Hardin County @ Memphis East

VolunteerGeneral

This will be a tough, tough test for Hardin County in the first round. Memphis East seems to be a very strong team this year. They are averaging over 40 points a game while giving up only 8.7. Their only loss was way back in week 2 to Melrose by a score of 13-6. I`m not so sure that they might be better than Melorose at this point. They hung 70 points on Raleigh Egypt last night.This was a week after JCM beat RE 26-0 and two weeks after Melrose beat RE 26-7. Hardin County has some playmakers, but their offensive line is absolutely gonna have to give Milligan some time throw and the receivers are gonna have to hang on to the ball. Milligan is a great QB. With the exception of a few plays JCM had the Hardin County recievers covered very well, but Milligan knows how to make that throw in tight coverage to a spot where only his receiver has a shot to catch the ball. Plus Milligan has to be smart enough to take what the defense gives him. Several times against JCM he had some open field to gain substantial yards but elected to throw deep into tight coverage instead. If he has some open field he needs to tuck it and run IMO. Take the for sure yards and keep the clock moving and out of the hands of East.

Good luck to Hardin County. Take it to em!

btw...does anyone know where Hardin County`s kicker from last year Tyler Lorenz ended up at college. I`m assuming he is playing college ball somewhere. That kid was good.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I`m sure Hardin County fans will love this news. The papar had Raleigh Egypt`s offensive stats against East.

RE passed for a total of 3 yards. and rushed for (-29). That`s a negative total for the night (-26) total yards of offense.

VG, i was at the JCM RE game and JCM did not play very well, 12-0 late in the 3rd qtr. 26-0 with a poor performance from JCM, This is not an insult to JCM, but they should have beat RE by 70. JCM had like 5 ints and only 26 points. RE seems to be struglling reallly bad right now. Memphis East does seem to be hot right now and rolling but, I look at teams like Memphis NS, Kingsbury, RE, 4-5 wins among them, not tough to get healthy offensively there. I am sure it would be a nice matchup between Melrose and East, Similar to the nice matchup of HC and JCM. Good luck Region 7

VG, i was at the JCM RE game and JCM did not play very well, 12-0 late in the 3rd qtr. 26-0 with a poor performance from JCM, This is not an insult to JCM, but they should have beat RE by 70. JCM had like 5 ints and only 26 points. RE seems to be struglling reallly bad right now. Memphis East does seem to be hot right now and rolling but, I look at teams like Memphis NS, Kingsbury, RE, 4-5 wins among them, not tough to get healthy offensively there. I am sure it would be a nice matchup between Melrose and East, Similar to the nice matchup of HC and JCM. Good luck Region 7

prophet...several things here.

No insult taken. I`m rather encouraged that you see the talent that is there. Thanks.

It was actually 4 interceptions.

East actually did score 70 on them and that`s scary.

I think East may be the best team in all of West TN right now.

and last..you need to fork up 12 bucks and be a plus member for a year. You could have PM`d me and let me know you were coming. I would have enjoyed sitting with you and discussing the game. Take the lead from Drewcephus. He is a plus member and we ended up phoning each other with updates from Friday`s game.

Milligan is out with a broken foot. He did it in the first quarter of the JCM game and played on it the rest of the game. Gutsy performance in a huge game.

Yes it was. I had heard it was right before halftime though. (from a Hardin fan after the game) Still though he made a great run in the 2nd half. My hats off to Adam. I really hate to hear he got hurt. He is an awesome athlete, both in football AND baseball. Adam, I wish you a very speedy recovery..right after baseball season... :thumb: j/k!

Well, if the injury is true, there is no way Hardin beats East except for a miracle. Milligan was just too integral for HC`s success. If you take him out of the JCM game it is not even close.