District 8a

mjca00

My top five look like this:

1. Gordonsville- good guards back, lost little, with Van Buren gone should be able to take advantage.

2. Westmoreland- just a hunch, coach graves is good.

3. Friendship- they will find help somewhere.

4. Mt. Juliet Christian- gotta have faith in my boys.

5. Trousdale- I would look for an upset or two out of them.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My top five look like this:

1. Gordonsville- good guards back, lost little, with Van Buren gone should be able to take advantage.

2. Westmoreland- just a hunch, coach graves is good.

3. Friendship- they will find help somewhere.

4. <a href='http://www.coacht.com/inside/team.cfm?SchoolID=356&SportID=3' target='_blank'>Mt. Juliet Christian</a>- gotta have faith in my boys.

5. Trousdale- I would look for an upset or two out of them.

I would switch mt. juliet & trousdale.

WIDE OPEN: ANYONE COULD WIN (EXCEPT MAYBE MERROL HYDE: UNKNOWN)

NO ORDER

FCS: ALWAYS QUICK WITH GOOD "D"

GORDONSVILLE: SOLID GUARD PLAY

MJCA: BIG / GOOD POST PLAY

WESTMORELAND: OVER 500 STUDENTS / SOMEBODY SHOULD BE GOOD

WATERTOWN: NEW COACH / NEW PLAYERS / WHO KNOWS

TROUSDALE COUNTY: ALWAYS HAS GOOD ATHLETES

MERROL HYDE: ?

FUN DISTRICT TO WATCH. NOT AS GOOD AS 7A BUT WILL HAVE GOOD MATCHUPS W/ ITSELF.

1. friendship -- good guards and a decent post player

2. gordonsville -- good guards but unsure how they will rebound

2. westmoreland -- high-energy rebounder and two proven guards

2. trousdale -- athletically the best but you never know what you are going to get

3. mt juliet christian -- big kid back (soph) should be leading scorer but guard play in question

4. watertown -- only team with proven big man (6'6 or taller senior)

Was a witness to friendship this summer and they had a good camp and won a lot.

also heard trousdale play celina, preseason state pick, to one point.

believe top to bottom region 8 is stronger with region 7 being top heavy (pickett and celina and maybe rbs).

I don't know about it being stronger than 7a, but 7a could possibly sweep the region again this year just like last year...Last year No team really Give Pickett or Clay any good game...the only really good game came in the region championship when Pickett and Clay played each other...as far as the district goes i'm gonna go with Gordonsville with FCS in second and Westmorland and Trousdale Co behind them 2...

I don't know about it being stronger than 7a, but 7a could possibly sweep the region again this year just like last year...Last year No team really Give Pickett or Clay any good game...the only really good game came in the region championship when Pickett and Clay played each other...as far as the district goes i'm gonna go with Gordonsville with FCS in second and Westmorland and Trousdale Co behind them 2...

im saying top to bottom. after celina and pickett whose left. rbs without meador. yes celina and pickett are probably 1-2 in the region but after that i believe the rest is made up of 8a. plus, lately 8a has made a push on 7a for region titles and runners up so dont count on it being a 7a region final.

Edited by ninetyone-zero

Nice to hear that the teams in District 7A can compete in basketball. They have provided nothing to the Region 4 in football or baseball. I seem to remember FC going to Celina last year and beating them there in early December before falling apart down the stretch.

believe top to bottom region 8 is stronger with region 7 being top heavy (pickett and celina and maybe rbs).

RBS will not be close to the top in 7A.

...Last year No team really Give Pickett or Clay any good game...the only really good game came in the region championship when Pickett and Clay played each other...

Not true, the van buren-clay contest was an extremely good game in the region semis with the eagle jumping out early only to go cold in the second half and watch it slip away.

I seem to remember FC going to Celina last year and beating them there in early December before falling apart down the stretch.

FC did not fall apart, but rather struggled to find themselves after losing their starting post player Teeter to injury. Any team would struggle some after losing such a key core player.