Antioch

mr.giggliefly33

I think Antioch controls the game with a good running game....Cole (9) is a man among boys. When you see him you WILL understand what I'm saying. If he played for any other team in the state he would be the feature back...size and strength to match. I was impressed by them anyways..A real hard hitting team. I think of all games in round 1 between 5-6 this has the potential to be the best to watch. IMO I give the edge to Antioch...Close 17-14...

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You must believe that the Antioch head coach will come up with a scheme that will insure defeat. He is a proven play-off loser, and luck will not help the team.

Does anyone know the play- off record. I remind you that getting into the play-offs is tuff in most regions, and all teams want to have a chance to win a state championship. You must WIN your way into the play-offs, but only one team in each class will end the season totally happy.

Shadow,

Do 50% of the teams in most regions not qualify for the playoffs? I agree that you have to win your way into the playoffs but only winning 50% of your region games is not that difficult. When you 1st started coaching and had to win your district to go to the playoffs, now that was difficult.

That is a correct statement, and if that was not tuff enough, you had to play another district champ in your first playoff game. A few years later they took 2 teams from your district, and matched 1s vs 2s in the first round, still very tuff game. The format now may seem to have too many teams, but I think at the end you have true champions, and the more weeks high school football is talked about and written about helps the GAME.

So I'm the prince of Denmark now? You know Hamlet isn't an autobiography right? (A guy named Wm. Shakespeare actually wrote the play) That Williamson Co. education really sank in, huh?

I'm quite aware that Shakespeare wrote that. You are aware, however, that it's not written in dutch, right? It's written in Old english, which is what you were using. Would you rather have me call you Henry V? Maybe Macbeth? Haha, you're such a joke. A sad little joke.

I'm quite aware that Shakespeare wrote that. You are aware, however, that it's not written in dutch, right? It's written in Old english, which is what you were using. Would you rather have me call you Henry V? Maybe Macbeth? Haha, you're such a joke. A sad little joke.

I don't see where I said that the play was written in Dutch. Hamlet's father was the king of Denmark...making him the prince. Your knowledge is the joke kicker boy. Excuse me..... back up kicker boy. By the way, I guess you also know that they don't speak dutch in Denmark, right?

Edited by got rio?

I have not seen Antioch play, but my question is What would your predictions be if Antioch was playing Ravenwood or Brentwood? Franklin should have beaten Ravenwood (lost 2 OT's Ravenwood went for 2) Bentwood beat Franklin on 3 fieldgoals( I think all were 35t Yards). Final 9-7

I sure most people would say Ravenwood and Brentwood by 14 pts.

To answer the question I think Antioch will have a short playoff run.

I have not seen Antioch play, but my question is What would your predictions be if Antioch was playing Ravenwood or Brentwood? Franklin should have beaten Ravenwood (lost 2 OT's Ravenwood went for 2) Bentwood beat Franklin on 3 fieldgoals( I think all were 35t Yards). Final 9-7

I sure most people would say Ravenwood and Brentwood by 14 pts.

To answer the question I think Antioch will have a short playoff run.

Remember, Antioch came within a dropped punt snap from sending Franklin home in the playoffs last year, at Franklin. I think Franklin may outcoach Antioch, but I would not be surprised if Antioch wins this game. Preston Brown and Trey Cole are loads to try and tackle. Rashard Rogers is another solid guy with the rock in his hands. They are a physical, physical football team with a ton of speed across the board. Which brings me to the quoted post above, I think Brentwood would beat Antioch because they are a pretty tough, physical football team, as well as being possibly the best coached team in Tennessee. But I truly believe that Ravenwood would have a pretty hard time beating a team like Antioch, as long as the Bears don't lose the turnover battle. Antioch the type of team that can matchup outside on the WR's with Deondre Gibson and Company while still being athletic enough to play the run against Williams. Physically, Antioch looks like a less-refined Riverdale with those tall, rangy D-End's and speed in the secondary. Maybe this season, without the expectations of the past two years, they can make a serious run. I actually like their bracket.

I don't see where I said that the play was written in Dutch. Hamlet's father was the king of Denmark...making him the prince. Your knowledge is the joke kicker boy. Excuse me..... back up kicker boy. By the way, I guess you also know that they don't speak dutch in Denmark, right?

Sigh, such a joke. I love how you can be such a tough guy when you're behind a computer. It takes a real man to insult someone over the internet. What's even better is that it's jerks like you that make football players and fans alike come off as egotistical jerks. But, not my problem. Last time I checked, I've got plenty of other things to do than to poorly try to degrade someone with back up kicker jokes. Apparently you don't. That, sir, is why you are a joke.