Nd And Knox Catholic

superdog

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What's the line on tonights ND - Knox Catholic game? Despite the scores I think ND had the easier game last night. I'm taking Catholic 3-2.

Should be an interesting match. Hard to figure on paper, and I have not seen either play. Catholic has definately played the easier schedule (Opponent record 152/146/27)and appeares to be a high scoring machine 124 goals (this may be the high this year?), but Notre Dame went the other way (tough scheule) by playing Baylor, JPII, Tullahoma, Science Hill, Centennial, plus a few rounds with CCS! It looks like they have only scored about 50 goals all season, so much lower scoring (especially if you take a 13 - 0 win out!)

Soooo...can the Catholic scoring machine produce against a "battle hardened" Notre Dame...and if not, can Notre Dame find the net to get a win? I think my vote is for playing the tougher schedule...I think Notre Dame will get the win!

Edited by flashgordon

Both teams appear to be solid on both ends of the field. I am giving an extra goal to Catholic's offense. Catholic certainly didn't play as strong of a schedule as ND but they beat Bearden in the CCS tournament and Farragut in a shortened game at the jamboree. They both looked tough last night. Should be a good game.

Of those team who did ND beat? Who did they play close?

Loss 2-6 JPII

Loss 0-2 Farragut

loss 1-2 Ottawea(sp)

loss 0-3 Father Ryan

Loss 1-2 Hutchinson

Loss 0-2 Baylor

Tie 0-0 Tullahoma

Win 2-1 Science Hill

Gps 1-1 tie

CCS Loss 2-4 won 1-0 Loss 1-2

Win Ottahwea (sp) 3-1

Edited by coachof3

I dont no how good catholic is but i no that if notre dame plays like they did aginst madison they will get crushed. but i am going for nd all the way! jamie coopers is a good midfielder and magie L. is a good defender. They also have a pretty good keeper that is fearless. but they got to work together as a team and pull threw with a victory. ND I got soccer practice so tell me who wins the game!

Edited by Mr.Midfield

What's the line on tonights ND - Knox Catholic game? Despite the scores I think ND had the easier game last night. I'm taking Catholic 3-2.

I don't believe that ND had the easier game. Their first score game against a freshman keeper that just misread the ball in the corner.

The second score happened with 13 seconds in the first half by a bad throw-in by Madison

The PK came about in the 2nd half because one of the girls for Notre Dame kept running her mouth and no. 4 for Madison told her to call her a b#it#h one more time and she was going to pay for it. She did and got hammered inside the box. The star player #21 for Norte Dame never scored. She was on the ground several times and #11 was on the ground several times. You take away the bad throwin and the PK, It was a 1-0 game. Notre Dame tried to score in the second half (besides the PK) and could not do it. Madison's freshman keeper did a heck of a job. The whole defense did.

Don't get me wrong, ND has a heck of a team. A good passing team. I would like to know how many plays club ball in the off season. Excellent passing team.

But to say that ND had a easy game, that is not right to say. In fact, Madison might have wore #21 and #11 down for tonight's game. I hope not. I believe ND has a chance of winning it all.