Gomab Player Rankings?

redandwhiteforever

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish all these people from temple and grace would bring the ideals and philosophies of the Christian schools they are representing to these boards. It is a shame the way are dragging there school's through the mud and fighting amongst themselves for everyone to see.

what are you talking about- grace and temple are rivals- and extremely competitive- what is wrong with that- can Xns not trash talk? and try to beat each other in sports?? Pursue excellence in everything....that is a Xn ideal and I think that grace as well as temple seek to do just that. (although i would say that grace does a much better job of trying to pursue excellence...temple's support of their sports is quite pathetic- look at what grace has for their football team in 2 years compared to temple...who has had a program for 4 years..-1 year was a middle school program only-)

what are you talking about- grace and temple are rivals- and extremely competitive- what is wrong with that- can Xns not trash talk? and try to beat each other in sports?? Pursue excellence in everything....that is a Xn ideal and I think that grace as well as temple seek to do just that. (although i would say that grace does a much better job of trying to pursue excellence...temple's support of their sports is quite pathetic- look at what grace has for their football team in 2 years compared to temple...who has had a program for 4 years..-1 year was a middle school program only-)

Thank you for backing Temple and Grace's rivalry up, but this is a stupid post. You are bringing football in to this and money. Why? I do not know.This is about basketball.In fact, it is about individual players. Money has nothing to do with pursuing excellence. My school may not be able to dish out $100K+ for a football field, but I am doing my part as a loyal fan to back up our players and all they do. Don't tell me some other school is doing a better job of "pursuing excellence". It's not like the students have say on what money is spent on. THE PLAYERS are the one's who pursue excellence by going out there and working their tales off with all that they have( BECAUSE THEY KNOW THEY DON"T HAVE THE GREATEST FACILITIES). Pursuing excellence? I believe our guys are doing just that by maintaining a good season, showing class, and going to the first round of tournaments in football. They have no football field, yet they achieved a decent season. The players do their best with what little they have.

Now back to what this thread is really about...

Edited by PBG030

Thank you for backing Temple and Grace's rivalry up, but this is a stupid post. You are bringing football in to this and money. Why? I do not know.This is about basketball.In fact, it is about individual players. Money has nothing to do with pursuing excellence. My school may not be able to dish out $100K+ for a football field, but I am doing my part as a loyal fan to back up our players and all they do. Don't tell me some other school is doing a better job of "pursuing excellence". It's not like the students have say on what money is spent on. THE PLAYERS are the one's who pursue excellence by going out there and working their tales off with all that they have( BECAUSE THEY KNOW THEY DON"T HAVE THE GREATEST FACILITIES). Pursuing excellence? I believe our guys are doing just that by maintaining a good season, showing class, and going to the first round of tournaments in football. They have no football field, yet they achieved a decent season. The players do their best with what little they have.

Now back to what this thread is really about...

Grace has raised money through boster club.. its not like we have money just waiting to spend.

In fact I do see most of the players I have ranked. In addition, I have legitimate contacts from each side of the state, whose opinions I value. AAU/summer ball also gives me a great way to see kids, as most top players play AAU/Summer ball. Then throw in my Showcases, which have attracted 108, 104, and 58 at the last three-- this gives me a great opportunity to see kids that want more exposure...

What confuses me often is the flack I get for not ranking a kid "correctly" here or there, but no one seems to notice the sleepers that I rank that end up being steals at the next level, where no one else gave credit to these kids. How about Josh Peppers from Memphis ('03), who finished in my Top 3, where no one else gave a sniff of pub to, after he attended an event I had- all he has done is lead his D-1 college in scoring, and position himself for an All-Conference Selection. Or Brian Fisk- same scenario, also Top 3 in that class, also potential All-Conference pick. What about Tyler Troupe, whom was completely unknown among recruiting circles before the summer before his senior year, where I ranked him Top 15 in a tough class, before moving him even higher. Troupe blossomed late, and is going to be a heck of a college player. Oh, but he played for me??? I ranked him high before he ever put on a Ballerz jersey. And did it never occur to anyone that it's not that I rank my players high after they play for me, but rather I go after very talented players??? Common sense. And what about Jaycean Herring??? Another unknown among recruiting circles who jumped into my Top 6 or so in his class, and may start this year as a freshman. People could not believe I ranked Reiley Ervin and Courtney Pigram so high after a summer with the Ballerz, before their senior seasons. It had to be because they played for me right? Well, they ended up both garnering another State Championship, with Pigram garnering Mr. Basketball finalsist and Ervin State MVP honors along the way to Division 1 scholarships... Gerald Robinson of MLK will be next on this list, after his coming out party at the last Showcase...

And the list could go on and on...

And to say I didn't respond on my last post was ridiculous as well. I even brought up examples of how me ranking a player "too low" had no effect whatsoever on the kids college of choice....

And if a player ever wants more exposure and/or more pub from me, and doesn't feel he got a fair shot during high school ball, then we have multiple Showcases throughout the year, open to everybody, where kids can prove it (again) on the court...

One last thing: I too am confused that even on this thread, another Temple-Grace battle broke out. Temple has an unbelievable program, and Grace is going to have a fantastic year, but come on guys- can we please have one thread about something else? Gracias

my only point in saying those things was to take a pot-shot at temple's faculty and administration- not the kids PBG who do pursue excellence, but the people around that place who don't equip them with the necessaries... so it was not a stupid post- unrelated-yes...but I was making an unrelated point- that was my intention.

Gomab, you do a good job. You definitely give kids exposure when they would not under normal cirmustances. Hey if someone else wants to put a list together let them. Its easy to criticize the author, but can you write your own book. I don't see anyone alse putting the time and effort you do into it. Again keep doing what you do. Ignore the haters. Everybody wants their player to be ranked high or is the best player in the world. You ranked Demarco Polk(who played for you ballerz team) high who went on to be Mr. Basketball and led his team to the state tourney. There are numerous examples. People will only pigeonhole the few negative aspects. Keep up the good work. Of course I always rank Whites Creek players high, I am definitely biased, but I won't criticize you for not ranking them as high as I do. All I can do is lobby in there favor.

And the list could go on and on...

And to say I didn't respond on my last post was ridiculous as well. I even brought up examples of how me ranking a player "too low" had no effect whatsoever on the kids college of choice....

And if a player ever wants more exposure and/or more pub from me, and doesn't feel he got a fair shot during high school ball, then we have multiple Showcases throughout the year, open to everybody, where kids can prove it (again) on the court...

One last thing: I too am confused that even on this thread, another Temple-Grace battle broke out. Temple has an unbelievable program, and Grace is going to have a fantastic year, but come on guys- can we please have one thread about something else? Gracias

HOORAH!!