Region 5 Vs. 6 5-a

Verb58

Gallatin will have no problem with DC....just play a solid game and move on to the next round.

Ravenwood and Overton....I am not sure about. Havent seen Ravenwood any this season, but ive seen Overton twice. They have a quick running back that can make plays. Saw something of a passing game as well.

Brentwood vs McGavock....My previous post about this game I still believe in. Everyone will be taking Brentwood, cause they are supposed to win. This game...im not sure about that.

Antioch and Franklin...Franklin has had problems with 5-5A in the past from my perspective... Squeeked by Antioch last year 10-7, year before that had to comeback against Hunters Lane and then go to OT with Hendersonville.

Brown and Cole are their main offensive weapons. Look for Cole to get most of the carries inside the 20. Brown will get his carries, and his yards...a very elusive back that loves to spin. Cole just pounds it up the middle. Takes about 4 guys to bring him down. I think Franklin has what it takes to stop their running game and come out with a win.

It doesnt matter how much u beat a team by, or how long it takes to beat em. the fact of the matter is that franklin hasnt lost to a 5-5A team since they lost to Hendersonville some 4 years ago when HHS made it to state. Problems? Wouldnt call that a problem. would call that dominating region 5. Dont know what will happen this year because i have not seen much of Franklin and any at all of Antioch. But if Franklin plays like they know how to play, an dont come out soft against a good Antioch team, they should be able to pull it off

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It doesnt matter how much u beat a team by, or how long it takes to beat em. the fact of the matter is that franklin hasnt lost to a 5-5A team since they lost to Hendersonville some 4 years ago when HHS made it to state. Problems? Wouldnt call that a problem. would call that dominating region 5. Dont know what will happen this year because i have not seen much of Franklin and any at all of Antioch. But if Franklin plays like they know how to play, an dont come out soft against a good Antioch team, they should be able to pull it off

Simply put, Franklin knows quite well how to stop a team that just runs the ball. Plug the box with 9(or sometimes even 10) men and there goes Antioch's offense!

Lets also be reminded that 2 years ago the best team in region 5 was denied the playoffs.....and 4 years ago Gallatin went down and beat Brentwood who was supposed to kill us what was it 42-0 like some said on here. You have to win more than just the last couple of years to be considered dominanting in my book. If you want I will give you the records of Gallatin versus all of the teams from region 6 that are in the playoffs, then you will see dominance!! Only Ravenwood can boast otherwise.

Gallatin wins against Dickson Co.

Franklin wins against Antioch

Brentwood wins against McGavock

Ravenwood wins against Overton

Lets also be reminded that 2 years ago the best team in region 5 was denied the playoffs.....and 4 years ago Gallatin went down and beat Brentwood who was supposed to kill us what was it 42-0 like some said on here. You have to win more than just the last couple of years to be considered dominanting in my book. If you want I will give you the records of Gallatin versus all of the teams from region 6 that are in the playoffs, then you will see dominance!! Only Ravenwood can boast otherwise.

Gallatin wins against Dickson Co.

Franklin wins against Antioch

Brentwood wins against McGavock

Ravenwood wins against Overton

How can only Ravenwood boast otherwise? If i do recall the last time Franklin played Gallatin, at Gallatin where its "impossible to bea tthe in the playoff's" as some said on here, Franklin went in and beat em. The past 3 years Franklin is 9-3 in the playoffs, with all three losses coming to the eventual state champs. So over the past three years i will say that franklin has been a dominant team in the playoff. Not up to par with Riverdale of course.... as no one has.

"and 4 years ago Gallatin went down and beat Brentwood who was supposed to kill us what was it 42-0 like some said on here. "

Ah yes, I remember the Galltin-Brentwood matchup. In 2001, Bruins ahead 20-19 in the fourth-and then 3 straight 15 yard penalties against Brentwood to give Gallatin the ball inside the five where they kicked a field goal to win as time expired. One was legit- two were completely phantom. Gallatin wins 22-20. And no, Brentwood was not supposed to win 42-0, they were two very evenly matched teams coming in. But the Bruins had the game well in hand until "outside forces" came in. Gallatin ended up getting spanked the next game in the quarters by Hendersonville.

A good case can be made that with a 5-10 record in the playoffs since Gallatin went to Class 5A, that the "dominance" is very romanticized.

"and 4 years ago Gallatin went down and beat Brentwood who was supposed to kill us what was it 42-0 like some said on here. "

Ah yes, I remember the Galltin-Brentwood matchup. In 2001, Bruins ahead 20-19 in the fourth-and then 3 straight 15 yard penalties against Brentwood to give Gallatin the ball inside the five where they kicked a field goal to win as time expired. One was legit- two were completely phantom. Gallatin wins 22-20. And no, Brentwood was not supposed to win 42-0, they were two very evenly matched teams coming in. But the Bruins had the game well in hand until "outside forces" came in. Gallatin ended up getting spanked the next game in the quarters by Hendersonville.

A good case can be made that with a 5-10 record in the playoffs since Gallatin went to Class 5A, that the "dominance" is very romanticized.

Seems to me that phantom things are common at Gallatin in the playoffs. Franklin was ahead 21-0 in the playoffs 3 years ago. As i went to kickoff back to Gallatin the lights suddenly went out in the stadium. weird thing was that the lights in the parking area and around the rest of the twon were still on. gallatin came back to make it an interesting game as franklin won 21-14

Your full of crap there Mr kicker.....I was living with my sister at the time and the power went off there as well. It was a power spike...

Gallatin vs. Ravenwood 0-1

Gallatin vs. Dickson County 15-7

Gallatin vs. Brentwood 10-1

Gallatin vs. Franklin 24-3

I am not talking about the last few years, I am talking all-time.

Ain't nothing "phantom" about those stats!!

Let me also add that I think Ravenwood will play Brentwood in a rematch to see who goes to the semifinals.

Edited by GWAVE1

Your full of crap there Mr kicker.....I was living with my sister at the time and the power went off there as well. It was a power spike...

Gallatin vs. Ravenwood 0-1

Gallatin vs. Dickson County 15-7

Gallatin vs. Brentwood 10-1

Gallatin vs. Franklin 24-3

I am not talking about the last few years, I am talking all-time.

Ain't nothing "phantom" about those stats!!

Let me also add that I think Ravenwood will play Brentwood in a rematch to see who goes to the semifinals.

Full of crap.... hmmm.... was standing around the 40 at the time the lights went out and remember looking around trying to figure out what happened and still remember to this day that lights outside the stadium were still on. Call that crap if u wish, but i know what i saw. So yes, that is phatom. and i sir was talking about franklins success the past few years, no where in my posts have i talked about anything other than that, so throw your stats in as u wish, completely irrelevant to my point

"All time stats"???

What a team did ten to twenty years ago bears nothing on recent history. The Holy Roman Empire was once dominant. So was Mesopotamia. Dominance is relative to current times.

One time Army was the dominant college football team in the country. No one could argue they have "dominance" anymore. Are you claiming dominance today because twenty years ago you guys had a run?

My point still stands. In recent years, Region 6 has dominated Region 5. But now with new makeups in both regions, we get to reset all over again.

"All time stats"???

What a team did ten to twenty years ago bears nothing on recent history. The Holy Roman Empire was once dominant. So was Mesopotamia. Dominance is relative to current times.

One time Army was the dominant college football team in the country. No one could argue they have "dominance" anymore. Are you claiming dominance today because twenty years ago you guys had a run?

My point still stands. In recent years, Region 6 has dominated Region 5. But now with new makeups in both regions, we get to reset all over again.

Wow, thank u. couldnt have put it in better words myself

It is called tradition boys....you would quote it too if it was the other way around.

Ever flipped the switch on lights at a ballpark or even in the gym at a school. It takes them a while to come back on. When the lights went out so did the entire east side of town, in which I was facing at the time from under the pressbox. EVERY light went out, it just takes the field lights time to come back on. Go try it at your local park. Besides why put a damper on a good game. Franklin took it to us, Gallatin rallied but came up short. Great game just terrible weather and field conditions. No one pulled the switch, no one magically made Gallatin play better from that moment on, no one made it rain that night....conspiracy theory it to death if you wish. Just like those "phantom" penalties against Brentwood. Hey...it was at their place not ours. It sure looked like some late hits by the guy who got ejected. I guess the winning field goal was phantom as well.

Seriously I hope to see Brentwood next week. I am anxious to see ya'lls Qb and defense. And I will predict, if we both get there, a Brentwood win. I don't think we have the offense to go very far in the playoffs.

Briefly breaking it down-IMO

Ravenwood-Overton: Raptors O vs. Overton D. What the unsung story here is the Raptors D should shut Overton down on Offense. Highly underated side of their game. Overton can't keep them out of the endzone enough times to win the game. Jennings disects Bobcat secondary.

Brentwood-McGavock: While McGavock boasts about their speed, Bruins have seen speed many times during the season - and with one of the top D's in Class 5A, it doesn't make a difference. Too many weapons in all facets of the game makes the compelling case for Brentwood. Only question mark (for both R'wood and B'wood): neither team has been tested in a month; are they rusty?

Antioch-Franklin: Preston Brown is the main weapon for the Bears, but against the Rebels, you need more than one weapon. Franklin has more offensive weapons to use and a scheme Antioch hasn't seen before; Defensively if Antioch passes the ball it will play to the Reb's advantage. Big question mark is Rebels' HC in his first trip to the playoffs. Rebs win a hard fought game.

Gallatin- Dickson County: This game could be over in 48 minutes. DC is the weakest of the Region 6 teams to make the playoffs; Gallatin is battle-tested and is used to teams trying to keep the ball on the ground. Home field will make this a clear-cut victory for the Green Wave-and the most lopsided win.

Wouldn't change a single thought....agree completely!