Phil Weatherford Is The Best Shooting Guard In The Nation

aj rodriguez

Phil is money from three point land IF he’s open. He doesn’t shoot well in traffic which is why 75% of his shots will be from the three point line. SOFT …. Maybe not the word that I would use but he’s defiantly not a guard that’s going to put the ball on the floor and take it strong to the basket. And this will limit his effectiveness against teams that have the athletes to play the Cougars straight up man to man (South, Science Hill, DB, THS).

your just another hater. he scored the winning basket at the buzzer last night on a drive to the basket for a layup. 75% FROM THE 3 POINT LINE AND MAKE 50% IS NOT BAD. YOU KNOW HE IS THE BEST 3 POINT SHOOTER AND YOU TRY TO COME UP WITH SOMETHING TO SAY BAD ABOUT HIM. WATCH HIM PLAY THIS YEAR AND THEN WE WILL NOT HERE FROM YOU ANYMORE

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

your just another hater. he scored the winning basket at the buzzer last night on a drive to the basket for a layup. 75% FROM THE 3 POINT LINE AND MAKE 50% IS NOT BAD. YOU KNOW HE IS THE BEST 3 POINT SHOOTER AND YOU TRY TO COME UP WITH SOMETHING TO SAY BAD ABOUT HIM. WATCH HIM PLAY THIS YEAR AND THEN WE WILL NOT HERE FROM YOU ANYMORE

I’ve watched Phillip for several years now … I know his game! Don’t get me wrong I’m not haten on Phil. As a matter of face I think Central should have tapped in on his talents before last year.

The fact is that he’s not going to get the same looks at the basket in this conference that he was able to get last year. He’ll need to take more shots off the dribble as appose to standing at the three point line with his feet set waiting on the pass.

I’ve watched Phillip for several years now … I know his game! Don’t get me wrong I’m not haten on Phil. As a matter of face I think Central should have tapped in on his talents before last year.

The fact is that he’s not going to get the same looks at the basket in this conference that he was able to get last year. He’ll need to take more shots off the dribble as appose to standing at the three point line with his feet set waiting on the pass.

First of all, he contributed quite a bit as a sophomore. Coming off the bench, he helped get them to a substate game, where they only lost by 6 I think against Fulton.

Second of all, Phil can shoot the three very effectively off the dribble and he can take it to the hole..he might not do it as much he should..but he can play that type of game too.

Third of all, quit haiting and learn to keep your mouth shut if you don't know what you're talking about.

Wofford was recruiting both Phil and Gabe at one time. I know they are not real powerhouses in college basketball but they are in the Southern Conference. Bolivar was the best team in the state last year, maybe one of the better in the country. If it was another team I would have been pretty dissapointed but I wasn't too impressed by too many other teams besides them, Raleigh Egypt, and Jackson North Side.

Hey folks, the key phrase in this post is AT ONE TIME. Phil is a good shooter, maybe even a great shooter. But it takes being a complete basketball player to play D-1 ball, and complete he is not. How many points did he have in the Jamboree against East? Elizabethton's Nave can play at both ends of the floor and can score in the paint if need be. Same for Omar Wattad. And how about that Snapp boy from East. No one from Central seemed to be able to stop this SOPHMORE from getting in the lane. He was beating them off the dribble like they had rocks in their shoes. Wasn't he guarding big Phil? How many did he score again? Come on guys, lets be serious here. Its great that you all are behind your players like you are, but do your team a favor, don't fill their head with this garbage. They begin to believe they can shoot their way to a win and not have to play any defense.

I can't sleep so I'm gonna call you an idiot.

No one could stop Snapp from getting in the lane? What the heck are you talking about? He only had one bucket in the lane Mr. Know It All Net Preps man. And that shot, was a prayer.

Oh, and Phil doesn't read this crap.

Call me an idiot. But see I actually understand the game of basketball. Seems you do not have that luxury. I understand that GETTING the ball into the lane, and SCORING in the lane are two different things. I understand that by getting the ball into the lane causes the defense to collapse which in turn creates open looks for other players. In example, thats why the kid from East had about 8 assists and the shooting guard had six 3's. I can understand why you are posting on here and not playing. So no, I do not know it all, but I'm not the one claiming I do. Tell Coach Vaughn he made a good choice by sending you home after the first day of tryouts.

Call me an idiot. But see I actually understand the game of basketball. Seems you do not have that luxury. I understand that GETTING the ball into the lane, and SCORING in the lane are two different things. I understand that by getting the ball into the lane causes the defense to collapse which in turn creates open looks for other players. In example, thats why the kid from East had about 8 assists and the shooting guard had six 3's. I can understand why you are posting on here and not playing. So no, I do not know it all, but I'm not the one claiming I do. Tell Coach Vaughn he made a good choice by sending you home after the first day of tryouts.

That's not what you said. You didn't say get the ball into the lane...but it's cool because I didn't realize you were James Nasmith and know everything about basketball.

And did I claim I know it all? No. But I know you're an idiot.

And you're wrong. I got cut after the 2nd day of tryouts. Get it right NetFag.