All-tournament Team

col

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes JPII is a very good team, and score 5 goals on them. However, it was 1-0 when there sweeper was taken out cause she rolled her ankle. JPII is also in a higher divison then FRA.

JP2 is more than a very good team, they were a much better team than FRA when they played head to head. I understand injuries hamper many teams, but if one injury on one player has such a drastic impact I would wonder about the strength of the TEAM ;) Edited by GREG141

JP2 is more than a very good team, they were a much better team than FRA when they played head to head. I understand injuries hamper many teams, but if one injury on one player has such a drastic impact I would wonder about the strength of the TEAM :thumb:

Why can't JP2 let other teams enjoy their success? FRA has had a great season(s) and they should be really proud and excited! Why should they have to compare themselves to a team that isn't even in their division? Maybe JP2 should be more gracious about their own success and concentrate on building for next year!

Why can't JP2 let other teams enjoy their success? FRA has had a great season(s) and they should be really proud and excited! Why should they have to compare themselves to a team that isn't even in their division? Maybe JP2 should be more gracious about their own success and concentrate on building for next year!

I agree totally. FRA and JPII are both excellent programs. I support FRA and am incredibly proud of their accomplishments. Yes it was painful to lose to JPII and it is a fact that we will never know the outcome of that match if everyone on FRA's bench had been healthy before and during the game. I suspect, however, that as good as FRA's defense is, they could not have stopped a very talented JPII from winning in the end.

I have no bitterness toward JPII. After that game, FRA licked their wounds and the loss made them all the more determined not to let that happen again.

Congratulations JPII and FRA on an AMAZING season! Middle Tennessee soccer was so proudly represented by both of these fine programs with TWO State Champions!!! :thumb:

It would agree with Flash on this one, such an effort over such a long period of time deserves special recognition :thumb:

The effort becomes even more impressive when you consider that FRA lost its returning goalkeeper, Kate Woodard, the goalie on last year's state championship team, to a very serious pancreas injury in a pre-season scrimmage against Franklin. The current goalkeeper moved into goal from a field position and obviously did extremely well.

Take Grace Lawson out of the PJPII lineup and they will be a different team.

They would still be one of the top teams in the state but they don't beat Baylor 3-0.

Of course this is all speculation.

CCS tied PJPII 0-0. FRA beat CCS. Sounds pretty even to me.

Again, this could go round and round. PJPII was one of the best team at the state tournament. (Best in A/AA and DII in my opinion) Didnt see any AAA.

Take Grace Lawson out of the PJPII lineup and they will be a different team.

They would still be one of the top teams in the state but they don't beat Baylor 3-0.

Of course this is all speculation.

CCS tied PJPII 0-0. FRA beat CCS. Sounds pretty even to me.

Again, this could go round and round. PJPII was one of the best team at the state tournament. (Best in A/AA and DII in my opinion) Didnt see any AAA.

I am sure, I can find games where there is a common opponent with FRA and JPII; and JPII may have beaten them by more goals. By the way, JPII outshot CCS 26 to 3 and it was their game to win or lose, on that day, they could not buy the net. It does not prove anything, the only thing that counts is the head to head match. All I want to say is that both programs are very good and they both won their respective Divisions in the State. I will say that FRA did an outstanding job defending their title by shutting out their opponents during their last 9 games but to be fair I believe that JPII had a more difficult task of getting through a very tough DIV II regional and state tournament. JPII remove all the monkeys on their backs this season by beating Father Ryan twice and the 4-time State Champs Baylor High School.

I just wish everyone would stay positive, the season is now over!!

B)

It's my opinion that Meagen Forrester is the best player on the JPII team and the best player in TN that I have seen this year (granted I haven't seen them all. Against Baylor Sat. she completlye controlled the middle of the field and laid off ball after ball to the forwards.

u r right megan is the best player on the team she had many accomplishments in her high school career...she made all state last year and didn't even play half the season....not takin ne thing away from grace cause she is an amazing player to just not as good as megan imo...