Gomab Player Rankings?

redandwhiteforever

i hope you get on coach t after the first Grace Temple game this year.... Seth may score 20...but Grace will score at least 60-70... no one on temple's team will make up the difference.

couldn't we also say who cares about football during basketball season??

I guess time will tell if anyone else on Temple's team will "make up the difference".

You obviously are clueless of what kind of talent Temple has this year.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is just my point. He does not see all the players he ranks, or he sees them once and others many times, he has admitted this in the past. So he sees a player once, and the kid doesn't impress, maybe a bad game, or playing injured, and he is forever behind kids that he can run circles around but that Gomab sees often, or kids that played for his AAU team and they DEFINATELY have an advantage. Again, that is completely understandable. My problem is that people pay attention to this stuff and whereas it helps some kids, it also hurts others.

I believe you are right IOWNYOU..I 'm pretty sure it's a lot to keep up with..And I believe you are right about the players that are on his A.A.U. team are ranked a little higher...

All I will say on the subject is this:

Whether you agree or disagree with my rankings or opinions: fine. But to say that the rankings "hurt some players" is ridiculous. My rankings, showcases, etc (in addition to my AAU program) has helped countless kids get scholarships to continue their education in College. I have yet to ever see my opinion "hurt" a kid's chances. I had Dane Bradshaw ranked lower than anyone else did, but what did that hurt? Bradshaw still has a scholarship at UT. Boomer Herndon still played two years at UT, and now has a full ride at Belmont with a chance at being an All Conference player. People disagreed that I had Reginald Delk ahead of Jamont Gordon, but it seems to me that both are on full rides at Miss State. My rankings have not negatively affected any kids' recruitment, and I obviously don't talk negative to colleges about prospects.

It seems to me that those that don't like my rankings or what I do, simply are upset that I have a certain player ranked too low. And for that reason, if you don't like the rankings, then simple: you don't have to read them.

Oh, and I have not seen Lake Co play, though I do hope to watch them this year. I have 6 or 7 connections from that area that update me on that district, and give me unbiased opinions on some of Lake Co's players. I did get a chance to see Brandon Springer this summer, and came away impressed with his athleticism, long arms, and smooth outside shot...

Thanks Gomab....I was just wondering if you actually see the players you have ranked and if you hadn't was they left out of the rankings....I'm not saying any of our players should even be ranked ..I was just wondering how you actually rank players..Every one is going to disagree on someone that we may think should be on your list or a little higher...but based on what I have seen for the most pard..you do a great job and I 'm sure it's a lot of hard work..Thanks for replying..

Redandwhite you seem to know a lot about what happens over at Grace. Are you a player, coach or just a dedicated fan? Not trying to get anything started, just a sincere question.

dedicated fan/student, i watch a ton of high school basketball not just Grace. I like to see every team in the city play at least once.

Well there was a coach at Graces practice from a little school in knoxville and he hadnt even heard of a school named "Temple" And Ill make sure Grace gets your memo about stopping seth and he should score 20 points a game cause he will shoot it 50 times. And not everytime, Joey struggled greatly in baseball against grace

:lol:

He was obviously from a very "little school" in knoxville- doesn't take but a brief glance at single a basketball to know about temple- the guy must be deaf and illiterate... and Joey struggling against grace in baseball- the kid was and eigth grader...are you really brining that up?

UT and Stanford for basketball, Alabama for football... sounds like Temple athletes should start having unlisted numbers. They seem to get alot of prank callers.

You are a poor pathetic former grace player who likes to get on here and talk trash about the skogans....and I think that is fine- people always take aim for those on top- people's hatred and attempts to discredit simply prove that they are the best- I don't know your name- probably no one in the city every did- no one hates on you b/c you were never good enough to be hated on....

Schula talked with Steve Beard (Temple's football coach) about seth.Tennessee and Stanford have been in contact with seth personally as well as Coach Wadley.

He was obviously from a very "little school" in knoxville- doesn't take but a brief glance at single a basketball to know about temple- the guy must be deaf and illiterate... and Joey struggling against grace in baseball- the kid was and eigth grader...are you really brining that up?

haha i only brought up baseball due to the comment made earlier about how Grace is skogans biggest fan because they ALWAYS do good. And im just saying what the coach said... dont forget there is a new coaching staff in knoxville.

All I will say on the subject is this:

Whether you agree or disagree with my rankings or opinions: fine. But to say that the rankings "hurt some players" is ridiculous. My rankings, showcases, etc (in addition to my AAU program) has helped countless kids get scholarships to continue their education in College. I have yet to ever see my opinion "hurt" a kid's chances. I had Dane Bradshaw ranked lower than anyone else did, but what did that hurt? Bradshaw still has a scholarship at UT. Boomer Herndon still played two years at UT, and now has a full ride at Belmont with a chance at being an All Conference player. People disagreed that I had Reginald Delk ahead of Jamont Gordon, but it seems to me that both are on full rides at Miss State. My rankings have not negatively affected any kids' recruitment, and I obviously don't talk negative to colleges about prospects.

It seems to me that those that don't like my rankings or what I do, simply are upset that I have a certain player ranked too low. And for that reason, if you don't like the rankings, then simple: you don't have to read them.

Oh, and I have not seen Lake Co play, though I do hope to watch them this year. I have 6 or 7 connections from that area that update me on that district, and give me unbiased opinions on some of Lake Co's players. I did get a chance to see Brandon Springer this summer, and came away impressed with his athleticism, long arms, and smooth outside shot...

Gomab, that is a great response you should be a politician, cuz you didn't deal with the real question, just gave an answer to another question. I will vote for you! The fact is you don't see all the kids but you rank them as if you do. No one else ranks them because they can't, they don't have the time to see everyone, but then again, neither do you, but that doesn't stop you. It DOES hurt the kids you rank low, the kids you haven't seen or only once... and people read this and make judgments. I have been at all star games where your rankings are put in the program, so someone thinks you know what you are talking about.

Your arguement begs the question, you present a logical fallacy, if I give you an example, you say that I am just mad because "my guy" didn't rank as high. If I don't give you an example then you say, that you are right, because I can't give an example. You have framed the discussion so that you can't lose...at least not in the eyes of those who haven't taken logic 101.

If you are going to do this, then you have to be responsible...how can you rank kids you have not seen, or seen only once? You know you do this, don't ask for an example for then we will have to fall into the former paragraph. There are those on here who are very impressed with your work, and then there are those who know better.