Jp2 Division 2 State Champions

timbdp

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great season for a great group of young ladies.

Just read Coach Weekly's comments in the Chattanooan. He credits their loss to two mistakes. He made no comment on "playing a good team" or "well coached"...no credit to JPII for their performance. I've seen dozens of soccer matches come down to the mistakes but, truth be told, most of the time the better team will capitalize on their opponents errors which is what makes them the beter team. I do sincerely believe that most of the fans who watched that game would not attribute the victory to mistakes but to a very solid possession game played by JPII.

Baylor is a very good program and several of their players are among the elite players in this state. They have had a good run and I congratulate them on their character and ability. Right now, though, I've got to go dig out the Eagles album with "New Kid in Town" on it.

Just read Coach Weekly's comments in the Chattanooan. He credits their loss to two mistakes. He made no comment on "playing a good team" or "well coached"...no credit to JPII for their performance.

We don't know everything that Coach Weekley said about PJPII. The author of the article most likely didn't put everything in the article that was said after the game. He may have given credit to them, but the author chose not to include it in the article.

We don't know everything that Coach Weekley said about PJPII. The author of the article most likely didn't put everything in the article that was said after the game. He may have given credit to them, but the author chose not to include it in the article.

That is a possibility. Indeed you may be right as I have a great deal of respect for Coach Weekly and you can't control the editing. My apologies.

Baylor has had a great run and their fans were gracious in defeat. JPII dominated early and the second half was all about ball controll and the tickity tock. Congrats Lady Knights on a great, undefeated season. Also, congrats on being one of the top 10 teams in the country. Hopefully, this championship will open the door for other sports at our school to follow in your footsteps. As for Charity and Christina, I have heard that everything is going to be fine, so get well soon.

WAY TOO GO GIRLS, PROUD TO BE A KNIGHT. :lol:

As I mentioned on another thread, JP2 is the most impressive team I have seen since the '94 Germantown team with Cindy Parlow. Lawson and Forrester are unbelievable! To defeat a Jimmy Weekley team like that deserves much credit.

I believe that was the first state championship of any kind for Pope John Paul II in their short school history.

Congrats!

What a contrast between a school with 85 athletic state championships (more than double any other Tennessee school) and a school just earning their first.

As I mentioned on another thread, JP2 is the most impressive team I have seen since the '94 Germantown team with Cindy Parlow. Lawson and Forrester are unbelievable! To defeat a Jimmy Weekley team like that deserves much credit.

I believe that was the first state championship of any kind for Pope John Paul II in their short school history.

Congrats!

What a contrast between a school with 85 athletic state championships (more than double any other Tennessee school) and a school just earning their first.

99 germantown

Peterw -- Nice Post and thanks.... Courtney Coffee won The Div II State Wrestling Championship at 215 LBS last year as a Sophmore... He is heavily favored to repeat this year... Courtney lost one match all of last year and that was in Louisville KY in a very contoversial match against a SR who had not lost in three years. The boy pointed Courtney on a last minute stall call against Courtney.