a good day and he was in 160 C.

I thought Jordan Selph looked good too, didn't think too much of his hair though.

(I just looked at the results and I see two errors already. Josh Bradford only lost one match while Brian Dedmon lost none.)

Coach Gonyea

Coach did dedmon not lose to the kid from Franklin in ot

Coach did dedmon not lose to the kid from Franklin in ot

That was Adam Dedmon. One of the three triplets I have. Brian and Pher though lost no matches. Adam was winning most of that match until one bad tilt put him towards his back(He was wrestling Heacock). Also, Adam had to have his whole right hand taped and his thumb isolated due to a cut thumb tip. That limited mobility really handicapped him, but he handled Heacock very well.

That was Adam Dedmon. One of the three triplets I have. Brian and Pher though lost no matches. Adam was winning most of that match until one bad tilt put him towards his back(He was wrestling Heacock). Also, Adam had to have his whole right hand taped and his thumb isolated due to a cut thumb tip. That limited mobility really handicapped him, but he handled Heacock very well.

Are the brothers as good as this triplet...b/c they could of just had easy matches...if they are seniors i do not se either of them on the bracket for state last year....